Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

kingsfall

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can visit Seamless Bespoke (SB), Yeossal (YS) and The Quarters (TQ). Each of them offers different brands at various price points. For your budget, you'll likely be looking at Yanko (SB), TLB Mallorca (YS) and Carlos Santos (TQ).

Oriental (SB), Corno Blu (YS) and Antonio Meccariello (YS) might be possible too for those models that are on sale.

Hi does Yeossal have a physical shop?

kingsfall

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll be going go hcm in December. Was wondering if anyone knows of any shoe maker or brands from Vietnam that are worth looking at?

evangel21

Reaction score
Isn't GST dependent on the declared price of your item? I would think any item above S$400 will get hit.

nkapped

Reaction score
It’s quite variable actually - maybe it depends on how clearly the value has been declared because I’ve not always had this charged with goods purchased from overseas. It can add a fair amount extra to the cost, especially when DHL or other carriers slap on an advance payment charge as well. Can easily end up paying $50 more.

Isn't GST dependent on the declared price of your item? I would think any item above S$400 will get hit.

Landreth

Reaction score
I avoided GST from a purchase from Skoak earlier this year. They billed my credit card around $430 so it could be a case of Singapore customs using a better rate for the fx conversion.

I could just be lucky though. I also bought something around the same price range this year from the Sabot that was charged GST.

Last edited:

vohengramm

Reaction score
Dress Boots

Hey, where do you guys recommend getting dress boots from? None of that Red-Wing stuff.

mehpeh

Reaction score
Hi all, currently a uni student starting my internship soon. What's the best 1st pair of working shoe I should get? Best as in most versatile. Should I get black or brown? Also I'm looking to get a pair from Arden teal, are they worth it or should i just get from the typical pedro/aldo

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.