Juventus FC Forum (Stadio Delle Alpi)

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Calls for Del Piero to be included for Euro 08 is getting louder...not sure if donadoni will call him up...

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Serie A Week 35 - 27/4/08

Juventus - Lazio
Stadio Olimpico

Roma’s stumble means second place is within reach for Juventus and they hope to take advantage of a dismal spell for a Lazio side decimated by bans.

Claudio Ranieri’s men are on a roll and now just five points behind the Giallorossi with four games to play. It would be quite a feat to catch them in that time, but with the Scudetto out of Roma’s grasp and Francesco Totti out for the next four months, a late collapse is not out of the question. Second would send Juve straight into the Champions League without having to go through the preliminary round and guarantee more cash for the summer transfer kitty.

Lazio were in that competition last season, but a year on are struggling just to stay mid-table. The morale-boosting 3-2 result against Roma on March 19 was their last win, followed by three draws and two defeats to Fiorentina and Catania. Last week’s loss in Sicily was particularly damaging, as it cost Ousmane Dabo a two-match ban, plus suspensions for Luciano Zauri and Cristian Ledesma. Valon Behrami is an injury doubt with a continuing thigh problem and Rolando Bianchi still not 100 per cent fit, so we should see Gaby Mudingayi, Roberto Baronio and Aleksandr Kolarov in the starting XI.

Juventus are missing Vincenzo Iaquinta, Alessandro Birindelli and long-term absentee Jorge Andrade, but can count on Momo Sissoko and Giorgio Chiellini again after their lay-off in the 4-0 demolition of Atalanta. That trip to Bergamo not only cemented Alessandro Del Piero’s candidacy for a Euro 2008 spot, it also put him within two goals of Capocannoniere Marco Borriello. Between the two is his Juve teammate David Trezeguet, so two of the top three scorers in Serie A this season wear the Bianconeri jersey.

This is a special game for former Lazio men Pavel Nedved and Guglielmo Stendardo. The defender only left Rome in January following a blazing row with Coach Delio Rossi, although this week he tended a hand to the tactician and said he is open to a return.

Lazio’s overall record in Turin is very poor with just eight wins and 16 draws in 63 Serie A visits. That includes four different 6-1 losses, the latest in 1994, but times have changed recently and their last meeting in April 2006 ended in a 1-1 draw. The Biancocelesti also conquered Juve 2-1 in December 2002 with Stefano Fiore’s brace.

Keep an eye on: Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus) – What more can be said of Alex? He is the form player in the entire League at the moment and his hat-trick against Atalanta only confirmed what we already knew.

Last season: Not played

Form guide: Juventus (W L W W W) Lazio (L D D D L)

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Zebina, Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Molinaro; Camoranesi, Sissoko, Zanetti, Nedved; Trezeguet, Del Piero

Lazio (probable): Ballotta; De Silvestri, Siviglia, Cribari, Kolarov; Mudingayi, Baronio, Mutarelli; Mauri; Pandev, Rocchi

Ref: To follow...

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Juve demand third star on shirts

A legal loophole means Juventus’ next Scudetto could still earn them a third ‘star’ on the jersey, as the club can count it as their 30th.

The Bianconeri were stripped of two titles in the Calciopoli scandal, the 2004-05 and 2005-06 campaigns, after former director general Luciano Moggi was found guilty of attempting to influence referees.

The 2005 edition was left unassigned, but the 2006 title went to Inter, who had finished in third place, as runners-up Milan were also penalised in the Calciopoli trial.

Clubs in Italy place a permanent star on their jersey for every 10 Serie A titles won and at the moment Juventus have two.

Although their next Scudetto will legally be counted as the 28th, the club intends to mark the ‘lost’ seasons by putting on a third star.

“Juventus have won 29 Scudetti and soon the third star will arrive,” President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli was quoted as saying in Tuttosport.

The real news is that legally there is nothing to prevent the Bianconeri from doing this.

“A club can put however many stars it wants on its shirt. There are no rules defining the question and the Lega Calcio does not have it under its jurisdiction,” explained undersecretary for the Lega Calcio, Fabio Santoro.

“Let’s just say this is an ethical question. If Juventus wanted to put the third star when they won another Scudetto, it would be their choice and certainly not a violation of the rules.

