HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2018, 10:28 PM   #541

Yeossal is having a sale now and the Corno Blu Lyra is on 30% off!

Here are some pictures of mine fixed with metal toe taps. Finally got down to mirror shining the captoes over the weekend!

Condition is after about 6 months of wear, rotated amongst 5 other pairs of shoes. Swapped the orginal flat laces out for these thin round laces to bring out a more formal look.
Emospence likes this.

Last edited by wrinklednails; 03-09-2018 at 10:34 PM..
wrinklednails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:33 PM   #542

Anyone like grey shoes? They’re growing on me.

This was a recent acquisition - the Meccariello Decurion II in grey museum calf. On the Soft Square last.

arcfire, MeRfMeRf and Emospence like this.
nkapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:52 PM   #543

Anyone like grey shoes? Theyíre growing on me.

This was a recent acquisition - the Meccariello Decurion II in grey museum calf. On the Soft Square last.

Nice! What colour cream polish u use?
spencert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:53 PM   #544

Here are some pictures of mine fixed with metal toe taps. Finally got down to mirror shining the captoes over the weekend!

Condition is after about 6 months of wear, rotated amongst 5 other pairs of shoes. Swapped the orginal flat laces out for these thin round laces to bring out a more formal look.
Really value for money sale!
Old 03-09-2018, 11:50 PM   #545

I’d use neutral cream polish and black wax polish on the toecap.

Nice! What colour cream polish u use?
Old 04-09-2018, 12:39 AM   #546

Iíd use neutral cream polish and black wax polish on the toecap.
I see, looks great! This is not the RTW line though. You did a GMTO?
Old 04-09-2018, 09:46 AM   #547

Yes, this was a GMTO with some guys on Styleforum. It’s an Argentum model but I opted for a handwelted version.

I see, looks great! This is not the RTW line though. You did a GMTO?
Old 04-09-2018, 10:31 PM   #548

Nice shoes! Noticed the sole looks a bit worn out, you dont intend to topy them?
extofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:36 AM   #549

Hi, does anyone know if itís possible to try on C&Js in Singapore? Looking at them but not sure if theyíll fit me well. Or if anyone has other good recommendations for oxfords - Budget around 600-800. Thanks for your help!
dennchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:11 AM   #550
High Supremacy Member

Hi, does anyone know if itís possible to try on C&Js in Singapore? Looking at them but not sure if theyíll fit me well. Or if anyone has other good recommendations for oxfords - Budget around 600-800. Thanks for your help!
Enzo Bonafe @ Seamless Bespoke

WTS: BNIB Zowie G-TF Speed mousepad, CDs
Emospence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:41 PM   #551

Yeossal having sales on Antonio Meccariello and Corno Blu shoes. There are oxfords on sale depending if your size is available. Well within your budget and under even.
evangel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #552

Not sure if it’s fashionable any longer with this crowd but Carmina is perfect for that budget, there are plenty of styles and you can customize easily on their website too. Pop into their store at Capitol to try.

Hi, does anyone know if it’s possible to try on C&Js in Singapore? Looking at them but not sure if they’ll fit me well. Or if anyone has other good recommendations for oxfords - Budget around 600-800. Thanks for your help!
Old 06-09-2018, 05:01 PM   #553

Thanks all for your recommendations!

@emospence: I went to try on the Enzos at lunch; really great fit. But the dark brown will take awhile to grow on me, and they donít have it in other colours except that and black. MTO is too out of my Budget unfortunately

@evangel21: yes! Have booked an appointment at their showroom this sat

@nkapped: I actually went to carmina to try on, but Iím a EUR 37 and they donít have it in store. In order for me to even try it on, Iíll have to place a deposit (??) so they can order it down from the factory, so even though I like Carmina, that was quite a turn off for me.
dennchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:14 PM   #554
Master Member

Posted from PCWX using SM-N950F
tamashi1987 likes this.

Last edited by aerolord; 06-09-2018 at 06:17 PM..
aerolord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:01 PM   #555

Thanks all for your recommendations!

@emospence: I went to try on the Enzos at lunch; really great fit. But the dark brown will take awhile to grow on me, and they donít have it in other colours except that and black. MTO is too out of my Budget unfortunately

@evangel21: yes! Have booked an appointment at their showroom this sat

@nkapped: I actually went to carmina to try on, but Iím a EUR 37 and they donít have it in store. In order for me to even try it on, Iíll have to place a deposit (??) so they can order it down from the factory, so even though I like Carmina, that was quite a turn off for me.
Yeossal sales is really great value now. You will definitely not leave empty handed
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.