HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

A.C. Milan Forum - Welcome to San Siro, Home of the Rossoneri

Like Tree5798Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2003, 08:13 PM   #46

Still rumour, but a very strong one.... hope he will join though, and learn from Rui and Riva
hartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 09:38 PM   #47
Master Member

Cafu move made official

Championsí League winners Milan have confirmed that they have completed the signing of Marcos Cafu.

The Italian giants made the move official on Monday morning stating that Cafu had agreed a two-year deal which will expire on 30 June 2005.

The Brazilian international arrives at the San Siro on a Bosman free transfer after his contract with Roma expired.

The Giallorossi did offer the wing-back a new salary reduced deal but that was rejected by the 33-year-old.

Cafu has been linked with a move to Milan for months even if that was put into doubt after he signed a pre-contract with Yokohama Marinos.

However, the J-League side tore up that agreement on Friday at the request of the player which allowed the Italian side to conclude talks.

He already underwent a medical with Milan last week, just hours before he flew back to his homeland for his summer break.
demouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 09:41 PM   #48
Master Member

Milan confirm Beckham interest

Italian giants Milan have confirmed that they want to sign Manchester United ace David Beckham.

The midfielder has been linked with the Championsí League winners for some time and an Italian bid could be imminent.

"Beckham is our primary target," Galliani told ĎThe Suní newspaper. "We are pursuing our objective and we will do everything in our power to get him."

The England captain has been at the centre of transfer speculation for the last few months.

Spanish giants Real Madrid were the first serious link as stories gathered pace that they would be launching a summer bid.

Then Barcelona were associated with a £30m offer which led to United admitting that they had "received serious interest from a number of top Spanish and Italian clubs."

Galliani did initially claim that Beckhamís personal sponsorship deals would make his arrival at the San Siro unlikely.

But he also stated last year that the club would not be making a move for Alessandro Nesta just weeks before they signed the Lazio ace.

Should Milan miss out on Beckham then his proposed move to Real Madrid could still favour the Rossoneri.

His possible switch to the Stadio Bernabeu would raise question marks on the future of Luis Figo who is also liked by Milan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

wat a nightmare!!! i hope this is not true, pls pls pls AC Milan dun downgrade yourself
Old 10-06-2003, 06:27 AM   #49
Master Member

Milan switch delights Cafu

Brazilian World Cup captain Marcos Cafu has spoken for the first time after sealing a move to Milan.

"Iím delighted to be playing for the Rossoneri because this is a great club," he told the Milan website.

"I feel privileged that this outfit has chosen me and I hope to honour this shirt in every opportunity that I am given."

The Italian giants today confirmed that they had signed the 33-year-old after his contract with Roma expired.

"I canít wait to play my first game at the San Siro," he continued. "Iím already concentrating on the new campaign in which I am looking to win as much as possible."

Cafu becomes the latest Brazilian to join the ranks as Dida, Roque Junior and Rivaldo are already at the club.

"It should be a good atmosphere for us," he added. "I know them all well and they are great players.

"We Brazilians are always happy when we have the chance to spend time with each other.

"I also expect Rivaldo to make a real impact next year. It is only normal that it takes time for someone to get used to a new environment.

"Yet he now knows how the Italian game works and he will be a real protagonist in the new season."
Old 10-06-2003, 06:29 AM   #50
Master Member

Berlusconi bins Becks talk

Milan chief Silvio Berlusconi has ruled out the possibility of a multi-million pound swoop for David Beckham.

Rossoneri Vice-president Adriano Galliani was quoted as saying that Beckham was Milanís "primary objective" this summer but Berlusconi has distanced his club from a £30m move.

"There are a lot better ways to spend money, which was earned thanks to many sacrifices, than to get Mr Beckham," said the Italian Prime Minister.

The Manchester United ace looks set to leave Old Trafford over the next few months as links with Real Madrid, Barcelona and Italy continue.

Some reports in the peninsula on Monday suggested that the Rossoneri would offer the Premiership champions Andriy Shevchenko in return for the England captain.

"Shevchenko is not for sale," insisted Galliani. "I canít understand the motives behind why such a false story would be published.

"Shevchenko has never been and will never be involved in any transfer negotiations involving Milan. He is untouchable."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

what a relief
Old 10-06-2003, 11:44 AM   #51
Arch-Supremacy Member

There are rumors abt Totti to Milan as well...
I dun understand Milan wanted to sign a 32 going to be 33 yr old right back... At most, he'll last for 2 yrs and after that, We'll have to look for a new rb to replace him... Now, We are pending money on his wages for the next 2 yrs and when he retire, We have to look for another RB in the market and that will cost Milan another sum of money... They might as well look for a young RB now rather than to change the RB after just 2 yrs...
Zacxaviqer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 02:08 PM   #52
Master Member

Originally posted by Zacxaviqer
I dun understand Milan wanted to sign a 32 going to be 33 yr old right back... At most, he'll last for 2 yrs and after that, We'll have to look for a new rb to replace him... Now, We are pending money on his wages for the next 2 yrs and when he retire, We have to look for another RB in the market and that will cost Milan another sum of money... They might as well look for a young RB now rather than to change the RB after just 2 yrs...
i dun really want Tottil to join AC Milan. Imagine 1st Nesta and now Totti, it's too much for Rome fans (both Roma & Lazio) to take it.

