HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

A.C. Milan Forum - Welcome to San Siro, Home of the Rossoneri

Like Tree5798Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2003, 02:13 PM   #181

Seems like Inzaghi's injury is not as bad as it first looked. Hope that he would recover soon.
newkidontheblock likes this.
hartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2003, 11:30 PM   #182
Master Member

Serie A Week 4 - 28/9/03 (15.00)
Milan 3 - 0 Lecce
Shevchenko 21, 70 (M), Tomasson 89 (M)
San Siro
--------------------------------------------------------

Andriy Shevchenko's brace swept Lecce aside and helped Milan maintain the Scudetto pace set by early front-runners Roma and Juventus.

Milan welcomed Lecce to the San Siro just days after Rivaldo's surprise decision to tear up his contract. The Brazilian was expected to feature in this game, especially as Pippo Inzaghi is out with a jaw and neck injury, but he stepped on to the field to salute all his former teammates and the fans before kick-off.

Carlo Ancelotti opted for an all-attack formation with Andrea Pirlo, Kaka', Manuel Rui Costa, Andriy Shevchenko and Jon Dahl Tomasson in the same starting eleven. Serginho and Marcos Cafu were also drafted in as full-backs.

Lecce were without star striker Javier Ernesto Chevanton as the Uruguayan is out for a fortnight with a thigh strain. Youngsters Mirko Vucinic and Axel Konan were given the nod.

Rui Costa is yet to score a single Serie A goal for Milan, but he could not have gone closer than the incident on 14 minutes. The Portuguese playmaker swept a splendid shot from the edge of the box that rattled the crossbar with Marco Amelia beaten.

There were penalty appeals when Kaka' ran into the box and appeared to be pushed off the ball, but the referee waved play on.

The pressure increased and Milan eventually broke the deadlock on 21 minutes. Rui Costa was again unlucky when his low drive hit the base of the post, but Marcos Cafu put the ball back into the centre for Shevchenko's finish.

Kaka' was again impressive and his powerful drive whistled past the post soon after.

Lecce began to fight back towards the end of the first half and Axel Konan tested Dida's reflexes. After the break Vucinic frankly should have scored, but he drilled wide from eight yards.

It remained an entertaining game and Tomasson's solo effort brought a tough save out of Amelia before Paolo Maldini looped a header over the bar.

The pressure eventually paid off to make the points safe with Shevchenko again on target. The Ukrainian dribbled past three players as he ran into the box before cutting a slide-rule finish between goalkeeper and near post.

Tomasson completed the rout in the final minute by tapping in from close range, but the credit for the goal must also go to Kaka for a delicate assist that pulled the goalkeeper away from his net.

---------------------------------------------------

Milan: Dida; Cafu (Simic 46), Nesta, Maldini, Serginho; Gattuso, Pirlo (Redondo 65), Kakà; Rui Costa (Brocchi 80); Shevchenko, Tomasson

Lecce: Amelia; Siviglia, Silvestri, Stovini; Cassetti (Billy 77), Piangerelli, Ledesma, Budel (Giacomazzi 70), Tonetto; Vucinic, Konan (Bojinov 62)

Ref: Rosetti
Old 28-09-2003, 11:33 PM   #183
Master Member

Rivaldo salutes San Siro

Rivaldo was on the field before today’s match with Lecce to salute his teammates and the Rossoneri fans.

“I came here to say goodbye to my colleagues,” revealed the now ex-Milan star. “I cannot deny that I am very close to the club and have always wanted to play for the great Milan.”

The former Barcelona man is now a free agent after agreeing to tear up his contract on Friday.

“I do regret that I wasn’t able to show this Stadium the real Rivaldo,” he added, “but now is the time to look forward and not back.”

The World Cup winner failed to impress during his 22 Serie A appearances and was further shut out of the first team by the arrival of Kaka’.

“My salute also goes to the fans, who have always supported me and even in the last few days continued to show their respect.”

It now looks increasingly likely the 31-year-old will move to the Premiership following interest from several clubs.

“I think that England is the logical destination for me because I've had so many offers from there that it would be the easiest place to go and succeed.”

The former World Player of the Year also confirmed interest from Middlesbrough and Newcastle United, but insisted he was aiming for higher ground.

“I would love to sign for Chelsea,” he added, “as it would be very easy for me to fit in quickly because there are already so many stars, some of whom I know directly and this would literally, guarantee success.”

However, as the reason he left Milan was in order to play more first team football, the star-studded Stamford Bridge outfit would not solve that problem.

