Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2019, 02:48 PM   #1291

are doc martens shoes heavy to wear?
bbbbbw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:11 PM   #1292
Supremacy Member

Is this shoes quality decent? Just that itís not GYW. As I would need a pair in less than 3 weeks and MTO at CustomMade and EEA need more than 6 weeks.
Buy from carousell
All in a Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:54 PM   #1293

Find your size locally then buy online
lordjinfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:58 PM   #1294
Master Member

are doc martens shoes heavy to wear?
They are heavy.
urbanturban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 12:50 PM   #1295

How to get loake shoes here? Any sites that ships to Singapore?
choonfatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #1296
Supremacy Member

How to get loake shoes here? Any sites that ships to Singapore?
Try herring shoes
Old 15-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #1297

Are loakes durable? Might go for Dr Martens for the durability instead even though the different looks.
choonfatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 01:27 PM   #1298

Are loakes durable? Might go for Dr Martens for the durability instead even though the different looks.
Best you have a look at the models and styles. Loakes are Goodyear welted while Martens are bonded, only the upper are stitched onto a PVC welt.

Other factors you may want to consider are:

1) Leather - natural vs pigmented vs corrected
2) Shape of shoes for aesthetics and comfort purposes
3) Your wearing behaviours and preferences (the rubber outsole of Martens is pretty comfortable).
theRenaissance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 06:53 PM   #1299

Is there a thread on good looking good feeling socks?

The trashy cheap ones I have keep getting holes in them after a few wears, stretch out ridiculously and doesn't look good.
yang_nastyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 06:58 PM   #1300
Supremacy Member

The trashy cheap ones I have keep getting holes in them after a few wears, stretch out ridiculously and doesn't look good.
Good looking and good feeling is subjective.

Some suggestions

For igent, luxurious feel wool socks - Bresciani
For quirky designs - happy socks, paul smith, ASOS, Mr Porter

I think holes are unavoidable keeping wearing pattern, foot care and socks care constant. I doubt quality/cost can significantly prolong the "sock life" so to speak.
Old 18-10-2019, 10:36 PM   #1301
Supremacy Member

Gold Toe or Viccel socks. The latter has synthetics blended into them but are supremely hardy, the latter luxurious in feel.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
darthsid11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 10:45 AM   #1302

Hi guys. Need your help. I am looking to buy a formal dress shoe ( oxford brown colour ) . I seldom wear them, usually just for weddings etc. Is pedro / aldo a good fit for my budget? Looking for something around $100
Gunnerholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 01:25 AM   #1303

Hi guys. Need your help. I am looking to buy a formal dress shoe ( oxford brown colour ) . I seldom wear them, usually just for weddings etc. Is pedro / aldo a good fit for my budget? Looking for something around $100
Pedro and Aldo are not recommended because they use corrected grain leather and cemented construction, so they flake over time with or without frequent use, sole separation are also common.

If you donít mind used shoes, there are classic looking ones in Goodyear welted construction and full grain leather to be had on Carousell at your budget or with a slight top up. Some are almost new because people simply bought the wrong size online. Can search LLYR, CNES, Loake, Meermin, Ed Et Al at this price point.
oeuvre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 02:29 AM   #1304
Supremacy Member

If seldom wear, just buy saf no. 3 or bata, I see no diff from pedro or aldo
runningman.snsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 07:27 AM   #1305

Pedro and Aldo are not recommended because they use corrected grain leather and cemented construction, so they flake over time with or without frequent use, sole separation are also common.

If you donít mind used shoes, there are classic looking ones in Goodyear welted construction and full grain leather to be had on Carousell at your budget or with a slight top up. Some are almost new because people simply bought the wrong size online. Can search LLYR, CNES, Loake, Meermin, Ed Et Al at this price point.
Yea, i had a pair recently, which flakes all over. But thats some cheap unknown brand. Thanks for the info!!
Gunnerholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.