www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Football and Sports Arena (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/football-sports-arena-20/)
-   -   Juventus FC Forum (Stadio Delle Alpi) (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/football-sports-arena-20/juventus-fc-forum-stadio-delle-alpi-484427.html)

dreamer75 17-07-2007 06:18 PM

Grygera’s Old Lady dream

Czech full-back Zdenek Grygera has admitted that his move to Juventus is a dream come true.

The former Ajax stopper arrives in Turin on a Bosman having signed a five-year deal in February, after his January move failed because of the Dutch club’s demands.

“The people’s affection for the whole team is incredible,” Grygera, who was accompanied by Pavel Nedved, told Juventus Channel “Italian supporters are extremely warm and I’m very happy about this.

“I have always dreamt of playing for a big club like Juventus and in a country like Italy. I like everything about it – the people, the weather, the food. I will be fine here,” concluded Grygera.

The international’s signing could prove vital as the versatile player can be fielded anywhere in defence and also in midfield if needed.

dreamer75 17-07-2007 06:19 PM

Juventus

IN: Molinaro (D, Siena), Grygera (D, Ajax), Criscito (D, Genoa), Nocerino (M, Piacenza), Salihamidzic (M, Bayern Munich), Tacchinardi (M, Villarreal); Miccoli (A, Benfica), Iaquinta (A, Udinese), Gastaldello (D, Siena), Almiron (M, Empoli), Tiago (M, Lyon), Olivera (M, Sampdoria)

OUT: Balzaretti (D, Fiorentina), Kovac (D, Borussia Dortmund), Tudor (d, Hajduk Split); Bojinov (A, Fiorentina), Volpe (A, Livorno), Venitucci (M, Treviso), Paro (M, Genoa), Kapo (M, Birmingham), Gastaldello (D, Sampdoria), Mirante (G, Sampdoria), Volpato (A, Empoli), Giovinco (M, Empoli), Miccoli (A, Palermo), De Ceglie (M, Siena), Maniero (A, Ascoli)

dreamer75 17-07-2007 06:21 PM

Blanc expects Ali spirit

Juventus director general Jean-Claude Blanc believes that the Bianconeri’s hunger to win will prove their secret weapon in the coming campaign.

While most critics agree that the Scudetto battle will be fought between Inter and Milan, Blanc insists that the Old Lady’s spell in the Cadetti has given them an added motivation.

“We are hungry for victory like a young Muhammad Ali,” he enthused at the presentation of next season's kit.

“I compare this Juve side to Ali so many years ago when he took on and beat George Foreman in Kinshasa. He wasn’t as strong but he won as he was so motivated by his public.

“Will to win and determination are the key factors in sport as long as the gap between the competitors isn’t too great, especially if you have champions like Gigi Buffon and Alessandro Del Piero.”

The Juventus players have received a warm reception in the Dolomite resort of Pinzolo where their pre-season preparations are in full swing and the fans are in confident mood.

“It doesn’t bother me when I hear talk about the Scudetto because it’s obvious that great champions want to win,” Blanc continued.

However, the Bianconeri official was less willing to talk about recent rumours linking Azzurri captain Fabio Cannavaro with a return to Turin.

“Real Madrid’s Coach Bernd Schuster has said that he wants him in his squad, so the subject is closed,” he concluded.

dreamer75 17-07-2007 06:22 PM

Juventus Officially Remove Nocerino From The Transfer Market

In the meantime the Bianconeri are trying to sell Giannichedda, Tacchinardi and Blasi in order to decrease the number of central midfielders present in the squad.

Jean-Claude Blanc, General Manager of Juventus, has officially removed Antonio Nocerino from the transfer market, after weeks of speculations that the strong young midfielder could be on his way to Napoli or Fiorentina.

"We were at 98%, now with Nocerino we are at 99%," declared Blanc, thus also leaving the door open for a final signing by the Old Lady.

With Nocerino's stay, Juventus will need to sell the excess player in the centre half, and these include Giannichedda (to Udinese or Genoa), Tacchinardi (to Atalanta) and Blasi (to Udinese or Napoli).

However, according to the latest transfer speculation, Udinese and Fiorentina are still expected to launch one final attack on Nocerino in order to convince the Bianconeri to a co-ownership deal.

GD

dreamer75 17-07-2007 06:24 PM

Nedved: My Agent Hates Me For Rejecting Inter!

Pavel Nedved has confessed that he was contemplating accepting a lucrative move to Inter before ultimately deciding to follow his heart by remaining loyal to Juventus – much to the chagrin of his agent.

“A teammate said to me I that I wouldn’t have looked right with Inter’s jersey. And after I thought about it I couldn’t see myself in it, either,” said the Czech legend.

“With that said, I am happy to still be a Juventino. I didn’t want to just throw all the hard work that has been put in these years.”

The 34-year-old also verified reports that he was considering retiring rather than commit to what was deemed to be an unacceptably low offer from the club that he stuck with even when they were relegated to Serie B.

