Juventus FC Forum (Stadio Delle Alpi)

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Del Piero braced for glory

A superstitious Alessandro Del Piero believes his two goals against Empoli could result in a third successive Scudetto.

The Italian has netted a brace on the opening day of the season in the past two campaigns and they both resulted in Juventus title glory.

"When I start the season off with a double strike we go on to win the League," stated the Italian. "I do believe in these things so I hope the trend continues this year too."

Del Piero impressed in the 5-1 victory as Juve turned on the style with the help of their new 4-2-3-1 system.

"It wasn’t as easy as the result suggested," he explained. "We were up against a courageous side who created a number of problems in the first half.

"We’ll undoubtedly try the system again in the future but the most important factor was that we begun the term with a victory."

However, it wasn’t all smiles for the No 10 as he took exception to being substituted in the second half of the game.

"It is true that I did get upset," he noted. "But that is because I want to play all of the time. It just means I will have more energy for the national side."

Del Piero is in the squad for the crucial Euro 2004 qualifiers against Wales and Serbia-Montenegro next week.

With Roma’s Francesco Totti missing with injury, Del Piero may be fielded in a central attacking midfield role by boss Giovanni Trapattoni.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ratings:

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 7, Thuram 6, Legrottaglie 7, Montero 6, Zambrotta 7.5, Tacchinardi 6, Appiah 6, Miccoli 5.5, Camoranesi 6.5, Nedved 6.5, Maresca sv, Del Piero 8, Di Vaio 6.5, Trezeguet 6.5.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 7, Thuram 6.5, Legrottaglie 6.5, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6.5, Tacchinardi 6.5, Appiah 6.5, Miccoli 5.5, Camoranesi 6.5, Nedved 6.5, Maresca sv, Del Piero 7.5, Di Vaio 6, Trezeguet 7.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 7.5, Thuram 6, Legrottaglie 6.5, Montero 6, Zambrotta 7, Tacchinardi 6.5, Appiah 7, Miccoli 5.5, Camoranesi 6.5, Nedved 6, Maresca sv, Del Piero 7.5, Di Vaio 6, Trezeguet 7.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 7, Thuram 6, Legrottaglie 6.5, Montero 6, Zambrotta 7, Tacchinardi 6.5, Appiah 7, Miccoli 5.5, Camoranesi 6.5, Nedved 6, Maresca sv, Del Piero 7.5, Di Vaio 6.5, Trezeguet 7.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 7, Thuram 6.5, Legrottaglie 7, Montero 6.5, Zambrotta 6.5, Tacchinardi 7, Appiah 7, Miccoli 5.5, Camoranesi 6.5, Nedved 6, Maresca sv, Del Piero 8, Di Vaio 6, Trezeguet 7.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 7.5, Thuram 6, Legrottaglie 6, Montero 6, Zambrotta 7, Tacchinardi 6, Appiah 6.5, Miccoli 5, Camoranesi 6.5, Nedved 5.5, Maresca sv, Del Piero 7.5, Di Vaio 6.5, Trezeguet 7.5.

onetailed

Reaction score
i'm really glad to see a juventus forum on HWZ. this is my first time in this forum. i'm mostly in the pc games section.

thanks to dreamer for all the update. they are very comprehensive.

btw... where did you get all the info from?

i have 2 sites which i check in occassionally for juve new, they are:

http://www.juvefc.com/
http://www.juventuz.com/

i think the first one's quite good, as it will show clips of juve's goals during the season.

FORZA JUVE!

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
onetailed said:
i'm really glad to see a juventus forum on HWZ. this is my first time in this forum. i'm mostly in the pc games section.

thanks to dreamer for all the update. they are very comprehensive.

btw... where did you get all the info from?

i have 2 sites which i check in occassionally for juve new, they are:

http://www.juvefc.com/
http://www.juventuz.com/

i think the first one's quite good, as it will show clips of juve's goals during the season.

FORZA JUVE!

Hi onetailed,

welcome!!

Thanks, i just wanna share this with all Juve fans out there. :)

I got most of the news from
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/news.html

Woo, thanks for the sites.
Do they have the video clips of the Juve vs Empoli match? Can't find leh...

FORZA JUVE!!

onetailed

Reaction score
i think it will be posted on the website soon... coz i've been checking out juve's goal clips from that site since beginning of this year... they will put it up... but maybe abit late sometimes... ^^

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Real Madrid to bid for Juventus' Davids as Queiroz admits December plans

Moggi extend his contract leh...we dun wanna lose him..

September 5, 2003

Real Madrid trainer Carlos Queiroz has confirmed the Spanish champs will be active during the January transfer window.

"We are short in too many areas, our plan is to strengthen in December," admitted Queiroz.