------------------------------------------------------

if possible, think he should go back to spain. there suits him most.

hope to see the best of rivaldo again soon.

all the best :bounce:
Old 29-09-2003, 03:38 PM   #184
Arch-Supremacy Member

A great goal by Sheva... At least this was a good game for Milan......
Zacxaviqer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2003, 09:18 PM   #185

Yeah,manage to pass three players, before finally shoot. A great goal. Too bad for Rui Costa did not manage to score yesterday.
Old 30-09-2003, 09:50 AM   #186
Arch-Supremacy Member

He need 3 touches to get pass 3 players... Great stuff..
Old 02-10-2003, 04:49 PM   #187
Great Supremacy Member

Look at the 2nd goal scored by Sheva against Leece :rolleyes:

Sheva's 2nd goal against Leece
dreamer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 05:06 PM   #188
Master Member

Thumbs up

Originally posted by dreamer75
Look at the 2nd goal scored by Sheva against Leece :rolleyes:

Sheva's 2nd goal against Leece
Old 03-10-2003, 12:12 PM   #189
Arch-Supremacy Member

He seems to be on top of his form right now... I wouldn't be surprise if he score more goal similar to that....
Old 03-10-2003, 11:57 PM   #190

This week big match, Inter vs Milan. Hope that Milan will win, with Shevchenko score some spectacular goals
Old 21-10-2003, 02:19 PM   #191
Master Member

The best and the rest.....

The best…
Gennaro Gattuso (Milan)
Chelsea’s Claude Makelele is a dwarf compared to today’s Gennaro Gattuso. Even Edgar Davids hasn’t got the spark which the Milan man has. Gattuso retrieves balls in every corner of the pitch and has made incredible progress in recent seasons. He deserves the appreciation that the Rossoneri fans illustrate every time he touches the ball.

Gianluca Zambrotta (Juventus)
He’s the best left-back in circulation. An immense athlete, Zambrotta is also catching the eye for his tactical sense of positioning. It is as if he’s been a defender for all of his life. Last year we criticised Marcello Lippi for ‘robbing’ Italian football of a winger but the tactician seems to have been proved right.

Daniele De Rossi (Roma)
His piece of skill, just before he crossed the ball for Walter Samuel to open the scoring against Parma, was a joy to watch. He controlled the ball as if he was Diego Maradona, he moved away from the defender as if he was Thierry Henry. This boy will go a long way, even if talk of a call-up for Euro 2004 may be too premature. He’s now a first team regular with Roma in Serie A at the age of 20. That says everything.

The rest…
Fabio Cannavaro (Inter)
Inter decided to keep him in the summer instead of buying Cristian Chivu from Ajax. But we are still waiting to see the very best from the Italian defender. He was beaten far too easily by Andrea Caracciolo, who is no Ruud Van Nistelrooy, at Brescia on Saturday.

Dejan Stankovic (Lazio)
He’s undoubtedly one of the best midfielders in circulation but he is not making the difference for his team this season. A player of his ability should really be more instrumental than he was against Milan on Sunday.

Francesco Toldo (Inter)
Everyone makes mistakes but Francesco Toldo has made a few in recent weeks. He doesn’t seem secure between the sticks anymore and he was at fault for gifting Roberto Baggio the opener in the 2-2 draw at Brescia. A player of his quality and experience should really know better.

Source : Channel 4
Old 21-10-2003, 06:59 PM   #192

Puglisi, the strange coincidences of the Devil's linesman

Puglisi should have been suspended 2 months for calling Parma's player Appiah "nigger". An incident which prevented him from representing Italy in the 2002 World Cup, instead of him went and triumphed his friend and colleague Collina. Puglisi had his luggage ready but was stopped on his tracks even though he was cleared at the preliminary stage at the disciplinary hearing;it was the Federal procurator which condemned him.

During this championship(2002/2003) Puglisi was linesman in 4 games - against Modena, Atalanta, Inter and Roma - and Milan won all 4 of them. The striking fact is that the great Puglisi was never designated for a Juventus game! How come that the two designators, Bergamo and Pairetto(there are no draws for the linesmen) never ever designated him for Lippi's team? Also, the linesman is an owner of an agency in his home town called Puglisi Assicurazioni Ras. Is it not a coincidence that Ras is one of Milan's sponsors? Ad it is also pure coincidence that the player which accused him of caling Appiah "nigger *******" was Sartor, then of Parma, now romanista?

