www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Football and Sports Arena (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/football-sports-arena-20/)
-   -   Juventus FC Forum (Stadio Delle Alpi) (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/football-sports-arena-20/juventus-fc-forum-stadio-delle-alpi-484427.html)

ZhuGeLiang 14-02-2004 03:12 PM

A big morale boost after the victory against inter. Juve to win 2-1

One good news, Montero not playing due to suspension :cool:

dreamer75 15-02-2004 12:01 AM

Juventus, Rangers target Saviola closer to Barcelona exit

February 14, 2004

Juventus and Rangers are among clubs monitoring Javier Saviola's situation at Barcelona.

The Argentine's future at the Nou Camp is on shaky ground after it emerged that he is still to organise his qualification for a European passport.

Saviola's bid for a Spanish passport has been rejected, but there remains a possibility he could qualify for Italian papers.

However, AS says the striker's representatives are reluctant to push it through as they're disappointed at the lack of support Barca's board have shown the youngster in recent months.

It's reported that Barca would rather sell Saviola in the summer than see the striker gain his EU passport, as that would trigger a clause in his contract earning him a massive 650,000 bonus.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/februa...ews140204.html

dreamer75 15-02-2004 12:02 AM

AC Milan outbids Juventus for Bonera

February 14, 2004

AC Milan have outbid Juventus for Parma fullback Daniele Bonera.

The youngster is a target for both clubs, though Milan's 3.5 million offer is far greater than what Juve have so far brought to the table.

Despite their massive cash problems, Parma are willing to wait as they are convinced Premiership and La Liga clubs will also join the auction as the summer transfer window draws closer.

dreamer75 15-02-2004 12:03 AM

Monaco's Squillaci: I know Juventus are following me

February 14, 2004

AS Monaco defender Sebastien Squillaci has confirmed he knows Juventus are chasing him.

The young fullback was watched this week by Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi and said, "I knew they (the Juve delegation) were here, but I did not meet them.

"I know that Juve have followed me for a long time and of course I am flattered. It's a great satisfaction, though nothing will be decided until the end of the season.

"But of course it would be great to play in Italy."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/februa...ws2140204.html

hwmook 15-02-2004 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by demouse

i still prefer aimar :D

same same. but aimar must come to milan. give u VDV. :D

hwmook 15-02-2004 02:04 AM

Re: AC Milan outbids Juventus for Bonera

Quote:

Originally posted by dreamer75
February 14, 2004

AC Milan have outbid Juventus for Parma fullback Daniele Bonera.

The youngster is a target for both clubs, though Milan's 3.5 million offer is far greater than what Juve have so far brought to the table.

Despite their massive cash problems, Parma are willing to wait as they are convinced Premiership and La Liga clubs will also join the auction as the summer transfer window draws closer.

i feel bonera is overated. i rather have trebelsi ferarri.

dreamer75 15-02-2004 10:02 PM

Re: Re: AC Milan outbids Juventus for Bonera

Quote:

Originally posted by hwmook

i feel bonera is overated. i rather have trebelsi ferarri.

dreamer75 15-02-2004 10:03 PM

Del Piero proud of Juve performance

Juve?s Coppa Italia victory over Inter may have been tainted by controversy, but Alessandro Del Piero maintains it was proof of their character.

?It was a difficult Nerazzurri side to encounter,? he noted on his official website, ?but in the end we had that little bit extra to reach an important objective.?

?We knew that it was a very important match and that we needed character, pride and clinical finishing.?

The Bianconeri drew 4-4 on aggregate and eventually won a penalty shoot-out to set up a Coppa Final date with Lazio.

That 2-2 draw at the San Siro saw Del Piero make his comeback after missing out on the 4-0 defeat to Roma with a slight muscular problem. The captain pushed critics aside by scoring a decisive goal and performing an extra time goalline clearance.

?It always pays to keep a cool head in difficult situations,? continued the Italian international.

?Despite conceding an early goal from Adriano, we reacted immediately and dominated the play.?

?This was a test for Juventus and I have to say we passed it with flying colours in terms of our approach and concentration. Now we must think of our Serie A match with Reggina and the Champions? League.?

Juventus are under fire for the refereeing decisions that played a large part in their Coppa Italia triumph, but that is not the only controversy surrounding the club.

