HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

~Porter Japan Official Thread~

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #136
Arch-Supremacy Member

That Porter Helmet series, anywhere in sg i can see and try it physically? I prefer to see it visually before deciding on buying lor. (Now is the kimutaku factor that is making me gian. )
Btw, u know why is it call Helmet series? It looks quite flat leh, can hold a motorbike helmet?
Can try Surrender at Devonshire Rd, behind Somerset. They do bring in imported Porter/HP stuffs, but I dun think they hav a wide range of catalog of items as compared to those online Rakuten/Yahoo shops. Can also try Wisma and Paragon those Porter International outlets, to see whether got similiarly designed ones anot.

Not sure why it's called the Helmet bag leh, but for Porter itself they do have alot of diff genre kinds of bags to suit everyone, like shoulder bags, waist bags, tote , 2-way/3-way, boston (those sports kind) as well as even dedicated bags for iPod range, mobile phone pouches and even camera bags. ^ ^
Old 25-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #137
Arch-Supremacy Member

Takuya Kimura lai le~ lai le~

ordered last saturday, arrive today, so fast~
Woot wee, congrats on ur arrival of the bag mosmos! Ya EMS is usually pretty fast within 2-3 days will reach us liao, cos Japan within same region as Singapore under the Asia region category for shipment.

Enjoy ur new bag ah hehe.
Old 25-09-2007, 11:12 PM   #138
Master Member

Street Jack November Issue

Ryoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 01:03 AM   #139
Master Member

Can try Surrender at Devonshire Rd, behind Somerset. They do bring in imported Porter/HP stuffs, but I dun think they hav a wide range of catalog of items as compared to those online Rakuten/Yahoo shops. Can also try Wisma and Paragon those Porter International outlets, to see whether got similiarly designed ones anot.

Not sure why it's called the Helmet bag leh, but for Porter itself they do have alot of diff genre kinds of bags to suit everyone, like shoulder bags, waist bags, tote , 2-way/3-way, boston (those sports kind) as well as even dedicated bags for iPod range, mobile phone pouches and even camera bags. ^ ^
OIC. I went to the Surrender at FEP...
Thanks Haonan! Will brop by if I have the time to take a look at the bags available there (Hope that they carry the Tanker Series).
Constant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #140

Just a head-up, Surrender is an official stockist for Headporter. They do not have Porter Tokyo in stores.
theRenaissance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 10:09 AM   #141
Arch-Supremacy Member

They really look very swee lor! But like not very suitable for working ppl leh... Coz usually its "safer" to carry a leather wallet...

mosmos, thats the tanker that haonan uploaded its pic a few posts ago?
No offence, how comes it look abit different from the kimutaku pic wan...
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #142
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just a head-up, Surrender is an official stockist for Headporter. They do not have Porter Tokyo in stores.
By what u mean official stockist, I believe u mean they are an official reseller for Headporter line of products? But as I had mentioned in this post here, basically Headporter and Porter Tokyo products are just different lines of products manufactured and released under the same sole company, by Yoshidakaban. That's also the reason why they share the same company label tag on their own range of products. I had always had the idea they import and bring in both the Headporter and Porter Tokyo series, since it's really hard to differentiate them since both lines do theortically share similiar product series as well, example Porter Tanker and Headporter Tanker.

Still, thanks for the heads up regarding this info. I'm sorry if I had divulged some wrong information earlier on here, hope I didn't mislead anyone.
Old 26-09-2007, 11:09 AM   #143

By what u mean official stockist, I believe u mean they are an official reseller for Headporter line of products? But as I had mentioned in this post here, basically Headporter and Porter Tokyo products are just different lines of products manufactured and released under the same sole company, by Yoshidakaban. That's also the reason why they share the same company label tag on their own range of products. I had always had the idea they import and bring in both the Headporter and Porter Tokyo series, since it's really hard to differentiate them since both lines do theortically share similiar product series as well, example Porter Tanker and Headporter Tanker.

Still, thanks for the heads up regarding this info. I'm sorry if I had divulged some wrong information earlier on here, hope I didn't mislead anyone.

Yup they are recognized by Porter as the official stockist for Headporter / Headporter+ range of products here in Singapore.
theRenaissance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 11:12 AM   #144
Arch-Supremacy Member

Kazuki, u need to read post #128 in this thread again. Porter Tanker 3-way bag used by TakuKimu-san, was mentioned in a japanese mag article I saw awhile back while browsing at Kinokuniya. The other 2 bags mentioned here, which is originalled scanned and extracted from the Porter Anniversary book titled "吉田カバン完全読本", was released in 2005 and it has nothing to do with the magazine feature that I had read recently at all. So all in all there's only one conclusion, he bought the Tanker 3-way bag only recently nia, which is of no surprise really to anyone, as I believe he can afford any premium label bags he wanted since he's a superstar himself.

