Juventus FC Forum (Stadio Delle Alpi)

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2004-2005 home jersey

12.jpg

Would be nicer if the logo is displayed at the side.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Baggio inspired Miccoli goal

Fabrizio Miccoli insists that his first international goal, scored against Portugal last night, was no fluke.

The Juventus star netted directly from a corner kick to give the Azzurri a very respectable 2-1 win at Braga.

"I was looking to score," he maintains. "I learnt it from Roberto Baggio who once scored past Lecce like that a few years ago.

"I?m absolutely delighted to have got on the scoresheet and I?m finding it hard to describe exactly what I am feeling."

Miccoli, who impressed after coming on as a second half substitute, also used the strike to hit back at his critics.

"I dedicate this goal to my daughter but also to those people who have been writing that I will leave Juventus this summer," he added.

The other Italian scorer was Christian Vieri, who has now joined his close friend Pippo Inzaghi on 21 goals for his country.

"I?m expecting a call from him soon," smiled Bobo. "It was an important goal because it came at a crucial time.

"Overall the victory will do us good because it will put us in a good frame of mind at Euro 2004."

One of the biggest disappointments of the evening was the display of Francesco Totti who didn?t impress like he usually does.

"I?m more interested in the performance of the side rather than mine," he added. "It has been a good day for me though because Roma are safe from their debts."

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tacchinardi nets new deal

:cool:

Alessio Tacchinardi has become the latest Juventus player to sign a new contract at the Delle Alpi.

The midfielder put pen to paper on a deal this morning that will keep him with the club until 2008.

"I would stay here until the age of 50 in an effort to win the Champions? League again," he stated. "That is my primary objective and the desire of the fans for this club."

The international, now 28, has been in Turin since his 1994 move from Atalanta and has proved to be a loyal servant.

Tacchinardi, whose deal was set to expire in 2005, follows in the footsteps of Gianluca Zambrotta who renewed his deal last week.

The club are also in negotiations with a number of other players whose contracts are nearing their end.

Enzo Maresca held initial talks this week and an agreement is set to be reached soon. He should sign after Easter.

Marco Di Vaio also revealed recently that he could extend his stay despite his current deal still having three years left to run.

There is also the David Trezeguet situation to be resolved. His agreement concludes next year which has led to reports that he could be sold to Barcelona.

Yet transfer guru Luciano Moggi has again insisted today that the Frenchman will remain where he is. "He wants to stay and we have great faith in him here," said the official.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thuram unhappy with form

Lilian Thuram has conceded that he has contributed to Juventus? poor defensive displays this term.

The Bianconeri rearguard has been heavily criticised and the Frenchman has taken some of the responsibility.

"I?m not having a good season," the stopper told L?Equipe. "In fact, it is probably my worst as a professional.

"I know that I am not doing what I can on the pitch. I?m just not in the physical shape that I should be."

Thuram did pick up an ankle injury just before Christmas and his performances have been rather erratic since.

That has led to claims that the 32-year-old could be sold in the summer but he says he will see out his contract in Turin.

"I still have two more years left on my deal," he added. "If I feel fine physically after that time then I will play on.

"I?m not afraid to hit the 35-year-old barrier. If I am training well and I don?t have any fitness problems then I would like to continue playing."

Thuram, who added that he wants to play as a centre back in the future, had previously stated that he was to retire from the game in 2006.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Barcelona concerns over Juventus star Trez

April 2, 2004

Juventus striker David Trezeguet's proposed move to Barcelona could stall over a long-standing back complaint.

The French international wants to go under the knife after the European Championships, which is also the time when Barca want to conclude negotiations over his transfer.

Trezeguet's wish is to sign for Barca before Euro2004 and then have his back operation while settling in at the Nou Camp. But Barca are unhappy with this option and would prefer to sign Trezeguet when he is 100 per cent fit.

The Spanish giants are prepared to offer Juve £15 million cash, plus a player rated at £10 million from a choice of Gabri, Thiago Motta and Patrick Kluivert.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Juventus chief won't give up Vieri chase

put Di Vaio in part exchange..NO WAY!!

April 2, 2004

Juventus sports director Luciano Moggi is refusing to give up on prising Christian Vieri away from Inter Milan.

