HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

~Porter Japan Official Thread~

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #3151
Arch-Supremacy Member

going to taipei soon

is it cheaper to hoot porter int'l from taipei compared to singapore?
Definitely, because Porter International is from Taiwan.
micey84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #3152

how many porter brands are there? I saw someone with a black leather briefcase with gold zip but can't locate it on the Headporter website. Any idea?
sputnikmoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #3153
Greater Supremacy Member

Thanks will go Taipei see see rook rook
arcturuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #3154

Is there an english site for ace company? Or is there a place in singapore where i can see the bags in person?
pker88 likes this.
sputnikmoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 05:42 AM   #3155
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is there an english site for ace company? Or is there a place in singapore where i can see the bags in person?
yosihda porter no way can see in person in sg
unless u fly to HK or jp

the only porter is porter intl which is from taiwan
Old 31-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #3156
Greater Supremacy Member

If porter int'l is not related to porter and they keep copying their designs, why aren't they sued by the real porter?
arcturuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #3157
Greater Supremacy Member

Hooted a Headporter Tanker from Rakuten, shop name Futaba Bags..Use CC and paying S$270 for it inclusive of shipping. Ordered on Sun, ship out Mon, reach SG on Wed night and still lying there..Called them to kpkb already and ask them to deliver tomorrow..

Gixxerfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #3158
Arch-Supremacy Member

If porter int'l is not related to porter and they keep copying their designs, why aren't they sued by the real porter?
In fashion, it is not worth to get trademark on its products unless your trademark is worth a lot of money like LV monogram. While it is also costly to engage in court cases and establishing that one is copying your design out-rightly. Most will prefer to compete on churning out new prototypes and designs to capture the market during the shorter product life cycle.

The once fierce rivalry between the two companies has also mellowed to a strategic partnership forming the Y.P.I.

In reality, the companies will face more difficulties targeting those blatant counterfeits originating from China which have a greater impact on their business.
Haonan and arcturuz like this.
micey84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #3159

What's the different between Head porter and porter international ??
GokuSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #3160
Arch-Supremacy Member

You don't exactly need english for browsing Cool-Cat's Yoshida & Co site, all the necessary and important columns are just on the side bar and above, the site comes with those bag's real pictures and true dimension specs/sizes are also clearly listed.

What I can share though is if you just want to see the actual sizing of the Yoshida bag irl, you can just check out the local Porter Internationals ard here, usually the bag sizes are the same. For Headporter/Headporter Plus merchandise series, Surrender is one of the official stockist here locally so you can go check out their store, but probably they don't have as wide/vast a range to physically browse from, compared to the official stores in Hongkong/Japan.

What's the different between Head porter and porter international ??
Porter International is an independant Taiwanese company started back in 2001, while Headporter was established/spear-headed by Hiroshi Fujiwara back in 1998, but HP label's products still goes through actual manufacturing process under Yoshida & Co. Limited (also known as Yoshidakaban/Kurachika in JP), which is also why you see on the bags themselves it is still clearly labelled with the logo tag "Yoshida & Co/Porter".

Headporter is more commonly known as a streetwear designer label, while Yoshida & Co's own Porter/LUGGAGE Label are considered their own household/traditional brands widely known in JP/Taiwan or even Asia, they also have more flagship stores than Headporter in Japan alone. They have different bag lines/series, while Porter International label commonly just follows what Yoshida & Co's own Porter label churns out, but it's good to note as mentioned by micey84 in 1 of the prev posts, Yoshida & Co and Porter International has already since teamed up and formed a mutual partnership back in 2010, so you can't exactly say PI is a fake/sub-par brand label now, as they do share the similar/coherent designs from Yoshida & Co's own label series.

Just sharing some of the information I know that's all, but srsly all that stuff has alrdy been discussed before in the earlier pgs of this thread already, just spend some time to read up this thread if you wanna know the history of Yoshida & Co/Headporter brand labels.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #3161
Greater Supremacy Member

What is the longest slowpost took to deliver the items? My package has been "Processing at sorting centre" since Web night 2331H..

The CSO told me they are trying to locate which counter/q was the package allocated to.

Edit: They finally located my item and will delivered it later.

And yes, finally here..

Last edited by Gixxerfied; 02-06-2012 at 09:34 PM..
Gixxerfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #3162

pls advice!

hi all. can someone pls tell me will it be cheaper if i were to get porter international at hong kong? cos on the site i only see the prices in taiwan dollars but not hkg.

thanks!
dtheking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #3163

nice bags, super liked, thankss!!
Sinkukree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #3164
Master Member

inside out.

>_>
haha

I figured it out.

The convertible word should have never been there.

It ain't convertible. haha
tycosiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #3165
Master Member

Got this bag from Japan recently, old model hence took quite some time for me to look for this bag in Japan, many outlets don't have it anymore.. love the water repelling properties..

Red_Cheesepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.