“At a certain point I pictured myself at home with my slippers, but the fact is that I love football too much to sit back and watch others play,” he confessed to Italian daily ‘Il Giornale.’

“It’s true that there were certain economic issues between myself and the club, but I did everything I could to remain at Juve despite receiving far more lucrative offers.

“My agent Mino Raiola was angry with me yet again, but at the end of the day it’s me who decides where to play.

“I invited director of sport Alessio Secco to my house for dinner and we resolved everything as friends.”

maxmuzzer00 24-07-2007 01:45 PM

where to get their limited edition white jersey they wear during friendlies?

dreamer75 30-07-2007 11:59 AM

Ranieri flies Juve flag in Newcastle

Sunday 29 July, 2007

Claudio Ranieri believes only fitness schedules and Shay Given’s Man of the Match performance stopped Juventus winning in Newcastle.

The Bianconeri are still a month away from their Serie A opener, but created plenty of chances in the 2-0 defeat at St James’ Park this afternoon.

“We had so many shots on goal, especially in the first half,” commented the former Chelsea and Parma boss.

“We were missing something in front of the net, but that was above all down to our early pre-season training and goalkeeper Given, who was Man of the Match.”

Pavel Nedved, David Trezeguet and Marco Marchionni all tested Given in their first real friendly of the summer.

The game was decided by Jonathan Zebina’s defensive error to give away an Albert Luque penalty and an Andy Carroll tap-in after Gigi Buffon had parried Obafemi Martins’ strike.

“The team moved well, passed the ball around quickly, especially with some great one or two-touch football,” continued Ranieri.

“It’s a shame we conceded those two goals, as we could have done better in those situations. Now we look ahead to the next friendly with Hamburg. I will completely rotate the squad so everyone can gain match fitness.”

dreamer75 30-07-2007 12:02 PM

My review of the game:

Buffon - Class as usual, stopped 2 sure goals.
Zebina - Horrible, did nothing right
Andrade - Confident, strong but at times pushed up too much and allowed Newcastle to break the offside trap
Criscito - Solid, didn't really shine
Molinaro - Looked clumsy on the ball, didn't do much\
Almiron - Best player on the pitch, already looking like our best signing. Dictated tempo very well and intercepted many crucial balls
Tiago - Disappointing, very timid, was out-muscled by nearly everyone
Nedved - As usual the workhorse of the team, moved alot, tried alot of long range shots, none of em hit the target.
Marchioni - Moved around the pitch well, he was on both wings in the middle and also helped upfront.
Iaquinta - By far the worst of the lot, very selfish, couldn't control the ball, I'm worried he could be a disaster this season
Trez - Did nothing, not his fault, the ball just wouldn't get to him.

Overall - There was no chemistry, alot of frustrating long balls. The team worked hard and I don't believe it's a fitness issue cos we outran them all the time. There was a huge gap between the defense and midfield. We desperately need to play with a designated Defensive Midfielder, we suffered alot on the counter.
We're still far away from where we wanna be. The team that played today should be lucky to make it into the top 6.

dreamer75 30-07-2007 12:03 PM

This is my #1 fear of Claudio Ranieri. He is so desperate to please the fans that he sacrifices winning tactics for fun tactics. There is no reason Almiron and Tiago should play in the same central midfield unless we are down a goal late in a game. There is no reason that Zebina should be playing RB and Grygera starting at **. There is no reason Molinaro should be starting over Chiellini and Iaquinta is NOT and never will be a SS. Having Iaquinta and Trezeguet up front is a huge mistake. Iaquinta would have been better on the wing or as a lone striker. After seeing Tiago I am sure that Almiron and Nocerino should be the starting CM for the season. C'mon Ranieri... this was clearly not the fault of the players today. I think too many players are in the wrong positions.

Maverick7 31-07-2007 03:30 PM

Hey dreamer, how did you manage to catch the game between Juve and Newcastle? Don't think it was shown here in Singapore.

dreamer75 31-07-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick7
Hey dreamer, how did you manage to catch the game between Juve and Newcastle? Don't think it was shown here in Singapore.

live streaming on the net :o

Maverick7 01-08-2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamer75
live streaming on the net :o

Ah... I see. Through torrent feeds is it? I am a computer noob and could not quite figure out how to utilise torrent feeds to view matches. Or is there a link that you watch the matches from? Is there a live feed for the Hamburg game?

maxmuzzer00 04-08-2007 01:03 AM

anyone here got their new jerseys?

dreamer75 04-08-2007 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick7
Ah... I see. Through torrent feeds is it? I am a computer noob and could not quite figure out how to utilise torrent feeds to view matches. Or is there a link that you watch the matches from? Is there a live feed for the Hamburg game?

gotta do it thr an appz...pm me if interested...

dreamer75 04-08-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxmuzzer00
anyone here got their new jerseys?

i din...Maverick7?