HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

~Porter Japan Official Thread~

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2015, 08:44 AM   #3451
Great Supremacy Member

Are porter bags in leather worth it?
I feel its worth it since quality is there and can use for a freaking long time.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2015, 12:54 PM   #3452

Hi guys, just to check does head porter products still come with authentication card? I got a black tanker waist pouch from a shop at tokyo station, authorised head porter dealer and she said not all HP products come with card these days. Worried i bought a knock off
djsadist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2015, 02:55 PM   #3453
Great Supremacy Member

Hi guys, just to check does head porter products still come with authentication card? I got a black tanker waist pouch from a shop at tokyo station, authorised head porter dealer and she said not all HP products come with card these days. Worried i bought a knock off
So far only a small pouch of mine don't have the card. A very small pouch just small enough to fit a handphone and cigarette case. The rest all have.
Old 15-10-2015, 03:01 PM   #3454
Great Supremacy Member

Would you all get the nylon version of a Porter bag or instead go for the full leather kind?

Looking at their helmet bag to use for work. Nylon and leather difference of coming SGD300.
Old 15-10-2015, 04:49 PM   #3455

^Nylon last better in our climate. Leather will attract mold over a certain time.

Anyways, how do I buy from Porter's luggage label? I'm assuming Rakuten does international shipping but just double checking.
dj_flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2015, 05:57 PM   #3456
Great Supremacy Member

^Nylon last better in our climate. Leather will attract mold over a certain time.

Anyways, how do I buy from Porter's luggage label? I'm assuming Rakuten does international shipping but just double checking.
Through Rakuten loh.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:36 PM   #3457
Great Supremacy Member

Just checking, this instruction still works?

Heard simi Rakuten in SG close down liao.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:31 PM   #3458
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just checking, this instruction still works?

Heard simi Rakuten in SG close down liao.
Yes, Rakuten SG market officially closed down since March 1st liao, got the official email from them sometime back under my inbox.

However, most Global Rakuten/Rakuten JP merchants operating are non-related to Rakuten SG market in the first place as they are of 2 separate market entities, so no connection. I am quite sure that some of you guys are aware that Rakuten CoolCat as mentioned under the first few pgs of this thread, does not correspond to Rakuten Borderlesss International Shipping Services. However from what I am aware, if you use something like Tenso forwarding services you will still be able to purchase frm this store merchant since they don't really block out international bank-issued CC/debit cards compared to some other JP merchants.

As of current time, from my basic understanding and prior experience of shopping on Global Rakuten, the 2 store merchants that exists currently which still corresponds to Rakuten Borderless International Shipping aimed at foreigner shoppers like us are Rakuten Futaba and Rakuten Galleria. So yeah just use the remaining 2 store merchant outlets, shouldn't be an huge issue.

Did anyone of you in here managed to get some limited sales merchandise from Yoshida Porter's 80th anniversary commemoration event? Yoshida & Co this time manage to collaborate with quite a few top-name brands ard the world for some really cool 80th Anniversary limited ed merchandise releases.

Back during December last yr I managed to have someone dear to me help buy for me their 80th anniversary Porter x mastermind Japan multi wallet from Hankyu Umeda dept stores, able to function as card case/coin pouch as well. Will come in GPGT soon but you can see a glimpse of it under this page. (it's the one labelled as Multi Wallet at 12,000yen)
Old 10-04-2016, 01:38 AM   #3459
Great Supremacy Member

Thank you so much for the details.

So meaning to say I could still follow this person's instruction since his is also Rakuten Futaba right?

https://shaunwong.wordpress.com/2012...utaba-rakuten/

Yes, Rakuten SG market officially closed down since March 1st liao, got the official email from them sometime back under my inbox.

However, most Global Rakuten/Rakuten JP merchants operating are non-related to Rakuten SG market in the first place as they are of 2 separate market entities, so no connection. I am quite sure that some of you guys are aware that Rakuten CoolCat as mentioned under the first few pgs of this thread, does not correspond to Rakuten Borderlesss International Shipping Services. However from what I am aware, if you use something like Tenso forwarding services you will still be able to purchase frm this store merchant since they don't really block out international bank-issued CC/debit cards compared to some other JP merchants.