“The only thing we would point out is that for the official Lega Calcio history books the Bianconeri have 27 Scudetti right now and not 29.”

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ranieri shrugs off Euro goal

Juventus look set to mathematically clinch their Champions League spot this Sunday, but Claudio Ranieri sees no need to celebrate. “We only mark titles here.”

It is quite an achievement for the club that spent last season in Serie B and lost many of its stars in the Calciopoli scandal, especially as they are still in the running for second place.

“What will we do to celebrate? Nothing, because what we have done is notable and the sign of the winners’ DNA we still possess, but to reach the targets I have set there is a long way to go,” said the Coach.

“Considering what I want from myself and the team, to celebrate here would be excessive. It’s not that we shouldn’t be happy, but there is no need for a party either. It’s Juventus, we only mark titles here.”

The three points against Lazio would secure their place in the top four, leaving behind Milan and Sampdoria.

“We are focused on beating Lazio and that will not be an easy game. They paid a heavy price for injuries at the start of the season and once they went out of the Champions League found their pace. We got an important win in Rome with two fantastic Ale Del Piero goals from two equally brilliant Cristiano Zanetti assists.”

Ranieri is looking to the future, as entry into the Champions League does mean extra cash to reinforce the squad.

“We always said we’d more or less have two players per position. That is what we did last year and plan to do so again. We already have some stars with experience at this level and hope they can bring the others up with them.”

One man who is definitely sticking with Juve is Mauro German Camoranesi, the Argentine who won the World Cup with Italy and has recently been experimenting a central midfield role for the Bianconeri.

“It is a possible solution for the future and he can improve there,” continued Ranieri.

“Juve are starting to realise how well they are doing. I don’t want to single out just one figure, but in the first half of the season I said we were missing Camoranesi and that was because we needed somebody who could take on opponents.”

Momo Sissoko and Giorgio Chiellini are back in the squad after missing the 4-0 hammering of Atalanta through injury, so the only absentees are Vincenzo Iaquinta and Jorge Andrade.

Juventus squad: Buffon, Birindelli, Chiellini, Zebina, Zanetti, Salihamidzic, Camoranesi, Del Piero, Nedved, Belardi, Trezeguet, Palladino, Grygera, Sissoko, Nocerino, Stendardo, Molinaro, Tiago, Marchionni, Legrottaglie.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amauri: "I'm 91 per cent Juve"

Amauri has admitted he is “91 per cent a Juventus player,” as the negotiations with the Bianconeri continue to go swimmingly.

The Palermo striker has been linked with a host of clubs including Chelsea, Real Madrid, Milan, Inter, Roma and Manchester United.

This week Rosanero patron Maurizio Zamparini told the media Juve had made the only firm bid and that Amauri was “90 per cent” signing for the Turin giants.

“In that case, I’ll add a little extra and I’ll say that I am 91 per cent a Juventus player,” the Brazilian told Radio Deejay.

“After everything I have gone through in my career, it is already a victory seeing some of Europe’s biggest clubs interested in me.

“I feel very proud and, aged 28, I want to discover what it is like to step on to the field aiming to win a Scudetto or the Champions League. It is the right moment to do so.”

There will be a battle for places in Turin next term, though Amauri is not afraid of the competition.

“David Trezeguet is a wonderful striker. I will do all I can to earn my place.”

The Brazilian is in the process of applying for Italian citizenship and could play for either his homeland or the Azzurri.

“It is a dilemma for me and a very long story. Of course, if Carlos Dunga called, then I would run to Brazil.”

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ranieri raids Premier League

Claudio Ranieri is set to raid the Premiership for top stars such as Frank Lampard, Mathieu Flamini, Patrice Evra and Gerard Pique’.

Juventus are heading for the Champions League and aim to strengthen their squad considerably over the summer to mount a credible hunt for European and Italian glory.

Their interest in want-away Arsenal midfielder Flamini – facing a transfer battle with Milan – is no secret, but today the Corriere dello Sport claims there are other targets on English soil.

Manchester United defenders Evra and Pique’ are potential new arrivals, using Raffaele Palladino as bait considering he has long been admired by Sir Alex Ferguson.

The ‘dream’ signing since the moment Ranieri set foot in Turin has been his former Chelsea protégé Lampard.

The chances of a negotiation are good, although so far Juventus have baulked at the £5.5m per season wage demands.