Hope that ans ur question. ^ ^
Old 26-09-2007, 11:16 AM   #145
High Honorary Member

look same , label also same mah~

maybe it's flatten lor~

mosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 11:53 AM   #146
Arch-Supremacy Member

Kazuki, u need to read post #128 in this thread again. Porter Tanker 3-way bag used by TakuKimu-san, was mentioned in a japanese mag article I saw awhile back while browsing at Kinokuniya. The other 2 bags mentioned here, which is originalled scanned and extracted from the Porter Anniversary book titled "吉田カバン完全読本", was released in 2005 and it has nothing to do with the magazine feature that I had read recently at all. So all in all there's only one conclusion, he bought the Tanker 3-way bag only recently nia, which is of no surprise really to anyone, as I believe he can afford any premium label bags he wanted since he's a superstar himself.

Hope that ans ur question. ^ ^
Hi haonan. Paiseh ah, coz i really know nothing abt all this fashion thingie. (only know abitt abt Visual Rock. )

soso, the bag mosmos-san just bought in his pic is a Tanker 3way bag?
Which is also the bag in this pic? (the item on the right side)
http://www.kurachika.jp/message/takuya.html

And lets say i want to buy that Porter Helmet series, would there be anything like its Tokyo Porter, Headporter or what? Coz i rem u all said before there are "three different labels" for porter itself.
Or each label will have its own release, and wont overlap in their items?

(Anyone going to buy from rakuten soon? Can i tag along? I dun understand japanese websites lor... )
Old 26-09-2007, 11:56 AM   #147
High Honorary Member

is this website~

http://portershoplink.fc2web.com/takuya.html
mosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 12:31 PM   #148
Arch-Supremacy Member

So actually, is this 3-way bag:

same as this on the right?:
Old 26-09-2007, 01:00 PM   #149
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ok I clarify one by one slowly with u. Firstly, what mosmos had purchased is the Porter Tanker 3-way bag. Headporter also has their own series of Tanker 3-series, as originally stated in one of his posts, full catalog can be found on headporter.org. Difference btw both Porter Tokyo and Headporter? It's quite a dazzling history to write on, but to make it short Headporter is a company started in 1998 with only 2 outlets one in Harujuku another in New York, is founded and spearheaded by musician/designer Hiroshi Fujiwara , who also designs his own in-house labels like hTm and GoodEnough.

As for Porter Tokyo by Yoshidakaban, it's founded since 1935, which has a longer history than Headporter, but it wasn't until 1983 when the Tanker series was launched and designed by Katsuyuki Yoshida (3rd son of the founder), and subsequently a yr after in 1984, when their Luggage Label was released, then they started to garner in popularity. More info can be found here. (I'm sorry its in japanese wiki, but that's the only decent article I can find that covers the company history and its label series, scroll down for its full product series covered by Porter Tokyo/HP)

And lets say i want to buy that Porter Helmet series, would there be anything like its Tokyo Porter, Headporter or what? Coz i rem u all said before there are "three different labels" for porter itself.
Or each label will have its own release, and wont overlap in their items?

(Anyone going to buy from rakuten soon? Can i tag along? I dun understand japanese websites lor... )
All u need to know is, Porter Tokyo has its own in-house designers (with Katsuyuki Yoshida as the son and main designer for the Yoshidakaban company), while Headporter is solely started and its products designed by Hiroshi Fujiwara. Porter Tokyo also has more of its outlets spread throughout Japan, but Headporter only has a single outlet located in Harajuku. But it's worthnotey to note that Headporter is part of a division of Yoshidakaban now and since then Hiroshi Fujiwara has been doing designs for Yoshida Porter Tokyo too, thus u can see the crossover designs in terms of the Tanker series started by Yoshidakaban originally.

Porter International is just another label started by its Taiwan distributor, with authorisation by Yoshidakaban itself, thus the borrowed name of "Porter". More info: http://www.ll-porter.com/home.htm

As for Rakuten, I will fill u in if I know of anyone conducting MO or something in this thread. Seriously if u dunno japanese, I think with the help of VpostJapan it would usually solve ur problem. Or next time if I'm ordering my next bag I will let u know agn.
Old 26-09-2007, 01:09 PM   #150
Arch-Supremacy Member

So actually, is this 3-way bag:

same as this on the right?:
Nope, 2 diff bags. The 3-way bag that mosmos have is known as a Briefcase/Laptop bag (with multi-functional 3 ways of carrying it), under the Tanker series. The one stated on the Kurachika site from the book scan, what Takuya-san has showed on tat page is a Helmet bag but I would prefer to call it under the Tote bag, also under the Tanker series.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.