The replacement of Claude Makelele is a priority for Real with Juventus ace Edgar Davids emerging as a major target.

Already, Italian press speculation suggests a £10 million offer from Real will be made for the Dutchman, whose contract runs out next June.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chelsea move for Juventus defender Iuliano

No...we can't lose defenders too..

September 5, 2003

Chelsea are chasing Juventus defender Mark Iuliano.
The veteran Italian international still has two years left on his Turin contract, but Chelsea owner Roman

Abramovich plans to sign the defender during January's transfer window.

Juve have been made aware of Chelsea's interest and are already planning to open talks with Iuliano's representatives about a new contract extension.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Davids unlikely to join Roma

Juventus transfer guru Luciano Moggi has dismissed claims that Edgar Davids will be playing for Roma next season.

Capital President Franco Sensi says he will sign the 30-year-old on a free transfer next summer but Moggi isn’t so sure.

"I think it will be extremely difficult for them to get him," stated the Bianconeri official when asked about the proposed move.

However, the Olimpico chief is still confident that he will get his man despite similar claims that he made last summer.

"He turned down a move to Chelsea because he wants to join us," added Sensi. "He may be a Juventus player for now but that won’t always be the case.

"His contract expires in less than a year and we are very interested in taking him on. We’re already a great team but his arrival would complete us."

Nevertheless, Davids’ agent is also playing down stories that his client will be wearing a Giallorossi shirt next term.

"Edgar is a serious professional and he will respect his commitment to Juventus until the very end," explained Robert Geerlings

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lippi on the offensive

Juventus boss Marcello Lippi will persist with his offensive 4-2-3-1 tactics once Fabrizio Miccoli is fully fit.

The tactician fielded Alex Del Piero, Pavel Nedved and Miccoli all behind David Trezeguet on Sunday with mixed results.

Although Juve beat Empoli 5-1, the game turned in the second half after Miccoli was replaced by Mauro Camoranesi.

However, it was subsequently revealed that the Italian wasn’t feeling that well and was later rushed to hospital to remove his appendix.

"I will try that formula again as soon as I can," stated the tactician. "A lot depends on the shape of Fabrizio but I want to use this system as much as possible.

"If we can organise ourselves a bit better on the field of play then we can improve our offensive capabilities.

"I must admit that our first half display against Empoli left me perplexed but then I understood that it was mainly down to player fitness."

Some critics believe that the system leaves Trezeguet too isolated at times but Lippi doesn’t agree.

"Trezeguet is now in good shape," he added after the Frenchman scored twice against the Tuscan outfit. "And when he doesn’t play then Di Vaio will replace him."

Lippi was again questioned about Edgar Davids’ future at the club after he was left out of the squad last weekend.

"He wasn’t called up for tactical reasons," maintained the former Inter boss.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some comments on Juve players playing for Italy's 4-0 over Wales :)

Buffon ; really had nothing to do but did make a crucial save on Giggs when it was still 0-0 , the only other thing he did worth taking about was trying to fight the entire team by himself (6)

Zambrotta; Oh my goodness whata super player he is turning out to be, imo Juve's best player(outfield) since the turn of the year and his form has been on the up and up, he is close to being one of the best allround players around (8)

Camonaresi : the more I watch him the more I am so unimpressed by his play, very slow, holds up play too much and to think there was this hulaballoo about his playing for Italy, no way would Argentina have used him at all imo, did some nice things but Id prefer him to start on the bench (6)

Delpiero ; with his match against Switzerland and Romania in wc2002 qualifiers in Romania , this has been his best performance for the azzurri, he was simply classy, played on the left very well, made a very cute shot in the secondhalf which was reminicent of the Dp of the 94-97/98 seasons, and did quite well as a playmaker much to my surprise (8)

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
dreamer75 said:
Some comments on Juve players playing for Italy's 4-0 over Wales :)

Buffon ; really had nothing to do but did make a crucial save on Giggs when it was still 0-0 , the only other thing he did worth taking about was trying to fight the entire team by himself (6)

Zambrotta; Oh my goodness whata super player he is turning out to be, imo Juve's best player(outfield) since the turn of the year and his form has been on the up and up, he is close to being one of the best allround players around (8)

Camonaresi : the more I watch him the more I am so unimpressed by his play, very slow, holds up play too much and to think there was this hulaballoo about his playing for Italy, no way would Argentina have used him at all imo, did some nice things but Id prefer him to start on the bench (6)

Delpiero ; with his match against Switzerland and Romania in wc2002 qualifiers in Romania , this has been his best performance for the azzurri, he was simply classy, played on the left very well, made a very cute shot in the secondhalf which was reminicent of the Dp of the 94-97/98 seasons, and did quite well as a playmaker much to my surprise (8)

Zambrotta is my no 1, he's damn good :eek:

as for Camonaresi, agreed wif u that he's not that impressive. i would prefer to put Fiore in place of him.

so 1 question, how's Trap going to put Vieri, Pippo, Alex & Totti in future matches?