Moggi knows Vieri is unsettled at Inter, having been targeted by the club's boo-boys this season and also not enjoying a good relationship with both coach Alberto Zaccheroni and director Massimo Moratti.

A former Juve star, Vieri is believed to be interested in a return to Turin and Moggi has been in contact with Inter again this week about a possible end-of-season transfer.

It's been suggested Moratti would be happy to see a deal go through if Moggi included striker Marco Di Vaio in a swap agreement.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/april/italnews3020404.html

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Re: Juventus chief won't give up Vieri chase

dreamer75 said:
put Di Vaio in part exchange..NO WAY!!

April 2, 2004

Juventus sports director Luciano Moggi is refusing to give up on prising Christian Vieri away from Inter Milan.

Moggi knows Vieri is unsettled at Inter, having been targeted by the club's boo-boys this season and also not enjoying a good relationship with both coach Alberto Zaccheroni and director Massimo Moratti.

A former Juve star, Vieri is believed to be interested in a return to Turin and Moggi has been in contact with Inter again this week about a possible end-of-season transfer.

It's been suggested Moratti would be happy to see a deal go through if Moggi included striker Marco Di Vaio in a swap agreement.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/april/italnews3020404.html

dun worry lah, vieri will join roma next season :D

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Serie A Week 28 - 4/4/04 (20.30)
Inter - Juventus Preview
LIVE on SCV Ch 22 - 5 Apr, Mon @ 2:25am
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Derby d’Italia is here and arrives just when the two teams have climbed back on to their feet after a disappointing spell. Who will be left standing on Sunday night?

This has always been a fiery and controversial clash, but we have already seen a taster in the Coppa Italia semi-final this season. Both legs ended with a 2-2 scoreline, but the San Siro decider was packed with controversial refereeing decisions and a penalty shoot-out in which Christian Vieri’s error gave Juventus their ticket to the Final.

The Nerazzurri have already humiliated their rivals in Turin with a 3-1 Serie A victory, one of Alberto Zaccheroni’s first matches in charge. That was one of six consecutive wins for the Coach, but his fortunes took a downward turn over the last month and the team now lies in sixth place.

The return to full fitness and form of Alvaro Recoba has been crucial in earning two straight victories over Ancona and Reggina, plus a 4-3 UEFA Cup thriller with Benfica, but they will certainly need to improve on those performances to get the better of Juventus.

The injury crisis continues with Cristiano Zanetti, Matias Almeyda and Giorgios Karagounis all in doubt, but Marco Materazzi returns to shore up the defence after two months out with a ban for punching Siena’s Bruno Cirillo in an off the field incident. Adriano scored three of the four goals in that Coppa Italia clash with Juve, so Zac will be hard pushed to leave him out.

Juve’s injury crisis is also not to be sneered at with Alessandro Del Piero, Antonio Chimenti, Ciro Ferrara and Nicola Legrottaglie all out, while Gianluca Zambrotta, David Trezeguet and Alessandro Birindelli are still trying to find full fitness.

Enzo Maresca has been a decisive figure in the Bianconeri midfield this season and it is no coincidence that their return to victory matched his comeback from a back problem. Sunday’s 3-1 win over Modena may not have been entirely convincing, but it boosted morale and still put them in second place above Roma. Marco Di Vaio scored two in the Coppa encounters and is again expected to partner Trezeguet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter (probable): Toldo; Cordoba, Adani, Gamarra; Helveg, C Zanetti, Stankovic, J Zanetti; Recoba; Adriano, Vieri

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Birindelli, Tudor, Thuram, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Maresca; Nedved; Di Vaio, Trezeguet

Ref: To folllow

channel 4

i will cheer for Inter :D

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Old Lady sticks with Old Guard

Juventus have officially renewed the contracts of Alessandro Birindelli and Alessio Tacchinardi, but doubt remains over David Trezeguet.

?The future era of Juventus is these players,? announced director general Luciano Moggi after the new deals were signed.

?This club knows how to stand the test of time and that is by keeping a solid centre of the squad throughout the years.?

There were already hints that pen would be put to paper, but Birindelli has now officially tied himself to the side until 2007 while Tacchinardi will stay in Turin until 2008.

