Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

Like Tree129Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2018, 02:21 PM   #91
Supremacy Member

Just running a quick interest check on a MTO that i'm considering:

Maker: Enzo Bonafe (through Seamless)

Type: Chukka

Last: Tentatively 946 or similar (up for suggestions)

Welt: norvegese

Sole: single leather with vibram/topy, Beveled waist (not sure if this is possible)

Leather: Plum museum or claret museum

Others: Braided laces

Would anyone be keen in this?
I wouldn't mind a "formal" chukka.. 2-3 eyelet sleek last.. This make up not quite..

Would the seamless team be able to help you gather interest from like-minded guys?

Anyway I personally think it is worth a business consideration for new age sartorial businesses, leveraging on social media, facilitating a community that ultimately helps to generate sales. Or perhaps they are already on SF!
All in a Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 02:24 PM   #92
Supremacy Member

Nobody knows any cobbler for toe tap work?
I assume you mean metal toe taps? I believe in local cobbling context these are still something relatively new (IMHO).

Your best bets are those more 'abreast' with the shoes scene. E.g. mason smith, EEA.
All in a Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 02:47 PM   #93
Master Member

I wouldn't mind a "formal" chukka.. 2-3 eyelet sleek last.. This make up not quite..

Would the seamless team be able to help you gather interest from like-minded guys?

Anyway I personally think it is worth a business consideration for new age sartorial businesses, leveraging on social media, facilitating a community that ultimately helps to generate sales. Or perhaps they are already on SF!
Good point. I'll check with them the next time i'm there.

Thanks!
Old 30-04-2018, 06:30 PM   #94

Just running a quick interest check on a MTO that i'm considering:

Maker: Enzo Bonafe (through Seamless)

Type: Chukka

Last: Tentatively 946 or similar (up for suggestions)

Welt: norvegese

Sole: single leather with vibram/topy, Beveled waist (not sure if this is possible)

Leather: Plum museum or claret museum

Others: Braided laces

Would anyone be keen in this?

Thanks for the support.
The makeup is certainly quite appealing. Lets see if we can get another 2 interests.
With regards to the beveled waist, it generally cannot be done if you desire a 270 deg or 360 deg norvegese.
However, there is an option to do a 180 deg norvegese (waist to waist norvegese) construction with a blake stitched waist. You will get the effect of a beveled waist in this case, but I am not sure if a blake stitched waist is something you would want?
thundermarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 10:17 PM   #95
Master Member

Thanks for the support.
The makeup is certainly quite appealing. Lets see if we can get another 2 interests.
With regards to the beveled waist, it generally cannot be done if you desire a 270 deg or 360 deg norvegese.
However, there is an option to do a 180 deg norvegese (waist to waist norvegese) construction with a blake stitched waist. You will get the effect of a beveled waist in this case, but I am not sure if a blake stitched waist is something you would want?
Thanks for the advice TM. Would be awesome if we're able garner another 2 interests!

My plan was to have the norvegese welt so I'd go for 270 or even 360 if that is doable. Beveled waist was just something of a nice to have so I'm ok without it.
Old 30-04-2018, 11:14 PM   #96

I assume you mean metal toe taps? I believe in local cobbling context these are still something relatively new (IMHO).

Your best bets are those more 'abreast' with the shoes scene. E.g. mason smith, EEA.
Yeah was looking to avoid those. Their prices are $100~. My shoes aren't expensive enough to justify that cost.
lucied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:36 PM   #97
wiz

Anyone has Vass? What are your experiences? Vass seems to be in the same bracket as Enzo Bonafé
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:49 PM   #98

Re

Guys saw this in IG. What's ur comment on the shoes? I beiong the monks.

https://earnestcollective.com/collections/minimalist

Would be interested to hear opinion on their shoes as well. Seems decently priced and the reviews online seem to be good. Anyone has any experience with them?
cyberac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:46 AM   #99
Master Member

Yeah was looking to avoid those. Their prices are $100~. My shoes aren't expensive enough to justify that cost.
If you do it when you order the shoes, they are usually about 30 to 35 Euros.
urbanturban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:37 PM   #100

Yeah I have a couple of Vass. I think they’re really well constructed, attractive shoes and there is a fantastic MTO programme (Ascot Shoes does a fantastic job with publicity). They are generally pricier than Enzos though, at least in my experience. The Vass lasts are also really beautiful, as many people will tell you. I’m more partial to Vass mainly because Enzos don’t fit my feet that well.

Anyone has Vass? What are your experiences? Vass seems to be in the same bracket as Enzo Bonafé
nkapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:48 PM   #101
wiz

Thanks, yes Karl and team does very well with their advert on IG. Do you size up half from Enzo’s?

Yeah I have a couple of Vass. I think they’re really well constructed, attractive shoes and there is a fantastic MTO programme (Ascot Shoes does a fantastic job with publicity). They are generally pricier than Enzos though, at least in my experience. The Vass lasts are also really beautiful, as many people will tell you. I’m more partial to Vass mainly because Enzos don’t fit my feet that well.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:58 PM   #102

It’s a bit more complicated than that because I wear different sizes in different lasts. Best if you ask one of the retailers directly for advice. But I actually size down by half for Vass compared to my regular size (at least on the U and K lasts).

Thanks, yes Karl and team does very well with their advert on IG. Do you size up half from Enzo’s?
nkapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:11 PM   #103
wiz

The perils of online shopping

It’s a bit more complicated than that because I wear different sizes in different lasts. Best if you ask one of the retailers directly for advice. But I actually size down by half for Vass compared to my regular size (at least on the U and K lasts).
Old 04-05-2018, 09:12 AM   #104

Does anyone have recommendation for size13 wide width? Can’t seem to find any retailers that offers it. Is ed et al MTO worth the $300?
jonathanljk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #105

Hello, is it possible to replace the elastic side panels on a pair of chelsea boots locally?
MookieTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.