A.C. Milan Forum - Welcome to San Siro, Home of the Rossoneri

Inzaghi009

Reaction score
I personally think many players in milan lack the spirit after the arsenal defeat last yr. You cant actually blame them. Many of them won 2 C.L in their career. Name me the players that can win it twice. not many, more form milan and manu. We dun need favali, i think anceloti is BLIND!!

Maldini is a LEGEND but he is not god. He has aged and please spared him the disgrace, subsitute to play only when we are winning.

Play Marco boriello, not sheva. Sheva nvr platy for 2yrs and come on as 1st eleven.

Lastly please wake up yr idea in always using old players. A player once good does not mean he will be good forever

Overture1928

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I personally feel that if Maldini retired when AC Milan won its last UCL, Milan would be alot better as compared to now. Their refusal to strengthen their defense is due to their belief that they still have quality defenders at the backline. But let's face it, Maldini may still be able to play as a DC but they are many defenders out there now who can outdo his current form. If Maldini did retire, Milan would definitely be shopping for defenders maybe not to start in the 11 but increase the depth. But with Maldini still holding onto a place in the squad, and even given enough faith to start, the defense is like what it is today. Old and slow. Y
es, Maldini possess class that not many players, let alone defenders has but, do we really need to live off his class ? I rather we have a secure backline. I'm sorry Maldini it's not you, but it's your age. Really.
And I think Pirlo's injury could be a blessing. This way Ancelotti will not be able to field Pirlo, Ambrosini and Flamini together. Unless he is crazy enough to do a Gattuso-Ambrosini-Flamini defensive midfield trio.
Given Seedorf, Ronaldinho and Kaka, I think the creativity is already overflowing. We don't need more ideas ! We need penetration and goals !

Inzaghi009

Reaction score
I personally feel that if Maldini retired when AC Milan won its last UCL, Milan would be alot better as compared to now. Their refusal to strengthen their defense is due to their belief that they still have quality defenders at the backline. But let's face it, Maldini may still be able to play as a DC but they are many defenders out there now who can outdo his current form. If Maldini did retire, Milan would definitely be shopping for defenders maybe not to start in the 11 but increase the depth. But with Maldini still holding onto a place in the squad, and even given enough faith to start, the defense is like what it is today. Old and slow. Y
es, Maldini possess class that not many players, let alone defenders has but, do we really need to live off his class ? I rather we have a secure backline. I'm sorry Maldini it's not you, but it's your age. Really.
And I think Pirlo's injury could be a blessing. This way Ancelotti will not be able to field Pirlo, Ambrosini and Flamini together. Unless he is crazy enough to do a Gattuso-Ambrosini-Flamini defensive midfield trio.
Given Seedorf, Ronaldinho and Kaka, I think the creativity is already overflowing. We don't need more ideas ! We need penetration and goals !

Totally agreed...

the coach is still living in his 5yrs ago era... he loves old players

Deunamist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tonight is a must win, and Rino has returned but will most probably sit on the bench.

MILAN-ZURICH: CALLED UP ROSSONERI
9/17/2008
MILANELLO - Carlo Ancelotti calls up 18 players for Milan-FC Zurich:

Goalkeepers: Dida, Kalac
Defenders: Antonini, Bonera, Darmian, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze,
Midfielders: Ambrosini, Emerson, Flamini, Gattuso
Forwards: Borriello, Kakà, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

Not called up: Maldini, Pasini, Zambrotta.
Not available: Senderos, Pirlo, Inzaghi.

---

i wonder where the heck is Abbiati. but Dida will do fine. he will be eager to prove himself.

this should be how it goes for tonight. a little weak in central defence though

--------------------Dida--------------------
---Antonini---Bonera---Favalli---Janku---
-----------Flamini----Ambrosini-----------
------------Kaka-------Seedorf------------
-------------------Pato---------------------
-----------------Borriello-------------------

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am baffled by why Senderos is not called up. Favalli is a player who should never play for us again. I may sound harsh but he doesn't offer us much in attack or defence.

For me, my ranking of leftback and centreback will be as followed...

Leftback - Jankulovski - Kaladze - Maldini - Antonini - Favalli

Centreback - Nesta - Kaladze - Bonera - Senderos - Maldini - Darmian - Favalli

I will go with this for tonite...

composition-13.php

Last edited:

Deunamist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same opinion as you there bro, but i think Senderos is still struggling with a muscle strain.

Deunamist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3-0 Borriello.

this is the Milan we've been wanting to see. Ronaldinho in for Sheva.

we are actually playing this well without Rino and Pirlo.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With Pirlo playing, we are rather one dimension. We play the ball to him, let him organise the play. Without him, we can stroke it around with more freedom.