One should go is Sensi. He always claim he love Roma but he actually ruined Roma.
Old 10-06-2003, 10:19 PM   #53

Originally posted by Zacxaviqer
They just want an easy fix. Cafu is proven in Serie A and he cost Milan nothing. Based on last year transfer, Milan will try to target player with proven quality, and free/cheap. They might only want to spend on one star player, just like what they did to Nesta last year.
hartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2003, 07:23 PM   #54

Rivaldo + Kaladze sacrificed for Beckham

Haven't been in HWZ for some time. Wow... finally, there's a milan thread.

Anyway, got this piece of news from the website of Football Italia. It's a good source to keep up with the latest news in Serie A. Dunno how true this is, but I certainly hope it won't come true.

In my opinion, Kaladze is the defensive version of Shevchenko! Rivaldo wasn't given the chance to prove his worth just after a season.

Please, who the heck is Beckham??? Is he worth Milan sacrificing this much??? He's only fantastic with the crosses and freekicks. Take away these 2 attributes (plus his looks), he's a nobody!

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/jun15a.html
sevenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2003, 10:04 PM   #55
Master Member

Re: Rivaldo + Kaladze sacrificed for Beckham

Originally posted by sevenX
Haven't been in HWZ for some time. Wow... finally, there's a milan thread.

Anyway, got this piece of news from the website of Football Italia. It's a good source to keep up with the latest news in Serie A. Dunno how true this is, but I certainly hope it won't come true.

In my opinion, Kaladze is the defensive version of Shevchenko! Rivaldo wasn't given the chance to prove his worth just after a season.

Please, who the heck is Beckham??? Is he worth Milan sacrificing this much??? He's only fantastic with the crosses and freekicks. Take away these 2 attributes (plus his looks), he's a nobody!

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/jun15a.html
exactly. for goodness i pray everyday that junk dun come to italy. please dun cheapen Serie A
Old 16-06-2003, 11:26 PM   #56

Re: Re: Rivaldo + Kaladze sacrificed for Beckham

Originally posted by demouse

exactly. for goodness i pray everyday that junk dun come to italy. please dun cheapen Serie A
my feeling exactly.......
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2003, 09:27 AM   #57
Master Member

Shev shoots for Lo Scudetto

Andriy Shevchenko believes Milan will be title contenders despite their lack of signings this summer.

The Rossoneri have been criticised for their shortage of investment but the striker insists that new faces are not needed.

"I?fm not concerned by what people are saying about our transfer campaign," he stated.

"This is a solid group of players who have won some important trophies. We want to continue that trend."

The Italian giants have only really brought in Marcos Cafu after keeping faith with the squad that won the Champions?f League and the Coppa Italia last term.

"There are players here that still have plenty to give like Fernando Redondo," continued the forward. "He can improve as have Andrea Pirlo and Kakha Kaladze recently."

Shev has been touted as a possible contender for the 2003 Golden Ball but that doesn?ft seem to be on his mind.

"I?fm not thinking about it, the European Footballer of the Year award is not an objective of mine," he insisted.

"If I had a choice of what I wanted to win this season then it would be Lo Scudetto. But to do that we will have to forget about our success of last term."
Old 24-07-2003, 09:31 AM   #58
Master Member

Milan end summer spending

Milan director general Ariedo Braida maintains that the club?fs transfer activity has now ended for the summer.

The Rossoneri transfer chief claims that the signing of Lazio?fs Giuseppe Pancaro has brought an end to the club?fs buying and selling campaign.

"With his arrival and the departure of Demetrio Albertini, we can consider the market closed for us," he said. "Don?ft expect any surprises between now and deadline day."

Pancaro arrived at Milanello last night in a swap deal that sees Albertini move in the other direction.

"Milan were the only side that could tempt me to leave Rome," the defender stated. "It is an honour to wear this shirt.

"I spent six wonderful seasons with Lazio but I didn?ft have to think twice about signing for Milan."

There were claims that Milan would use the Pancaro talks to make a new bid for Jaap Stam (pictured). But Braida insists the Dutchman won?ft be joining his outfit.

"While finalising the swap deal with Lazio we didn?ft touch on the Stam situation at all," concluded the official.
Old 24-07-2003, 01:26 PM   #59
Master Member

Some live matches for AC Milan fans

26 Jul (Sat) : AC Milan vx Celtics 8am @ Ch5 LIVE

27 Jul (Sun) : Man U VS Club America 10am @ Ch5 LIVE

28 Jul (Mon) : Juve vs Barca 6am @ Ch5 LIVE

31 Jul (Thu) : Barca vs AC Milan 8am @ Ch5 LIVE

01 Aug (Fri) : Juve vs Man U 8am @ Ch5 LIVE

04 AUg (Mon) : Man U vs Barca 8am @ Ch5 LIVE
Old 24-07-2003, 02:11 PM   #60
Arch-Supremacy Member

i was looking for this thread last night and couldn't find it and started a new one. as i was saying in the other thread we have another big transfer on the way. look out for this big present in august.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.