Another coincidence, in february 2000 after a turbulent Milan-Lazio at San Siro all kinds of things were happening in the dressing room between Mancini and Galliani. But the fourth official saw nothing and the milan vicepresident escaped punishment. No need to say who was that official. And how is itpossible to omit another coincidence on 9th of May that same year during a Milan - Roma game: a ridiculous penalty given to milan by Trentalange and a goal scored by Schevchenko, Roma out of the CL and a furious argument that Capello had with a linesman. "I accept everything but not insults hurled at me. From nobody. I protested, it was my first protest, at a decision by Trentalange after the goal from Zago and this gentleman, who is not new to such things yelled at me:I'll banish you to the locker room.I don't accept that." told Capello during the post match conference. It was naturally only a coincidence that the linesman was mr. Puglisi from Voghera. Or was it?

source : Lazioworld
rekooB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2003, 07:13 PM   #193
Banned

Originally posted by demouse
The best and the rest.....

The best…
Gennaro Gattuso (Milan)
Chelsea’s Claude Makelele is a dwarf compared to today’s Gennaro Gattuso. Even Edgar Davids hasn’t got the spark which the Milan man has. Gattuso retrieves balls in every corner of the pitch and has made incredible progress in recent seasons. He deserves the appreciation that the Rossoneri fans illustrate every time he touches the ball.

Gianluca Zambrotta (Juventus)
He’s the best left-back in circulation. An immense athlete, Zambrotta is also catching the eye for his tactical sense of positioning. It is as if he’s been a defender for all of his life. Last year we criticised Marcello Lippi for ‘robbing’ Italian football of a winger but the tactician seems to have been proved right.

Daniele De Rossi (Roma)
His piece of skill, just before he crossed the ball for Walter Samuel to open the scoring against Parma, was a joy to watch. He controlled the ball as if he was Diego Maradona, he moved away from the defender as if he was Thierry Henry. This boy will go a long way, even if talk of a call-up for Euro 2004 may be too premature. He’s now a first team regular with Roma in Serie A at the age of 20. That says everything.

The rest…
Fabio Cannavaro (Inter)
Inter decided to keep him in the summer instead of buying Cristian Chivu from Ajax. But we are still waiting to see the very best from the Italian defender. He was beaten far too easily by Andrea Caracciolo, who is no Ruud Van Nistelrooy, at Brescia on Saturday.

Dejan Stankovic (Lazio)
He’s undoubtedly one of the best midfielders in circulation but he is not making the difference for his team this season. A player of his ability should really be more instrumental than he was against Milan on Sunday.

Francesco Toldo (Inter)
Everyone makes mistakes but Francesco Toldo has made a few in recent weeks. He doesn’t seem secure between the sticks anymore and he was at fault for gifting Roberto Baggio the opener in the 2-2 draw at Brescia. A player of his quality and experience should really know better.

Source : Channel 4
channel4 cock up cannavaro never played :laugh:
intermilansg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2003, 07:13 PM   #194
Banned

Originally posted by rekooB
Puglisi, the strange coincidences of the Devil's linesman

Puglisi should have been suspended 2 months for calling Parma's player Appiah "nigger". An incident which prevented him from representing Italy in the 2002 World Cup, instead of him went and triumphed his friend and colleague Collina. Puglisi had his luggage ready but was stopped on his tracks even though he was cleared at the preliminary stage at the disciplinary hearing;it was the Federal procurator which condemned him.

During this championship(2002/2003) Puglisi was linesman in 4 games - against Modena, Atalanta, Inter and Roma - and Milan won all 4 of them. The striking fact is that the great Puglisi was never designated for a Juventus game! How come that the two designators, Bergamo and Pairetto(there are no draws for the linesmen) never ever designated him for Lippi's team? Also, the linesman is an owner of an agency in his home town called Puglisi Assicurazioni Ras. Is it not a coincidence that Ras is one of Milan's sponsors? Ad it is also pure coincidence that the player which accused him of caling Appiah "nigger *******" was Sartor, then of Parma, now romanista?

Another coincidence, in february 2000 after a turbulent Milan-Lazio at San Siro all kinds of things were happening in the dressing room between Mancini and Galliani. But the fourth official saw nothing and the milan vicepresident escaped punishment. No need to say who was that official. And how is itpossible to omit another coincidence on 9th of May that same year during a Milan - Roma game: a ridiculous penalty given to milan by Trentalange and a goal scored by Schevchenko, Roma out of the CL and a furious argument that Capello had with a linesman. "I accept everything but not insults hurled at me. From nobody. I protested, it was my first protest, at a decision by Trentalange after the goal from Zago and this gentleman, who is not new to such things yelled at me:I'll banish you to the locker room.I don't accept that." told Capello during the post match conference. It was naturally only a coincidence that the linesman was mr. Puglisi from Voghera. Or was it?

source : Lazioworld
conspiracy theories
intermilansg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2003, 11:07 PM   #195
Master Member

Originally posted by intermilansg

channel4 cock up cannavaro never played :laugh:
ya hor :laugh:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.