The Bianconeri can raise more cash during their planned jaunt to Britain next week, as Tiago Mendes continues to be of interest to Tottenham.

Sergio Almiron is set to return from his six-month loan spell at Monaco and might head to the Premier League for West Ham, Middlesbrough or Spurs.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cudicini to deputise Buffon?

He would be a good backup for us!

Juventus director of football Alessio Secco is reportedly in London to discuss the transfer of Chelsea goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini.

The Bianconeri want a quality stand-in for Italy No 1 Gigi Buffon, who has been suffering with a back problem since the turn of the year.

Juventus' current back-up 'keeper Emanuele Belardi has deputised for the World Cup winner three times this season, failing to keep a clean sheet on each occasion.

Cudicini hasn't played in Italy for nine years since he left Castel Di Sangro in 1999. The 34-year-old played under Juventus boss Claudio Ranieri between 2000 and 2004 when the Tinkerman was in charge of the Blues.

Ranieri gave Cudicini his chance at Stamford Bridge, allowing the former Lazio stopper to establish himself as one of the Premiership's best goalkeepers.

Secco is also believed to be meeting with Mathieu Flamini to discuss a transfer to the Turin giants.

Further to Flamini's signature, the Italian Press have also reported Juventus' interest in a string of Premier League stars, including Xabi Alonso and Emmanuel Adebayor.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mellberg eyes central role

mellbergnews.jpg

Olof Mellberg believes that he has been signed by Juventus to play as a centre-back, despite spending much of his final season with Aston Villa on the right.

The Swedish defender became the Bianconeri’s first signing for the 2008-09 campaign when he put pen to paper on a three-year deal in January, with his Villa contract expiring this summer.

Although both Zdenek Grygera and Jonathan Zebina have failed to nail down the right-back position this term, Mellberg doesn’t think he will be handed that role.

“I think they have signed me as a centre-half, but also with the knowledge that I can play on the right if necessary,” the 30-year-old exclusively told Football Italia.

“I started my international career with a lot of matches as a full-back, but I think Juventus know that I enjoy my game the most when I’m playing in the middle.”

Mellberg has spent the past seven years at Villa Park since arriving in the Premier League from Spanish outfit Racing Santander.

He has represented his country on 77 occasions and was named Sweden’s Player of the Year back in 2003.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HT Juventus [4 - 0] Lazio

15' [1 - 0] G. Chiellini
21' [2 - 0] M. Camoranesi
32' [3 - 0] A.D. Piero
33' [4 - 0] D. Trezeguet

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FT Juventus [5 - 2] Lazio

15' [1 - 0] G. Chiellini
21' [2 - 0] M. Camoranesi
32' [3 - 0] A.D. Piero
33' [4 - 0] D. Trezeguet
55' [4 - 1] R. Bianchi
61' [4 - 2] S. Siviglia
88' [5 - 2] G. Chiellini

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We have booked a place in the preliminary round of the Champions League next season :D

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Serie A Week 35 - 27/4/08

Juventus 5 - 2 Lazio

Chiellini 15, 89 (J), Camoranesi 21 (J), Del Piero 32 (J), Trezeguet 34 (J), Bianchi 55 (L), Siviglia 61 (L)

Stadio Olimpico

Juventus are officially in the preliminary round of the Champions League after demolishing Lazio.

Claudio Ranieri insisted there was no need to celebrate, especially with second place theoretically up for grabs. Vincenzo Iaquinta remained sidelined, but Lazio were decimated after bans for Luciano Zauri, Ousmane Dabo and Cristian Ledesma joined the injured Tommaso Rocchi, Valon Behrami and Mourad Meghni. It was a special game for ex-Lazio men Pavel Nedved and Gugliemo Stendardo, the latter leaving in January after a furious row with Delio Rossi.

David Trezeguet nodded off target, but it was a similar move that opened the scoring. Giorgio Chiellini's glancing header flashed into the far bottom corner from a Mauro German Camoranesi free kick.

Juventus doubled their advantage with Camoranesi, although Trezeguet should've had it when he incredibly scuffed Alessandro Del Piero's assist from six yards, but the move continued for Camoranesi to side-foot in.

There was truly just one team in this match. Cristiano Zanetti's searching pass allowed Del Piero to cut back past his marker and sweep a perfect left-foot finish into the bottom far corner of the net.