Over the last few weeks Gianluca Zambrotta has also renewed his current contract until 2008, but doubt remains over Trezeguet?s future.

Newspapers in Spain and Italy continue to insist that the hitman will join Barcelona in the summer.

?Marca? claims that a verbal agreement between the two clubs has already been finalised for £18.5m, while the Frenchman is ready to sign a three-year deal with an option for a fourth worth £1.7m per season.

?I can assure you all,? added Moggi in his press conference, ?that Juventus have every intention of making Trezeguet happy in these contract negotiations.?

Time is running out for the former Monaco man, as his current deal expires in 2005 and therefore failure to sign a new agreement would inevitably see him move on in the summer.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nedved misses Inter clash

bad news for us...

Pavel Nedved and Lilian Thuram are officially ruled out of Sunday?s Derby d?Italia, as Juve experiment with an attacking line-up.

The Czech international has been struggling with fitness problems throughout the campaign, but was unable to recover from back pain in time for this weekend.

Thuram has also been finding it difficult to find his form due to a series of physical worries and is out with a thigh problem.

The good news for Coach Marcello Lippi is that Paolo Montero, Mark Iuliano and Nicola Legrottaglie all return from injury to shore up the defence.

The Bianconeri have called a total of 18 players, including two youth team players, for this historically tense encounter.

It is reported that Lippi will test out a new system in the absence of Alessandro Del Piero and Nedved.

He aims to launch an all-out attack on Inter with Italy?s midweek hero Fabrizio Miccoli, Mauro Camoranesi and Enzo Maresca supporting lone striker David Trezeguet.

Marco Di Vaio is another option, as he has now recovered from an infection that ruled him out of Wednesday?s 2-1 win in Portugal.

Juventus squad: 1 Gianluigi BUFFON, 3 Alessio TACCHINARDI, 4 Paolo MONTERO, 5 Igor TUDOR, 7 Gianluca PESSOTTO, 8 Antonio CONTE, 9 Fabrizio MICCOLI, 13 Mark IULIANO, 14 Enzo MARESCA, 15 Alessandro BIRINDELLI, 16 Mauro CAMORANESI, 17 David TREZEGUET, 18 Stephen APPIAH, 19 Gianluca ZAMBROTTA, 20 Marco DI VAIO, 22 Antonio MIRANTE, 23 Nicola LEGROTTAGLIE, 34 David CHIUMIENTO

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lippi: Sparks will fly!

The Scudetto may not be in the balance, but Marcello Lippi maintains Inter-Juventus will be one of the most heated games of the season.

?This isn?t the usual top of the table battle it has been throughout recent years,? confirmed the Coach, ?but let us not forget these are the only two clubs never to have been relegated and it remains a very heated encounter.?

The Bianconeri are now resigned to losing the title, while the home side is locked in a race to grab that fourth Champions? League spot.

?Both us and Inter are coming off a difficult period and want to earn a convincing victory to get back on track. It?s a classic Serie A fixture and as we lost 3-1 in Turin last time we are even more motivated.?

Lippi certainly wasn?t underestimating the fire that usually surrounds this tie. This season alone we have already seen controversy, bitter recrimination and twelve goals in three games between Serie A and the Coppa Italia.

The sparks are already flying after Cristiano Zanetti suggested Juventus were ?moaning? about their many injuries while Inter suffered in silence throughout their own fitness crisis.

?Zanetti should get his facts straight,? snapped Lippi, ?as we lost nine players during a very important part of the season.?

Paolo Montero, Mark Iuliano and Nicola Legrottaglie are back, but Juve lose Pavel Nedved and Lilian Thuram for this crunch match.

?I saw Fabrizio Miccoli doing very well for the Italy squad midweek,? he noted after the 2-1 win in Portugal. ?I wish to remind everyone that he hasn?t played much at club level recently because we advised him to rest up and recover fully from his injury.?

The former Perugia starlet is set to act as support to David Trezeguet on Sunday night, lining up alongside Enzo Maresca and Mauro Camoranesi.

?Miccoli is not to be considered the understudy to Nedved,? added the tactician, ?as nobody can substitute Pavel.?