Deunamist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yesterday Milan played a 4-1-3-2 which worked extremely well for us.

--------------------Dida--------------------------
---Antonini--Bonera--Kaladze--Jankulovski---
-------------------Flamini------------------------
-------Ambrosini---Kaka---Seedorf-------------
------------Shevchenko---Pato------------------

Goal.com ratings, which i think are crap...

Dida 5.5 – Was not really to blame for Djuric’s goal, but never looked secure as he frequently struggled to keep hold of crosses.

Antonini 6 – Was forced to defend for most of the game and couldn’t make his presence felt going forward.

Bonera 6 – Zurich rarely tested Milan’s defence, but on those few occasions where they did manage to cause problems he wasn’t caught off guard.

Kaladze 6.5 – Looked very confident, and gave a performance that will give him confidence ahead of the rest of the Serie A season. But he needs to do the same in the league.

Jankulovski 7 – Constantly involved in the team’s attacking plays, sending in plenty of crosses, and scoring the opening goal with an opportunistic strike.

Ambrosini 6 – Not that effective going forward, but worked hard and passed the ball well. (Sub: 68’ Emerson)

Flamini 6 – Saw more of the ball than usual and made himself dangerous on a few occasions with forward runs.

Seedorf 6.5 – Got involved in the team’s attacking moves frequently, a solid display as usual by the Dutch star.

Kaká 5.5 – An unusually restrained and ultimately ineffectual performance by the Golden Ball winner. Didn’t seem very motivated for this one.

Shevchenko 6.5 – Didn’t score, but hit the crossbar and provoked Milan’s first and third goals. Perhaps tonight’s performance will give him back some confidence. (Sub: 75’ Ronaldinho)

Pato 6.5 – Very active in Milan’s attacking plays and scored a fine goal to make it 2-0. (Sub: 65’ Borriello)

---
my own ratings from what i saw last night:

Dida 6 - still needs 1 or 2 more matches to regain his confidence.

Antonini 6 - did ok in his first competitive appearance for the season. a good backup player for Zambrotta, but needs to improve on crossing.

Bonera 7.5 - capable of holding his own in defence and able to carry the ball out onto the right and move forward, yet still keeping the central defence safe

Kaladze 7.5 - same as Bonera, only for the left side.

Jankulovski 8.5 - the Czech had an excellent game, pushing up and supporting the attack and supplying dangerous crosses

Ambrosini 7.5 - did well in a rare appearance on the right side of midfield. won a lot of balls in the middle.

Flamini 8 - made Pirlo's defensive midfield position his own as he sprayed passes and made runs all over the field of play without conforming the team's shape around himself. undoubtedly our best signing yet.

Seedorf 8.5 - best performance i've seen from seedorf since god knows when. showed eagerness to get up front and contribute to the flowing attacking play. should have scored the header.

Kaka 7 - showed signs of regaining his former glory, but he still needs to get more match fitness under his belt. missing for some parts of the game.

Shevchenko 7.5 - also showed glimpses of the pre-Chelsea Sheva. should have scored twice, but played his part by providing an assist for Borriello

Pato 8.5 - shoved his critics aside with a dazzling display of speed and dribbling. scored a brilliant strike from 30 yards as well

Substitutes:

Borriello 7.5 - should have started the game, and showed why as he netted his goal just 5 minutes after coming on

Emerson 5 - WTF was he brought on for. committed two fouls in quick succession in dangerous positions.

Ronaldinho 6.5 - brought on at the 3-0 lead and showed off his silky skills, including a wonderfully executed 360 degree turn

Last edited:

Deunamist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pirlo problem is serious, admit Milan

The injury to Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo is more serious than expected, a statement from the Rossoneri has announced.

Pirlo's injury, which he sustained in training three days ago, has been a big blow to under-fire tactician Carlo Ancelotti.

The Diavolo website has confirmed that Pirlo has: “a complete muscular tear of the second degree in his right thigh.”

Ancelotti had been resigned to doing without the Azzurri ace for around a month, but now it seems he will be sidelined for longer.

Milan have suggested an estimated recovery time of between 45 and 60 days, which will leave Carletto hoping for Gennaro Gattuso to regain match fitness quickly.

Gattuso is expected to start the game against Lazio on Sunday, while Seedorf or Flamini will cover the middle of the park with Kaka and Ronaldinho behind Marco Borriello.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep19p.html

that's ok. we can do without Pirlo for the moment. the most important thing is for him to recover and get back into shape.

csactect

Reaction score
ah thanks guys..i hope i can watch all the milan matches live and also I will not miss the next match with Lazio..
Forza Milan !!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.