Incredibly 120 seconds later it was 4-0. Camoranesi again inspired with his through ball that Trezeguet flicked up off his heel to slide in at the near post from seven yards.

Lazio finally woke up and had a chance before the break, but a brilliant Gigi Buffon save denied Stefano Mauri's diving header.

Marco Ballotta beat away a powerful Nedved attempt, but Mauri was clear on goal and lost his footing as he went round Buffon, wasting a glorious opportunity.

Rolando Bianchi restored a little dignity with a consolation goal, as Mauri nodded the ball into his path for a precise lob.

Juventus seemed to have stayed in the locker room psychologically for the second half, as Lazio made it 4-2 with a fine Sebastiano Siviglia diving header from Fabio Vignaroli's cross.

The Bianconeri woke up and Nedved cracked the crossbar on the counter-attack, while Lazio went down to 10 men on 75 minutes when Siviglia got a second booking for his tackle on Nedved. It confirms Lazio's status as the least disciplined side in Serie A.

They made it 5-2 in the final minute from a Camoranesi corner kick, as Aleksandr Kolarov slipped during his clearance to effectively set up Chiellini's tap-in from six yards.

Juventus: Buffon; Grygera, Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Molinaro; Camoranesi, Sissoko, Zanetti, Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet

Lazio: Ballotta; De Silvestri, Siviglia, Cribari, Radu; Mudingayi, Baronio (Vignaroli 46), Mutarelli; Mauri (Kolarov 78); Pandev, Bianchi (Tare 84)

Ref: Gervasoni

Sent off: Siviglia 75 (L)

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Serie A Week 36 - 4/5/08

Siena 1 - 0 Juventus
Kharja 7 (S)

Stadio Franchi

Juventus fell to a surprise defeat in Siena, failing to ever really trouble the opposition.

Claudio Ranieri warned he never wanted to see a Juve side satisfied with their lot and there was little chance of that with both David Trezeguet and Alex Del Piero competing for the Capocannoniere crown. Siena couldn't rest either as Serie A safety was not yet mathematically assured. Valerio Bertotto was injured and Manuel Coppola suspended, while Vincenzo Iaquinta and Jorge Andrade remained long-term absentees.

Juventus had visited Siena three times in the top flight and won every time, scoring nine goals and conceding one. Del Piero is seeking a Euro 2008 spot and sent a 'subtle' message by wearing Azzurri blue boots with an Italian flag on them.

It was Siena who broke through with the first chance of the game. Houssine Kharja pounced on a defensive error on the edge of the box for a looping right-foot strike into the far top corner.

Pavel Nedved fought back to skim the target on Del Piero's assist, while Trezeguet scored with a header after play had been stopped for a foul.

Massimo Maccarone was fired up and drilled wide with his right foot and Gianluigi Buffon did well to parry the ex-Middlesbrough man's left-foot strike in a one-on-one situation.

Buffon saved a Rossi attempt at the near post and although substitute Hasan Salihamidzic turned a header off target, Juve struggled to create any danger.

Mauro Camoranesi's flick and smash was palmed over the bar by Alex Manninger.

Siena: Manninger; Ficagna, Portanova, Loria, Rossi; Vergassola, Codrea, Galloppa; Kharja (Frick 72); Locatelli (De Ceglie 53), Maccarone (Rossettini 90)

Juventus: Buffon; Zebina (Salihamidzic 46), Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Molinaro; Camoranesi, Sissoko (Marchionni 65), Zanetti, Nedved (Palladino 79); Trezeguet, Del Piero

Ref: Orsato

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Juventus

Buffon -6.5: The goalkeeper had nothing to do all game as Siena were hell bent on defending rather than attacking. But Buffon did make a couple of great saves when called upon.

Zebina -5.0: A very poor return for the Frenchman. He looked all at sea throughout the first half and he was not interested in the game at all. A real shocker.

Legrottaglie -5.5: Not one of his best performances today. Legro didn't struggle but he did find the going a little tough against Maccaronebut he did make some decent challenges.

Chiellini -5.0: The stopper was largely at fault for Siena's goal and he looked a shadow of the player who has been so brilliant in recent weeks. A performance he would rather forget.

Molinaro -5.0: Another player who has been blowing hot and cold this season and this time his performance was cold. Never really got going and he struggled to perform up to the standard required of him. Not good enough to be a Juventus player in my view.