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Davids takes anger out on Ruud

Edgar Davids’ frustration at the Juventus contract stalemate is showing through following a bust-up with Ruud van Nistelrooy.

The midfielder squared up to his fellow Dutchman in a tense training ground incident this morning.

“I have the best players on the continent,” explained Holland boss Dick Advocaat, “but they are not willing to accept things from each other.”

This is the latest off the field problem to have struck Davids in a disastrous season so far.

He proved a pivotal figure in Juve’s Scudetto victory at the end of the last campaign and helped take the team to the Champions’ League Final.

But his refusal to sign a new contract – and therefore leave free of charge next summer – has seen him locked in a bitter row with the club.

This weekend Juventus director general Luciano Moggi conceded there would be no further mediation to pen a new deal.

“Davids is free to go wherever he wants at the end of the season,” said the transfer guru, “but until then he is a Juventus player.”

It is reported that the Bianconeri will now discipline Davids by playing him with the youth team.

He was already left on the bench for the Italian Super Cup win over Milan and not even called up for last Sunday’s 5-1 Serie A debut against Empoli.

Having rejected a £10m switch to Chelsea and Barcelona during the summer, Juve are quite prepared to punish the former Ajax man by leaving him on the sidelines indefinitely.

definitely he's leaving juve next season

rumours he's going Roma but i dun fancy, he has attitute problem leh

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
demouse said:
Davids takes anger out on Ruud

Edgar Davids’ frustration at the Juventus contract stalemate is showing through following a bust-up with Ruud van Nistelrooy.

The midfielder squared up to his fellow Dutchman in a tense training ground incident this morning.

“I have the best players on the continent,” explained Holland boss Dick Advocaat, “but they are not willing to accept things from each other.”

This is the latest off the field problem to have struck Davids in a disastrous season so far.

He proved a pivotal figure in Juve’s Scudetto victory at the end of the last campaign and helped take the team to the Champions’ League Final.

But his refusal to sign a new contract – and therefore leave free of charge next summer – has seen him locked in a bitter row with the club.

This weekend Juventus director general Luciano Moggi conceded there would be no further mediation to pen a new deal.

“Davids is free to go wherever he wants at the end of the season,” said the transfer guru, “but until then he is a Juventus player.”

It is reported that the Bianconeri will now discipline Davids by playing him with the youth team.

He was already left on the bench for the Italian Super Cup win over Milan and not even called up for last Sunday’s 5-1 Serie A debut against Empoli.

Having rejected a £10m switch to Chelsea and Barcelona during the summer, Juve are quite prepared to punish the former Ajax man by leaving him on the sidelines indefinitely.

definitely he's leaving juve next season

rumours he's going Roma but i dun fancy, he has attitute problem leh

Real Madrid in Jan? But of cuz i dun want him to leave. Juve always like to sell away their GOOD players!! :mad:

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
dreamer75 said:

Real Madrid in Jan? But of cuz i dun want him to leave. Juve always like to sell away their GOOD players!! :mad:

maybe juve would want to sell him to real in jan for the $ instead of letting him go for free next june. but to real? to strength their weakest part, i hope not :rolleyes:

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
demouse said:

maybe juve would want to sell him to real in jan for the $ instead of letting him go for free next june. but to real? to strength their weakest part, i hope not :rolleyes:

i hipe not too..

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Juventus favourites to land Auxerre's Mexes

September 7, 2003

Juventus are favourites to sign Auxerre defender Philippe Mexes.

Though he has a new contract to 2006, Mexes and his representatives are believed to be angling for a release after the European championships next year.

AC Milan, Inter and Juventus are all keen to speak with the young defender, however Juve are said to be favourites for his signature.

Italian press reports suggest Mexes' French colleague, Marcel Desailly, has been critical of his time at Milan when speaking with Mexes about his future.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Juventus to expand Czech Republic contingent

yes....go Moggi go..

September 9, 2003

Juventus are planning to expand their Czech Republic influence over the next 12 months.

After the success of midfield ace Pavel Nedved, Juve are now planning to strengthen their defence with at least one of his Czech Republic teammates.

Hamburg's highly-rated centre-half Tomas Ujfalusi, who is also interesting Arsenal and Tottenham, is in Juve's sights along with Viktoria Pilsen youngster Petr Knakal.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SERIE A: Chievo - Juventus

I'm expecting quite a few goals because over the last two seasons that is how it has been.

Season 01/02:
Juventus 3-2 Chievo
Chievo 1-3 Juventus

Season 02/03:
Chievo 1-4 Juventus
Juventus 4-3 Chievo

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.