As of current time, from my basic understanding and prior experience of shopping on Global Rakuten, the 2 store merchants that exists currently which still corresponds to Rakuten Borderless International Shipping aimed at foreigner shoppers like us are Rakuten Futaba and Rakuten Galleria. So yeah just use the remaining 2 store merchant outlets, shouldn't be an huge issue.

Did anyone of you in here managed to get some limited sales merchandise from Yoshida Porter's 80th anniversary commemoration event? Yoshida & Co this time manage to collaborate with quite a few top-name brands ard the world for some really cool 80th Anniversary limited ed merchandise releases.

Back during December last yr I managed to have someone dear to me help buy for me their 80th anniversary Porter x mastermind Japan multi wallet from Hankyu Umeda dept stores, able to function as card case/coin pouch as well. Will come in GPGT soon but you can see a glimpse of it under this page. (it's the one labelled as Multi Wallet at 12,000yen)
rockdjlow likes this.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:56 AM   #3460
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thank you so much for the details.

So meaning to say I could still follow this person's instruction since his is also Rakuten Futaba right?

https://shaunwong.wordpress.com/2012...utaba-rakuten/
Hi x3dnd3x, you are def welcomed. Yes that would be correct, you may just follow the instructions as shown on that Wordpress blog to check-out and purchase yr preferred Porter goods from Rakuten Futaba store. I have used Futaba store quite a couple times in the past before successfully and paying for my items with my locally-issued bank CC, and choosing the Rakuten Internationall Shipping services under the shipping options during check-out process.

Although it has been close to 2 yrs since I have bought anything from their Rakuten store (these days I would typically request my japanese friend who resides in Osaka to help me purchase directly from one of their flagship stores if the need ever arises), I don't think the ordering process has encountered any sort of changes. Happy shopping!
Old 27-04-2016, 11:17 AM   #3461

Hi anyone interested to to get this? http://www.yoshidakaban.com/product/...e=30&p_lisort=
In woodland black. Have a lightly used one.Condition 9.5/10.
TThis is the Porter 30th anniversary Limited Edition Model Tanker 2-Way Waist Bag. Already discontinued and sold out in Japan. Pm or contact me at 93964308 if interested. Thanks!
mcforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 02:52 PM   #3462

Headporter Jungle Waist Bag

Hi Guys. I am looking for this Headporter Jungle Waist Bag (gray and blue camo). Does anyone know where to buy it? Any online shop also can. I searched the offcial website and it is out-of stock...
Epiphyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 10:13 PM   #3463

Should restock soon as long as not discontinued.
fusionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 10:41 PM   #3464

Should restock soon as long as not discontinued.
How often does headporter restock? Been monitoring them and it seems most stuff are seldom restocked.
myhairverypain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 11:37 PM   #3465
Arch-Supremacy Member

How often does headporter restock? Been monitoring them and it seems most stuff are seldom restocked.
This one really depends. According to my observation HP's Black Beauty series and Master Navy series have always been quite popular within the japanese consumer audience as well as the crowd from internationally and some of these items do get regular restocks from time to time. (these 2 HP line series typically gets alot of discussion on HK/taiwanese hypebeast forums afaik...) Because they are hand-made most of the part and as Yoshidakaban (or formally known as Kurachika Yoshida & Co) and Head Porter pretty much shares the same production line/factory source as Yoshidakaban as Hiroshi Fujiwara picked his private brand label to be an OEM partner of Yoshidakaban as stated under Wikipedia.

OTOH, I have been patiently waiting for their Savile line series, wanting to purchase the Rucksack bag since late-February, but to my dismay it hasn't yet being restocked since then for abt more than a month plus. So in the end I gave up waiting and just ordered a mastermind Japan x Yoshida Porter 80th Anniversary Daypack bag by asking my friend from Osaka to buy for me. Will try to share a pic or two together along with the multi wallet hoot I had received awhile back as shared couple posts ago once I receive my bag.
myhairverypain likes this.
Haonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.