Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
AFPOS has some CS on sale. About $330 after shipping.

abygreen

Reaction score
working shoes, i buy not so ex one. earnest and collective online not bad. not too ex. enjoy wearing them. anyway shoes don't last these days.

nethdale

Reaction score
is online very much cheaper? also looking at yanko

Yes or no as it is very much depends on whether if there is sales for the pair you are getting? Apart from that, you probably need to meet certain amount to enjoy free shipping and it also subject to exchange rate charged by the credit company. More importantly try the size of the last locally, if you could; before your triggering the button. Generally, I have to down 1 size.

Last edited:

runningman.snsd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to topy the bottom sole?

My gyw sole has a small hole alr, wanna topy over it to make my shoes last longer

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to topy the bottom sole?

My gyw sole has a small hole alr, wanna topy over it to make my shoes last longer
If it is a gyw and there is already a hole shouldn't you look to resoling instead? I would figure a sole protector would be a band aid measure.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

runningman.snsd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If it is a gyw and there is already a hole shouldn't you look to resoling instead? I would figure a sole protector would be a band aid measure.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

The hole is right in the middle and it’s a very small hole, that’s why I would love to topy it over, say topy is 100% surface, the hole right in the middle with surface of 0.1%? Once topy over I am quite sure no water will go through that hole

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought a yanko from seamless bespoke.... wonderful experience, very friendly and accommodating.... will go back for more

Just go Seamless Bespoke for Enzo Bonafe/Yanko. and Yeossal for their AMs & Y range. I suspect you are same size as me.

Enzo's are general true to size with high insteps. They are all on sales right now with 20% - 40% discount ($498 - $622). Great value, I managed to grab one at $498 last week. Go before gone, they are clearing stock and will only be doing GMTO going forth.

Yeossal has a few brands, is expanding their Y by Yeossal big time. I saw like 8-10 new models for display last week.

They are all better value than Carmina in terms of leathers used and workmanship, even without sales.

striker22

Reaction score
I was previously considering a pair of AM Split toe GMTO from Yeossal which is no longer available but it seems the same design is available in their new range Y by Yeossal MTO

The maker and the leather used is no longer by Meccariello. Any one with experience on both the last and leather quality? It stated the new range MTOs are made in the Far East now, not sure if the maker is a trade secret? Or Yim shoemaker?

Also the sizing seems to be vastly different, a UK10 is a 46 which I presume is CN, not EU.

spencert

Reaction score
Bought a yanko from seamless bespoke.... wonderful experience, very friendly and accommodating.... will go back for more
Great to hear you found something that you like. You should also head down to Yeossal. Their TLBs are in the same ball park price and quality as Yanko. The maker used to be from Yanko as well.

I was previously considering a pair of AM Split toe GMTO from Yeossal which is no longer available but it seems the same design is available in their new range Y by Yeossal MTO

The maker and the leather used is no longer by Meccariello. Any one with experience on both the last and leather quality? It stated the new range MTOs are made in the Far East now, not sure if the maker is a trade secret? Or Yim shoemaker?

Also the sizing seems to be vastly different, a UK10 is a 46 which I presume is CN, not EU.
Think you are confused with the Y by Yeossal range. They have AM range (Argentum welted) which are made in Italy and another china range (hand-welted) that are made in China. The former general uses better quality leather in their uppers... meaning less shoes made from a single piece of hide... leading to better choice of leather used.

As for the latter, the maker is not Yim Shoemaker but some other shoe maker in China. Decent workmanship, leather quality. Being hand-welted, more time and effort are spent in making the shoes. Great bang for the buck for $798 with shoes trees. They have also expanded their range and opening a lot more MTO options (about 10 more models). As for sizing, why not go down and try out, since they have a physical store in SG. Do note to make an appointment before you go down or go on Saturday afternoons.

Last edited:

striker22

Reaction score
Think you are confused with the Y by Yeossal range. They have AM range (Argentum welted) which are made in Italy and another china range (hand-welted) that are made in China. The former general uses better quality leather in their uppers... meaning less shoes made from a single piece of hide... leading to better choice of leather used.

As for the latter, the maker is not Yim Shoemaker but some other shoe maker in China. Decent workmanship, leather quality. Being hand-welted, more time and effort are spent in making the shoes. Great bang for the buck for $798 with shoes trees. They have also expanded their range and opening a lot more MTO options (about 10 more models). As for sizing, why not go down and try out, since they have a physical store in SG. Do note to make an appointment before you go down or go on Saturday afternoons.

I must be missing something here because the new Y MTO range is going for $918-$958 plus $120 MTO upcharge on their website rather than $798. Is $798 some inner circle or group pricing?

spencert

Reaction score
I must be missing something here because the new Y MTO range is going for $918-$958 plus $120 MTO upcharge on their website rather than $798. Is $798 some inner circle or group pricing?

Sorry, didn't realise the new MTOs are priced at $918. Current RTW and previous MTOs were all priced at $798. There is a 13% increase in the MTO offerings.

striker22

Reaction score
I am sure they could turn out to be good value.

However the pricing (base + MTO) would give me pause with an unknown maker. Oftentimes, the best skins are given to the larger more established clientele. Also, harder to resell if they do not fit after several wears.

Nonetheless I will drop by the store to find out more. Might ask them to restart the GMTO AM Centurion from April again instead.

Sorry, didn't realise the new MTOs are priced at $918. Current RTW and previous MTOs were all priced at $798. There is a 13% increase in the MTO offerings.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.