HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2019, 08:19 PM   #856
Supremacy Member

Cheers.good choice with brown. Time has changed, ppl longer see black as a necessity.

I am working in a shirt n tie environment and I don't have a single pair of black pants or shoes :S

Definitely no intention of getting one as well
Yup I have a black pair as it is the conventional choice for a first shoe. I hardly ever wear it anymore either which is a waste as it's quite a nice shoe.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
darthsid11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 10:29 AM   #857

Erm, I need recommendation on shoes polish for Loake Aldwych Dark Brown.

Can share where to buy it as well?

Previously I am using the free kiwi given by Pediwear.
VodkaPear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 05:16 PM   #858

Hi guys any recommendation for a comfortable office shoe for wide feet?
Jklmnop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 09:05 PM   #859
Supremacy Member

Brown kiwi wax works fine. For crème the usual recommendation would be saphir.. try tangs or carousell
All in a Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:54 PM   #860

Can go for Saphir's Médaille D'Or range Creme Polish and/or Wax Polish in Dark Brown/Parisien Brown.

If price is of concern, then Saphir's Beaute de Cuir range is good enough too.
espressoull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:12 PM   #861
Master Member

hey guys,

i have a dark brown pedro oxford shoes and i would like to be able to at least maintain it with wax and polish. any recommendations on cheap and reasonable brands?
bjornng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:58 PM   #862
High Supremacy Member

hey guys,

i have a dark brown pedro oxford shoes and i would like to be able to at least maintain it with wax and polish. any recommendations on cheap and reasonable brands?
earnest and collective

great value imo
K|muRa^84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:22 PM   #863
Master Member

earnest and collective

great value imo

Kiwi. The original post was asking for cheap and good wax and polish.
K|muRa^84 likes this.
urbanturban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:04 PM   #864

Hi all, I am looking to buy my first pair of leather shoes!

With a budget of 100 and below and dark brown color preference, which brands would be recommended?

And for socks the color is suppose to either match the pants or the shoes, is it right?
luckyMistake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:39 PM   #865

Hi all, I am looking to buy my first pair of leather shoes!

With a budget of 100 and below and dark brown color preference, which brands would be recommended?

And for socks the color is suppose to either match the pants or the shoes, is it right?
Up the budget a teeny bit and go for earnest and collective. Or keep an eye out for their sales, they recently had $109 storewide sales and often have discounted pairs sub $100.

Socks yes can match either pants or shoes, depending which style theory you go with. Nowadays it doesn’t really matter and a lot of people have fun with more colours and patterns.
theblueark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:28 PM   #866

Up the budget a teeny bit and go for earnest and collective. Or keep an eye out for their sales, they recently had $109 storewide sales and often have discounted pairs sub $100.

Socks yes can match either pants or shoes, depending which style theory you go with. Nowadays it doesn’t really matter and a lot of people have fun with more colours and patterns.
Ok thank you for your input!!! I will keep an eye out for sales hahahaha
luckyMistake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:29 PM   #867
Master Member

Kiwi. The original post was asking for cheap and good wax and polish.
thanks bro and to bro K|muRa^84 too! usually i just wear black leather shoes from bata and didn't bother polishing them at all haha so now want to learn how to with a nicer pair of oxfords first

i've been reading up online and this thread too and i noticed that there are quite a few accessories to maintain the shoes.. leather conditioner, cream or wax polish (the differences etc).. and saphir is a well sough after brand, though they have different kinds.

just wondering, what would be the recommended for dark brown shoes? i was thinking probably the accessories i need are shoe brush (kiwi?), shoe horn, and cream wax polish.. would that be sufficient?
bjornng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 11:06 PM   #868

anybody knows if atelier llyr shoes are leather or rubber soles? website din write
Insatiablex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:41 AM   #869
Master Member

thanks bro and to bro K|muRa^84 too! usually i just wear black leather shoes from bata and didn't bother polishing them at all haha so now want to learn how to with a nicer pair of oxfords first

i've been reading up online and this thread too and i noticed that there are quite a few accessories to maintain the shoes.. leather conditioner, cream or wax polish (the differences etc).. and saphir is a well sough after brand, though they have different kinds.

just wondering, what would be the recommended for dark brown shoes? i was thinking probably the accessories i need are shoe brush (kiwi?), shoe horn, and cream wax polish.. would that be sufficient?
I find that a slightly longer shoe brush (as compared to those you find in supermarket) is better. I think around 6" or 15cm types.
Don't use too much wax.
Enjoy your hobby.
urbanturban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:53 AM   #870
Master Member

anybody knows if atelier llyr shoes are leather or rubber soles? website din write
Should be leather unless otherwise stated. If you have a model in mind you can contact them to ask?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.