Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

vohengramm

Reaction score
saint_laurent_boots_39_12_197000519_1547464381_db7ea2c0.jpg

just wondering if this can be used as formal shoes, want to try something different

like black tie? nope. could work with standard office trousers but its very plain for a pair of very plain trousers

theblueark

Reaction score
Will wholecut oxfords be a good choice for groom shoes?

Depends on the theme of your wedding? Wholecut oxfords probably perfect for formal and traditional ones, especially if they are black.

I went with brown brogue wingtips for my outdoor, rustic styled wedding.

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking to get a pair of wholecut oxfords for daily work wear.

Is Ed Et Al still good?
Or are there better options out there?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5 using GAGT

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking to get a pair of wholecut oxfords for daily work wear.

Is Ed Et Al still good?
Or are there better options out there?

There are always better options. What is the more pertinent question is how much more can you pay for better.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are always better options. What is the more pertinent question is how much more can you pay for better.

In the same price bracket, my budget is very low
just need a basic GYW, nothing fanciful

liquidy

Reaction score
Depends on the theme of your wedding? Wholecut oxfords probably perfect for formal and traditional ones, especially if they are black.

I went with brown brogue wingtips for my outdoor, rustic styled wedding.

Mine is jus formal and traditional. I was thinking of brown wholecut oxfords to match grey suit, rather than black.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Is there dress shoes that is wide cutting and comfortable (is, softer leather). I find hard leather quite painful

theblueark

Reaction score
In the same price bracket, my budget is very low
just need a basic GYW, nothing fanciful

Sad that atelier llyr seems to have paused work for the time being. After many wears, I actually prefer their shoes over EEA.

Their site still has old stock for really cheap. You might want to check if they have something you like in your size.

You can take a look at the gyw offerings at Robinsons too. I didn’t really like them but at least we have options to see in person. The other way to go is with meermin, but their shipping fee will eat into your budget and their QC is a bit sketchy so there are hits and misses.

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In that case, support local brands lah.

Yeah will take a look
Sad that atelier llyr seems to have paused work for the time being. After many wears, I actually prefer their shoes over EEA.

Their site still has old stock for really cheap. You might want to check if they have something you like in your size.

You can take a look at the gyw offerings at Robinsons too. I didn’t really like them but at least we have options to see in person. The other way to go is with meermin, but their shipping fee will eat into your budget and their QC is a bit sketchy so there are hits and misses.
Can't find the one I'm looking for at atelier

Found my wholecut oxfords at meermin but Meermin seems to only have domestic USA shipping, think it requires a 3rd party forwarder? Correct me if I'm wrong

I'll head over to Robinsons, any particular brand to watch out for?

RayeAng

Reaction score
For Robinson, doucal,loake, florence.. all these shoes are at lower price tier... But not all gyw, some are blake.

theblueark

Reaction score
Yeah will take a look

Can't find the one I'm looking for at atelier

Found my wholecut oxfords at meermin but Meermin seems to only have domestic USA shipping, think it requires a 3rd party forwarder? Correct me if I'm wrong

I'll head over to Robinsons, any particular brand to watch out for?

I believe they do international shipping but it’s pretty pricy. And if you spot any defects you need to send back at your own cost. So I haven’t tried ordering a pair directly, only bought from Carousell when someone buys the wrong size :p

For Robinsons, go to the one at Heeran, they carry a lot more brands. I haven’t tried any of them actually. But ya, not all are gyw so check properly.

wacks_505

Reaction score
Hi guys, would like some advise.

Have size US 8 feet and am looking for a pair of casual penny loafers.

Unfortunately most penny loafers I try on are slipping off i.e. too big.

For example I bought a pair from Earnest and Collective at their smallest size 39 and it is still too big.

Anyone has any recommendations for a off the rack pair or is it recommended to go custom made? Budget isn't high since its a casual/off-work kind of shoes ~200+

lucied

Reaction score
Hi guys, would like some advise.

Have size US 8 feet and am looking for a pair of casual penny loafers.

Unfortunately most penny loafers I try on are slipping off i.e. too big.

For example I bought a pair from Earnest and Collective at their smallest size 39 and it is still too big.

Anyone has any recommendations for a off the rack pair or is it recommended to go custom made? Budget isn't high since its a casual/off-work kind of shoes ~200+

Sounds like you aren't a US 8. Might want to get a brannock fitting.

wacks_505

Reaction score
Herring. Afop. Pediwear. Depends on last u may go for smaller size.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Any of these brands have outlets in SG? Preferably would like to try first before buying before getting any more ill fitting shoes..

wacks_505

Reaction score
Sounds like you aren't a US 8. Might want to get a brannock fitting.

Its weird coz my ASICS running shoes are sized US8.5 and my casual sneakers (i.e. Converse, Toms) are also at US 8 or 8.5.

But in real life it doesn't seem to equate to dress shoes US 8??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.