Director General Luciano Moggi has been charged by the Disciplinary Commission for telling the press that he had signed a pre-contract agreement with Dejan Stankovic before Christmas.

The claims held up the Lazio man?s planned move to Inter until the final day of the January transfer window amid fears of a suspension.

An inquiry was opened into the affair and it has now emerged that Stankovic did not sign official paperwork with the Bianconeri.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/feb14b.html

dreamer75 15-02-2004 10:05 PM

Juve-Milan set for late kick-off

The big Scudetto showdowns Roma-Inter and Juventus-Milan will be Sunday evening kick-offs.

The League today confirmed the dates and times for the Week 24 and 25 fixtures in Serie A.

If Roma are to aim for the Scudetto, then they must beat fourth placed Inter at the Stadio Olimpico on March 7.

The Bianconeri have the opportunity to shoot straight back into the title chase when they welcome the runaway leaders to the Stadio Delle Alpi on March 14.

Week 24

Sat March 6

Modena-Parma (18.00 local time)

Brescia-Juventus (20.30)

Sun March 7

Roma-Inter (20.30)

Week 25

Sat March 13

Sampdoria-Bologna (18.00)

Empoli-Lecce (20.30)

Sun March 14

Juventus-Milan (20.30)

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/feb14g.html

dreamer75 15-02-2004 10:08 PM

Juve unveil transfer strategy

aiyah...sad to hear dat we might be selling big.. :(

For the first time in seven years Juventus have failed to make a profit, but they continue to accuse other clubs of failing to play by the rules.

?The competitions are not legal,? insisted administrator Antonio Giraudo. ?Some clubs are not sticking by the rules and those who cannot afford to pay their players should not be allowed to compete.?

The statement is clearly aimed at second placed Roma ? who have only recently paid wages up to and including June 2003 ? and Lazio.

However, for the first time in seven years the Turin giants have failed to make a profit at the end of the financial year.

?After all this time we can afford a slight slip,? insisted Giraudo in an interview with ?La Stampa? newspaper.

?We have always been competitive and will continue to be at the top of Italian football. In any case, we plan to cut costs by a further 10 per cent next year.?

It has been suggested that this financial hiccup could push Juve to sell ageing top stars such as Pavel Nedved.

?I predict few major moves,? added the director, ?and a lot of swop deals in the current climate.?

?Juventus must remember that it has an extraordinary youth system at its disposal and the club must make the most of that.?

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/feb14i.html

dreamer75 15-02-2004 10:09 PM

Lippi: Juve will never give in

Marcello Lippi insists that Juventus can still aim for all three trophies and dismissed Inter?s Coppa complaints.

?After the collapse at Roma,? he noted of their 4-0 defeat, ?we all sat down and discussed why there were so many peaks and troughs in our performance. I can guarantee that this won?t happen again.?

The Bianconeri got back on track in controversial fashion with an explosive Coppa Italia semi-final win over Inter.

?We are entirely accustomed to controversy in the press about us,? he smiled. ?It goes in one ear and out the other.?

Emilio Pellegrino?s refereeing was not the only headline grabber this week, as Lippi also lambasted Francesco Totti for teasing his players during the 4-0 victory.

?I have said what I wanted to say,? he added. ?Juventus answer their critics on the field of play and we proved that this side is still alive and kicking.?

The reigning Italian Champions are now the only team still in the running for the Scudetto, Champions? League and Coppa Italia.

?We know that we are strong and very competitive. I can assure you that Juventus have no intention of giving in on any objective.?

The Serie A title is perhaps beyond them now that Juve are eight points adrift of Milan, but Lippi?s men will be expected to beat Reggina this evening.

?Giancarlo Camolese will be particularly fired up as he has a good record against us from his Torino days,? warned the Coach. ?Nonetheless, we hope to cut that trend short.?

The Bianconeri will be without the injured David Trezeguet, Mauro German Camoranesi, Igor Tudor, Alessandro Birindelli and suspended Paolo Montero.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/feb15a.html

dreamer75 15-02-2004 10:12 PM

Juventus chief Giraudo plays down crisis talk

February 15, 2004

Juventus chief Antonio Giraudo has played down talk of a crisis after Marcello Lippi's team recent poor domestic run.

