Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Juventus FC Forum (Stadio Delle Alpi)

Like Tree5161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2003, 02:01 PM   #31
Great Supremacy Member

Salas set for Monaco swap

Who's Jerome Rothen?

Marcelo Salas is today being linked with a move to Monaco that could see Jerome Rothen join Juventus in return.

The Chilean international is on the Turin departure list and transfer guru Luciano Moggi is keen to get rid of him as soon as possible.

The usually cagey Moggi has openly admitted that the striker doesn’t figure in the club’s plans but selling him has become increasingly difficult.

The major obstacle is with the former Lazio man’s salary – of around £2.6m a year – which few clubs seem able to match.

However, Moggi is confident that his close links with the Principality outfit will see a positive conclusion to the talks.

It is understood that the Italian champions would like Rothen in return who is known as the ‘French David Beckham’ in his homeland.

The 25-year-old made his debut in the Championnat during the 1997/98 season at Cannes before he moved on to Troyes.

He signed for Monaco in the summer of 2001 where he has since caught the eye of a number of top clubs.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...lia/jul6e.html
newkidontheblock likes this.
dreamer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 04:08 PM   #32
Master Member

Juventus wanted to get rid of Salas is no secret. High pay, injuries, no goals......

Wherelse for Salas is not a bad choice to go also. At least no more bench warming for him. I believe he regret like hell to leave Lazio...
demouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 08:21 PM   #33

Originally posted by demouse
Juventus wanted to get rid of Salas is no secret. High pay, injuries, no goals......

Wherelse for Salas is not a bad choice to go also. At least no more bench warming for him. I believe he regret like hell to leave Lazio...
salas used to be one of my favourite player during his days at lazio....he is one of the best striker in the world back then and is very loyal to lazio....a pity he is at such a state now
rekooB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 08:45 PM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

Originally posted by rekooB

salas used to be one of my favourite player during his days at lazio....he is one of the best striker in the world back then and is very loyal to lazio....a pity he is at such a state now
yeah lor like i think better get rid of him fast
JuveZzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 01:19 PM   #35
Great Supremacy Member

Originally posted by JuveZzZ
yeah lor like i think better get rid of him fast
If Salas go then Juve dun have much strikers left?
Old 08-07-2003, 01:23 PM   #36
Great Supremacy Member

Davids not for sale say Juve

Juventus have shot down the now constant speculation that they are considering the sale of Edgar Davids.

The Dutchman has been linked with a move to Chelsea for the last week but Luciano Moggi insists he will remain in Turin.

"Davids has never been on the transfer market and he never will be," stated the transfer guru on Monday.

"The Dutchman belongs to Juventus and will remain. That is what we want and what he wants.

"Therefore all the stories which are suggesting otherwise have no foundation whatsoever."

There were reports that Chelsea had made an £11m bid which was rejected by the Turin giants who want closer to £16m.

Those claims were made believable as the former Ajax man has just one year left on his current Bianconeri contract.

If the midfielder doesn’t agree a new deal then he would be available to leave the Delle Alpi next summer on a free transfer.

Davids added fuel to the fire last week when he admitted that he would be interested to play in the Premiership in the future.

Meanwhile, the Italian champions are still being linked with a move for Lazio striker Bernardo Corradi.

However, they are having difficulty in selling Marcelo Salas who has rejected offers from Spain and Portugal so far this summer.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...lia/jul7i.html
Old 08-07-2003, 02:50 PM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

Originally posted by dreamer75

If Salas go then Juve dun have much strikers left?
del perio , tezgol, milico, di valo

all top class strikers
Old 09-07-2003, 03:46 PM   #38

Originally posted by JuveZzZ

del perio , tezgol, milico, di valo

all top class strikers
yeah..don't know they wnt corradi for what
rekooB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 04:08 AM   #39

i really only want to see 2 new players: totti and nesta. I know it's not possible...
GeXcube Radeon 9600XT Extreme 570/800[/SIZE]
BaggioLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 09:21 AM   #40
Master Member

Originally posted by rekooB

yeah..don't know they wnt corradi for what

they're looking for a substitute for tezgol coz he's always injured. di vaio doesn't meet their standard, if corradi come than di vaio will be swope to lazio.

del perio is a support striker and micoli will be a good substitute for him.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:24 AM   #41
Master Member

Originally posted by BaggioLee
i really only want to see 2 new players: totti and nesta. I know it's not possible...
not possible especially for totti. do you know roma fans hate juventus more than they hate lazio!!! sensi will rather let totti join inter for free than sell him billions to juventus.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:29 PM   #42
Great Supremacy Member

not possible especially for totti. do you know roma fans hate juventus more than they hate lazio!!! sensi will rather let totti join inter for free than sell him billions to juventus.
tot they shld hate Lazio more?
Old 17-07-2003, 12:00 PM   #43
Arch-Supremacy Member

yup very true ............

but roma like interested in davids .........

Anyway the are now targeting cruz
Old 18-07-2003, 02:07 PM   #44
Great Supremacy Member

Salas set for River?

There are conflicting reports coming out of South America regarding Marcelo Salas’ proposed move to River Plate.

A wide variety of sources claimed that the Argentine club had agreed a loan move for the out of favour Juventus player.

The Buenos Aires club would pay the Bianconeri around £350,000 for the Chilean’s services next term.

But River chief Jose Maria Aguilar seems to have poured cold water on suggestions that a deal has been done.

"It would be great for Salas to come back here but it is very difficult, very difficult indeed," he is quoted as saying.

Juventus are having a nightmare summer in trying to offload the expensive international.

The Italian club had set up moves to Paris SG, Monaco, Sporting Lisbon and Real Betis but the player rejected all of them.

Salas has put off his return to Italy by a week as he desperately tries to find a suitable destination for the new season.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/jul17i.html
Old 18-07-2003, 04:06 PM   #45
Arch-Supremacy Member

haizzz so unless till like that
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.