Camoranesi -5.5: The Italy international played out of his skin but he was guilty of missing a sitter which cost his side a point. He displayed the odd flash of brilliance but it was not enough.

Sissoko -4.5: Once again the Mali international makes the headlines for all the worng reasons. A shocking game by the midfielder, he was poor, slow and lacked motivation.

Zanetti -5.0: Another player keeps dipping in and out of form. He lacked consistency today and let his side down with a number of wayward passes. Not his best game by anymeans.

Nedved -5.5: The veteran midfielder was not at his usual best this afternoon and he struggled to make an impact. His shooting and passing was poor and he failed to set the game on fire.

Trezeguet -4.0: The Frenchman hardly touched the ball as he drifted out of the game. He posed no threat up front at all and he would rather forget this game sooner rather than later.

Del Piero -4.5: An unexpected and woeful performance by Del Piero. If Donadoni was watching then Del Piero will not be going to the Euro's. He was not involved in anything and was static all game.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ranieri Hails Imminent Amauri Signing

Juventus boss Claudio Ranieri believes that imminent signing of Amauri will be a great addition to the Bianconeri squad.

The Brazilian forward is on the verge of completing his move to Turin, and Palermo President Maurizio Zamaparini yesterday stated that the transfer would be completed in the early days of next week.

Ranieri believes that Amauri, who scored twice in the weekend victory at Lazio, will greatly strengthen Juve as they hope to launch a two-pronged attack on Serie A and Europe next season.

“Amauri is a great player and he could be an extra champion in the dressing room, but we aren’t a Scudetto chasing squad yet,” the Tinkerman admitted.

“I need two alternatives for every role and two or three emergency players. We have to improve in terms of strength and depth.”

With Juventus set to finish third in the championship, they will be forced to play in the qualifying round of the Champions League.

This could pose a problem, as Juve have a number of youngsters, such as Sebastian Giovinco, Claudio Marchisio and Paolo De Ceglie, who are likely to be on duty, at the same time as this, for the Italy Under 21s at the Beijing Olympics.

“The Olympics will be played at the same time as the Champions League preliminaries,” Ranieri explained. “I don’t know how many of our players Pierluigi Casiraghi will choose, but I need them.”

Gianni Wilson

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nocerino To Join Palermo – Marino

Napoli transfer guru Pierpaolo Marino has given up hope of signing Juventus’ Antonio Nocerino, and says that he will be joining Palermo.

Nocerino has played more games this season for Juventus in Serie A than any other midfielder, however despite an excellent start to the campaign, he has largely struggled in 2008.

Following the arrival of Momo Sissoko from Liverpool in January, as well as the probable signing of another big name midfielder this summer, Nocerino is surplus to requirements in Turin.

Napoli have been interested in signing the 23-year-old, who was born in Naples, however the club’s sporting director says this will not happen.

“At Juventus I like Nocerino,” Marino told Tutttopsort.

“But I think there is nothing more to do – he will join Palermo.”

Napoli have made it clear that they will be making some big signings this summer as they attempt to break into the elite of Serie A.
Marino seemed to hint that Manuele Blasi and Marcelo Zalayeta, who joined on co-ownership deals from Juve last pre-season, may not stay.

"Blasi is always suspended, Zalayeta is injured: they have only satisfied us 50 per cent,” he stated. “We are still looking at youngsters from abroad: the club policy is clear.”

Gianni Wilson

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nedved Ponders Bianconeri Future

Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved is still unsure over his future with the Old Lady.

There has been much speculation regarding the Czech international’s time with the Bianconeri and many believe that this will be his final season with the club. However, such speculation about the player has been made before only to be proven wrong.

Nedved reveals that he will have a clearer answer over his career in two weeks.

“I don’t really know whether I will continue, I still have a couple of weeks to think and decide,” said Nedved.

“I am thinking very carefully as it will be an important decision.

“To play at Juventus has been an honour and I am proud, I have had some fun in the Bianconeri jersey over the years.

“I will make a decision on my future very soon.”

Nedved has been at the club since 2001 when he was signed from Lazio for €41 million as a replacement for Zinedine Zidane who left the Old Lady to join the Galacticos of Real Madrid.

Salvatore Landolina

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.