General manager Luciano Moggi declared last week that he was actively seeking to "upgrade" the squad for next season and Giraudo also said yesterday: "The club is solid, the club will always be competitive.

"At the moment we are more than ever reliable on our experienced players, but we want to strengthen our younger division.

"The drop in finances from the Champions League has had an affect, but we hope to readjust the accounts through television contracts, the advantage we have from Juve World and the new stadium - which will come from the proceeds of the Champions League."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/februa...ws2150204.html

dreamer75 16-02-2004 11:26 AM

Serie A Week 21 - 15/2/04 (20.30)

Juventus 1 - 0 Reggina

Maresca 50 (J)
Stadio Delle Alpi

Juventus cut the gap from the leaders to just six points after Enzo Maresca sealed a tight win over Reggina.

Juve needed a show of force after their 4-0 humiliation at the hands of Roma, while there was a great deal of controversy surrounding their Coppa Italia semi-final win against Inter midweek.

David Trezeguet and Mauro German Camoranesi are out injured, while Paolo Montero is suspended. Marco Di Vaio stepped in to partner Alessandro Del Piero, who missed the Roma game with a minor thigh problem.

Reggina also had problems, as David Di Michele is sidelined with Shunsuke Nakamura away on international duty in Japan. Former Napoli man Roberto Stellone partnered Emiliano Bonazzoli for the visiting team. It was a special moment for ex-Torino Coach Giancarlo Camolese, who had never previously lost to Marcello Lippi's side.

The first scoring opportunity was created by Reggina after two minutes when Gianluigi Buffon scrambled a save on Francesco Cozza's fierce free kick.

Juve hit back with Nicola Legrottaglie nodding a corner kick over the bar from eight yards.

The Bianconeri thought they had opened the scoring when Enzo Maresca skipped past two defenders and only had the goalkeeper to beat, but the former Piacenza man incredibly fired wide of the near post.

Del Piero's intelligent flick found Di Vaio in the area, but the attentive Reggina defence managed to close him down before he could squeeze in a shot.

The captain went for goal himself on 35 minutes with a fierce drive that skimmed the near post.

But Reggina had the best chance of the first half when Roberto Stellone took the ball off Lilian Thuram and passed across for the unmarked Cozza, but Buffon stood his ground and performed a stunning reaction block to prevent the Amaranto captain scoring.

Moments later there was another controversial incident, as Del Piero's diving header on a Nedved shot hit the back of the net. The referee disallowed it and booked the Italian international for a handling offence, but replays left an element of doubt as to how much contact - if any - his hand made with the ball.

Juve finally broke the deadlock on 50 minutes, but it was a very scrappy goal indeed. Emanuele Belardi bravely came out to smother Di Vaio's shot, but the ball rolled out to Maresca and his effort went in off the upright.

That boosted their confidence and Belardi did well to fingertip a curling Del Piero free kick over the bar, then blocked Legrottaglie's effort from the resulting corner.

However, those defensive problems reared their ugly heads once again when Thuram and Legrottaglie both left the ball and Buffon threw himself at Cozza's feet to prevent an equaliser.

Substitute Fabrizio Miccoli's angled drive tested Belardi at the near post, but Buffon was shaken by a Cozza volley from the edge of the box.

Del Piero had another attempt with his head on a splendid floated Pavel Nedved pass, but this time it just clipped the crossbar.

The captain was desperate for a goal and in stoppage time his splendid strike was fingertipped on to the crossbar by Belardi.

Juventus: Buffon; Pessotto (Ferrara 78), Thuram, Legrottaglie, Zambrotta; Conte, Tacchinardi, Maresca (Appiah 56), Nedved; Del Piero, Di Vaio (Miccoli 61)

Reggina: Belardi; Franceschini, Torrisi, Sottil; Comotto, Mesto, Tedesco, Falsini; Cozza; Stellone (Dall'Acqua 79), Bonazzoli

Ref: Bertini

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...4/juv-reg.html

dreamer75 16-02-2004 11:33 AM

Milan 21 52
Roma 21 47
Juventus 21 46

demouse 16-02-2004 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dreamer75
Milan 21 52
Roma 21 47
Juventus 21 46