HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

~Porter Japan Official Thread~

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2007, 12:20 PM   #181
High Supremacy Member

who gotch use debit card order before? can use debit card?
bunegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2007, 04:10 PM   #182
High Honorary Member

walow cant use debit card.. they say cant charge
POSB Go card can't use online purchase de.

Do you have other debit cards?
mosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 09:29 AM   #183
High Supremacy Member

i gib them my orleng one
Old 23-10-2007, 12:22 AM   #184
Master Member

hoho. just got my porter tanker 2 way bag. ordered from coolcat on a saturday and recieved on monday. very nice. :-D so far i am pleased with the order and the bag. the bag looks great, and feels expensive lol. now for the bad part, which is not too many, just a little nit picking. the placement of the shoulder strap is such that when you wear the bag, the bag has a tendency to bend convexly outwards and down. its even more obvious when you are walking as it will frequently brush upon your legs. the zips are not as smooth as it should be, like the other porter models but they are minor. overall 2 thumbs up.

oh and for those considering getting one, and are new to porter like i was, here's a concise outline...dun buy the wrong thing!!

Porter: original since 1935? from yoshida & co. this is what coolcat sells. the one i bought. the online store is on the front page. no authenticity card, but who needs them eh?

Head Porter: i think it started in 1998? it is creatively directed by some japanese musician, but its still rightfully own by yoshida & co. the logo on the bag is also the same as the original porter. it also comes with an authenticity card that looks like a credit card. usually abit more expensive than porter. surrender, a shop near the old youth park sells them, but the prices are out of this world. better to buy online.

Porter International: aka the one at wisma. went to check it out, bags there were exorbitantly priced. made and design in taiwan. not related to yoshida & co at all. they only have the rights to use the porter name. easily distinguishable by the brand tag on the bag. my opinion, no point getting this one. prices are quite similar to porter, and if price is almost the same, why not get the one made in japan?

there hope it was some help. was initially confuse about the 3 before and made some serious investment mistakes. hope it doesnt happen to u too.

Last edited by mushuuus; 23-10-2007 at 12:25 AM..
mushuuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 12:46 AM   #185

the porter selling on ace-web/head-porter.org diff from coolcatz ? sry noob here.
Lampard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 09:13 AM   #186

yeah i also feel tat the ykk zip is not smooth... sometime have to zip up and down afew times to zip. i feel tat for the price of porter, they should have use better zip
hongge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 09:33 AM   #187
High Supremacy Member

yeah moi wallet from coolcat also come riaos

sat gib them orleng card monday reach liao
Old 23-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #188
High Honorary Member

the porter selling on ace-web/head-porter.org diff from coolcatz ? sry noob here.
coolcat selling yoshida porter/porter tokyo, others selling headporter.

design is different also.
Old 23-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #189
Master Member

yah, if they put there, head porter means its head porter, it they put porter, means its just simply porter. most people tend to get head porter as its slightly more expensive and has abit more credit and exlusivity to its name. note that difference in price can range between 100SGD for the same lookalike. but nontheless they are both made in japan and under yoshida.

Last edited by mushuuus; 23-10-2007 at 01:45 PM..
Old 23-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #190
Master Member

actually i think the zip problem is only apparent in the tanker series. the other series don't seem to have rigid zips. i think its because the tanker zips dun have coating.

mosmos, u also have the 2 way brief tanker right? ur bag got sag when u carry around ur shoulder ornot? mine sag quite bag till i can but my arm behind it and acutually have space to swing my arm!
Old 23-10-2007, 07:06 PM   #191

Anybody know where got sell Porter Python series wallet?
Wilb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 07:22 PM   #192
High Honorary Member

actually i think the zip problem is only apparent in the tanker series. the other series don't seem to have rigid zips. i think its because the tanker zips dun have coating.

mosmos, u also have the 2 way brief tanker right? ur bag got sag when u carry around ur shoulder ornot? mine sag quite bag till i can but my arm behind it and acutually have space to swing my arm!
my one is 3 way bag.

I have not use the bag yet, still inside plastic package.
Old 23-10-2007, 07:24 PM   #193
Supremacy Member

yah, if they put there, head porter means its head porter, it they put porter, means its just simply porter. most people tend to get head porter as its slightly more expensive and has abit more credit and exlusivity to its name. note that difference in price can range between 100SGD for the same lookalike. but nontheless they are both made in japan and under yoshida.
the material use is also diff...

and from i last heard, someone had their zip rusting on their yoshida bag
Impheatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #194

Anybody know where got sell Porter Python series wallet?

this was from a older series i believe.
sayhileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #195

any idea where to get this?wanted to get it but was told that they were out of stock.
sayhileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.