The club has denied reports of a revolution within the squad next season and Lippi insists this campaign has not been a failure.

?If we take second place off Roma,? he pointed out, ?then in my seven complete years at Juventus I will have earned five Scudetto titles and finished runner-up twice.?

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Montero unlikely to stay at Juventus

April 3, 2004

Juventus chief Luciano Moggi has hinted this could Paolo Montero's last season with the club.

The Uruguay international if off contract in the summer and Moggi said: "There are players, as an example Montero, that for age and their contract they will stay with us until the end of their agreement (June 2004), then there will be the time in order to consider the situation."

He added, "We have great confidence in this squad and those players we have not re-signed, does not mean we will be selling to other clubs."

Meanwhile, Alessandro Birindelli has penned a new deal at Juve to 2007.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:: INTER 3-4-1-2
12 Fontana
15 Cannavaro
23 Materazzi
2 Cordoba
25 Almeyda
6 C. Zanetti
4 J. Zanetti
18 Kily Gonzalez
11 Stankovic
30 Martins
32 Vieri
A disposizione
71 Cordaz
19 Karagounis
9 Cruz
10 Adriano
14 Farinos
24 Gamarra
13 Helveg
Allenatore Zaccheroni
Indisponibili
Coco, Emre, Toldo, Recoba

Squalificati
Kallon (fino al 23/4)

Diffidati
Almeyda, Stankovic e Vieri

:: JUVENTUS 4-3-1-2
1 Buffon
15 Birindelli
4 Montero
13 Iuliano
19 Zambrotta
16 Camoranesi
3 Tacchinardi
14 Maresca
8 Conte
9 Miccoli
17 Trezeguet
A disposizione
22 Mirante
5 Tudor
7 Pessotto
18 Appiah
23 Legrottaglie
20 Di Vaio
34 Chiumiento
Allenatore Lippi
Indisponibili
Del Piero, Ferrara, Thuram e Nedved

Squalificati
Nessuno

Diffidati
Del Piero, Zambrotta

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Preview: Inter Milan v Juventus

3 Apr 04
(SoccerPolls UK). Inter play host to arch rivals Juventus in a Sunday evening match being played in the San Siro and commonly known as the Derby of Italy or 'Derby d'Italia'.

Juventus still have a chance to clinch their third consecutive Serie A title, but it looks like both teams will be thinking ahead to next season instead and they will both need the points to help them achieve their European claims.

Juventus are second in Seria A on 59 points, nine points below AC Milan where they travel to Modena with seven matches still remaining. Juventus have a good away record with 7 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses in their 13 matches played away.

Inter are in sixth spot on 43 points and need to keep the pressure up on Parma and Lazio who are on 44 points if they want to reach European football next season. Their home record is not that good though with only 6 wins, 3 draws but more importantly 4 losses in their 13 games played at the San Siro.

Inter though, are still in the Uefa Cup after narrowly winning against Benfica recently and continue in the quarter-finals next week with a two leg match against Marseille.

Inter go into this game on the back of a 2-0 away win over Reggina last weekend in Seria A and another away win before that over Ancona again 2-0. Their last match at the San Siro in the league saw them draw 0-0 with Chievo.

The last time the two teams met in the league was back in November when Inter came out on top with a 3-1 win at the Delle Alpi. They played each other again in the Coppa Italia semi finals in February when Juventus won 5-4 on penalties in the San Siro after a 2-2 draw. That match came after the first leg ended again in 2-2.

Juventus got themselves back on track in the league last weekend with a comfortable 3-1 home win over Modena after drawing 0-0 away to Udinese the week before.

Juventus coach Marcello Lippi has Paolo Montero, Mark Iuliano and Nicola Legrottaglie all returning from injury, but has Czech International Pavel Nedved and Lilian Thuram look ruled out.

I expect the Bianconeri to just win it here. They still need to put pressure on AC Milan even if they are settling for second spot. But Roma, who are third, are only two points behind them and still have a game in hand, so Juventus must not slip up and I don't think they will. I'm going for a 2-1 Juventus win with Juventus scoring 1st.
By resident tipster: Pete Pollster

http://www.soccerpolls.com/info/bmp17p6.asp

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Serie A Preview: Inter-Juventus

Background

Inter Milan may be coming to the end of one of their most disappointing seasons in recent memory but they appear to be keen on avoiding outright catastrophe with a string of recent positive results.

