Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

d4rkw1sH

Reaction score
has ed et al stopped their lion and the star or something? dont see it on the website anymore and facebook like no updates.

learningdandy

Reaction score
Hi all, need some suggestions for my next purchase as i am due to start an internship in a office setting. Was wondering how appropriate are loafers in sg context. Does it differ industry to industry? I dont work in CBD and will be in pharma/healthcare setting

I already have a chocolate double monks but i was thinking of gettinf a burgundy penny to trot in on days without any presentations or sorts. Am not considering black shoes i will have little use after the stint (no forseeable office environment work in the future) and was considering burgundy monks but like monks all week seems abit dull haha.

Last edited:

theblueark

Reaction score
Hi all, need some suggestions for my next purchase as i am due to start an internship in a office setting. Was wondering how appropriate are loafers in sg context. Does it differ industry to industry? I dont work in CBD and will be in pharma/healthcare setting

I already have a chocolate double monks but i was thinking of gettinf a burgundy penny to trot in on days without any presentations or sorts. Am not considering black shoes i will have little use after the stint (no forseeable office environment work in the future) and was considering burgundy monks but like monks all week seems abit dull haha.

I think loafers with socks are generally ok. The classic uncle Bata slip on shoes are “loafers” too. But pennys might be cut such that it shows more of your foot, which kinda gives it a more casual look.

RayeAng

Reaction score
I think loafers with socks are generally ok. The classic uncle Bata slip on shoes are “loafers” too. But pennys might be cut such that it shows more of your foot, which kinda gives it a more casual look.

Get a brogue derby. Singapore context, u can wear it to semi formal and non formal event.

j3r0m3

Reaction score
Would like to check with the gurus here.
Just bought a horsebit loafer from meermin but realised the size is half a size too big. This results in the loafers slipping off and even with sole inserts, it doesn't help.
Any recommendations on how I can save the situation or should I look to sell off the loafers?

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

lucied

Reaction score
Would like to check with the gurus here.
Just bought a horsebit loafer from meermin but realised the size is half a size too big. This results in the loafers slipping off and even with sole inserts, it doesn't help.
Any recommendations on how I can save the situation or should I look to sell off the loafers?

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

Sell them. Shoes are only good if they fit.

d4rkw1sH

Reaction score
any idea what can i use to like make the sides black again? i tried using my saphir black wax to apply over but doesnt seem to be working. shoe is ed et al lion and the star.

N0LA2mX.jpg

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kjB5mznl.jpg

DCha40Tl.jpg

Wsvizqwl.jpg

Bought new shoes in phillippines for the new work year total damage around 155 SGD

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5 using GAGT

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any idea what can i use to like make the sides black again? i tried using my saphir black wax to apply over but doesnt seem to be working. shoe is ed et al lion and the star.

N0LA2mX.jpg
Cream or edge dressing

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

arcfire

Master Member
Reaction score
Thinking of making it black. Easier for dress shoes

In this case, you'll need leather dye. Wax and creams are not going to give you the desired effect. You'll need to prep the shoe. i.e. strip the original color off the shoe and then apply shoe dye, moisturize the shoe, seal in the color with wax and cream and then wax it up to your desired shine.

IMHO, unless you have the interest and time to do this on your own, you're better off getting a black pair of shoes instead of trying the above. Else send it to a professional which will cost you a few hundred.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm which kind of cream? searched for edge dressing only see mason and smith but their black one is out of stock
Shoe cream in black. Shoe cream typically imparts more colour than wax and Saphir's shoe creams are one of the most pigment saturated ones that I've used.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

learningdandy

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of leather penny which felt abit tight but I am not sure...how do y'all tell if your loafers are too tight? there's no allowance at the heel when i try to push my foot forward but there's not much discomfort when I tried on the shoes too. Dk if i should change half size bigger :/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.