HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

~Porter Japan Official Thread~

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #2926

any recommend what kind of bag will be suitable for office wear.... Sling bag/ rackbag? not looking for any briefcase.
kanashii23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 08:49 AM   #2927
High Supremacy Member

any recommend what kind of bag will be suitable for office wear.... Sling bag/ rackbag? not looking for any briefcase.

frankly would prefer a briefcase, structured sling bag or even a tote if you can carry it off properly

rucksack/backpacks usually dont really look "professional" enough if you are from the business side. in enigneering generally no one cares
chromehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #2928
High Honorary Member

mosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #2929

Choy... I tot Yoshida Porter....

cosmoboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #2930
High Supremacy Member

Porter International logo is ugly~
Old 21-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #2931

I'm currently carrying the Porter Tanker Rucksack for work and totally loving it. fyi, i'm in the editorial line and most of my colleagues they either use backpacks or sling bags...
affa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #2932
High Supremacy Member

I am using Porter Heat Vertical Tote for work and leisure~ fits well~
Old 22-06-2011, 01:31 AM   #2933
Arch-Supremacy Member

The design looks like some cheap PVC bag.
CLOT offers us a look into their latest collaborative project developed alongside Head Porter. Working together with the famous Japanese bagmakers, CLOT brought a bit of its culture into the design, implementing a nylon woven motif on a series of bags which plays off an iconic Chinese design used by most of China and throughout the world. The colors used include red, white and blue, of course reflective of the name as well as the overall aesthetic. A release for the bags can be expected soon through JUICE stores, with the collection featuring a wide range of styles from a cell phone holder to tote and backpacks. [http://hypebeast.com/2011/02/clot-x-...g-collection/]
http://www.beinghunted.com/v51/featu...chen_clot.html
http://clotinc.com/information/

LOL, that's probably because the CLOT label is associated with Mr Edison Chen as he's one of the main co-founders of the brand label, the super loser who got exposed yrs back for his sex scandal with many HK celebrities. He seems to be quite on good terms with Hiroshi Fujiwara (founder of Head Porter/GOODENOUGH labels) though which is prolly why they collaborated on the product as mentioned above, as in many magazine press releases I have seen in the past covered for fashion mags, he was see photographed with Fujiwara-san in many pics before, especially during those fashion party launch events.

I certainly have alot of respect for Mr Hiroshi Fujiwara as he's a great inspiring fashion designer IMO, but it's quite a pity he chooses to collaborate and work with such a loser in life, sigh.

I am using Porter Heat Vertical Tote for work and leisure~ fits well~
Porter Heat and Tanker series under Yoshida Porter label seems to be quite a huge hit with the main crowd these days, during my most recent trip to Taiwan I do remembered seeing the young adults crowd carrying Tanker/Heat tote bags as well, especially when I was shopping around Taipei's Xi Men Ding area.

Personally I also loved their Tanker series myself as I have been using my Tanker shoulder tote for the last 3 yrs and still serving me well. Just ordered a Heat Series shoulder bag just last month via Coolcat shop by asking my japanese friend to help, the smallest horizontal shaped one retailing at 15225 yen. I've been looking ard for a small portable camera bag for awhile now for holding my Sony NEX-5 + wallet when I don't feel like carrying my normal bag out on weekends, seems to be a terrific solution IMO although I don't have it right now with me yet as I requested my japanese friend to consolidate and re-pack for me, since there were some Blu-rays and CD singles I was waiting to be released for this mth, so he will only ship it out together for me later this month.

Maybe will try to share some pictures once I have it with me, cheers.
Old 22-06-2011, 01:51 AM   #2934
Arch-Supremacy Member

going to buy a shoulder bag to put my stuff in when I go out. Kind of settling on the porter smoky but I dunnoe which size to go for.
Hi WhiteFox, it's been awhile thanks for your WD hdd deal awhile back, not sure if you still rem me lol. Actually shoulder bag for work selection, my recommendation would be you can consider take a look at the Device Series or Tanker Series, they do offer quite many different sizes depending on how much stuff you want to hold, and of course both series have sizes large enough to fit in a normal PC laptop I believe. (if you don't want something too big, perhaps you can just choose the Porter Device S-size bag, that retails for 17325 yen as I believe it will still be able to fit in a PC laptop/iPad, apart from other stuffs.)

The reason why I recommend Porter Device series, is because the material finishing on this series, is water-repellent so it may prove to be quite useful if you hold your PC laptop in your bag whenever you happen to encounter rainy situations while outside. You may also consider Tanker series only if water-resistant/water-repellent properties is not impt to you.

If not, you can just buy a Device Series PC case for your PC laptop/iPad, and buy whatever shoulder bag that appeals to you the most in terms of design, it's a win-win situation as well IMO. Hope this helps.

Cheers. ^ ^
Old 22-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #2935

thanks for all the valuable suggestions
kanashii23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #2936
Supremacy Member

Hi WhiteFox, it's been awhile thanks for your WD hdd deal awhile back, not sure if you still rem me lol. Actually shoulder bag for work selection, my recommendation would be you can consider take a look at the Device Series or Tanker Series, they do offer quite many different sizes depending on how much stuff you want to hold, and of course both series have sizes large enough to fit in a normal PC laptop I believe. (if you don't want something too big, perhaps you can just choose the Porter Device S-size bag, that retails for 17325 yen as I believe it will still be able to fit in a PC laptop/iPad, apart from other stuffs.)

The reason why I recommend Porter Device series, is because the material finishing on this series, is water-repellent so it may prove to be quite useful if you hold your PC laptop in your bag whenever you happen to encounter rainy situations while outside. You may also consider Tanker series only if water-resistant/water-repellent properties is not impt to you.

If not, you can just buy a Device Series PC case for your PC laptop/iPad, and buy whatever shoulder bag that appeals to you the most in terms of design, it's a win-win situation as well IMO. Hope this helps.

Cheers. ^ ^
Hi Haonan, is it the Velociraptor HDDs?

The shoulder bag primarily will be holding my phones, wallets and keys, etc. Most of the time it will be these small sized stuff. The bag being water proof would be a plus point, but not necessarily a must.

Porter got so many series, it's difficult to make a choice
WhiteFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #2937
Supremacy Member

this catches my attention

Old 22-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #2938
High Supremacy Member

Heat series isit~
Heat series has good material and design but it's more on the heavy side~
my Heat tote is about 1kg

From wat i see, Porter design quite standard 1 only material use different only~

Last edited by blazin; 22-06-2011 at 10:37 AM..
blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #2939
Supremacy Member

it's heavy?!
Old 22-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #2940
High Supremacy Member

But I love heat series material~ lolx
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.