Wins over Ancona, Benfica and Reggina have seen the nerazzurri regain some of their mojo.

And as result, Alberto Zaccheroni's boys stand a fair chance of snatching fourth spot and a guernsey for next season's UEFA Cup if they can maintain their oh-so-recent form.

Marcello Lippi, Juventus' manager, will have none of this, of course.

When he take his side to the San Siro Stadium on Sunday afternoon for this clash, he will have nothing but victory on his mind.

Lippi, who bares a striking resemblance to American actor Paul Newman, knows that his side have no chance of catching Milan in the race for the scudetto.

But he understands that they have a better-than-even chance of obtaining second spot come the end of the competition.

And if Juventus were to finish in that position, then the beleaguered coach might not have to make way for Deschamps after all.

Latest News

Inter
Midfielder Almeyda says the aims of the nerazzurri are simple: to clinch fourth place domestically and earn a berth in the UEFA Cup internationally.

Lambasted by journalists and fans alike for a roller-coaster season, he and his team mates believe they can achieve these goals by winning their remaining games and paying scant attention to the table.

Easier said than done, but Almeyda feels good about the club after seeing them win three games in a row over the last fourteen days.

Someone else who also feels good about Inter's prospects is Cruz.

If there was any doubt that he had forgotten the nerazzurri's impressive 3-1 away win over Juventus back at the start of the season, his comments this week dispelled that.

"We played very well against them last time," he said.

"And we got ourselves an important victory.

"The hope is that history repeats itself."

Juventus
How refreshing to see a player pledge eternal loyalty to one club.

This week Tacchinardi extended his contract for another four years.

That will make it 14 seasons with the bianconeri when he hangs up his boots in 2008.

His commitment to remain with the club is fuelled by a desire to bag a particular trophy.

"I want to win the Champions League," he said.

"It is my daily desire."

The midfielder will be 32 years old when he calls it quits.

And he said that it will then be time to pay back the club that have given him so much.

"I would like to teach the junior players everything that I have learned in the course of my career," he said.

Probable Team Line-Ups

Inter (3-4-3): Toldo, Adani, Materazzi, Cordoba, Almeyda, C. Zanetti, Stankovic, J. Zanetti, Recoba, Martins, Vieri.

Juventus (4-3-1-2): Buffon, Birindelli, Thuram, Montero, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Maresca, Nedved, Miccoli, Trezeguet.

Players To Watch

Inter
He was put on this earth to play football and thrill fans with his creative use of the ball.

A stalwart of the nerazzurri, he is known as "The Chinaman" because of his distinct facial features.

But Recoba comes from Uruguay.

And he is the best thing that tiny country has produced since Francescoli.

Juventus
Buffon is a seasoned campaigner.

As custodian of the bianconeri goal, he understands an important thing: the ball never comes where it is expected to.

Especially when facing the likes of Recoba, Martins and Vieri.

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/u2431.html

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Juve table new Trez contract

Sunday, 04 April 2004

by Nadia Carminati
Juventus have reportedly tabled another deal for David Trezeguet to remain at the club - despite the striker's assertion that he is not ready to discuss his future.

Trezeguet recently insisted that he wanted to see how Juve's disappointing season panned out before he committed his long-term future to the club.

The Turin club have suffered an ignominious exit from European competition, and Milan have established a commanding lead in Serie A.

Trezeguet has been strongly linked with a number of top European clubs - including Chelsea and Barcelona.

Although Chelsea have a wealth of top class strikers, supremo Roman Abramovich has signalled his desire to bring the cream of the world's footballers to Stamford Bridge.

Barcelona are also keen to build on an encouraging second half to the season and view French marksman Trezeguet as a player who can bring quality to Camp Nou.

Mindful of this, Juventus have been desperate to tie the Frenchman to a new deal, and are believed to have offered a lucrative new contract if Trezeguet commits to the club beyond his current deal - which expires in the summer of 2005.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=194768

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.