HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

200+ Ping on CoD Warzone on Singtel

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2020, 07:41 AM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have been calling singtel for the last 2 weeks, sent them screenshots of my traceroute and my friends' traceroutes to the amazon servers. It shows my ping before reaching the amazon servers reaching around 200ms, but my friends only hit 50ms max (even the ones on Singtel). For some reason, mine was the only one lagging.
everyone should just collect their (good and bad) traceroutes (of course censor the WAN addresses) and submit to all their ISPs. i wish i can find a safe way to collect them all but that might be too sensitive. only thing i can offer is the discord to discuss.

it took time but we did that before with R6S and kept complaining, even threatening to go to another competitor since they are reluctant to resolve the tracerouting issue.
Old 30-04-2020, 05:57 PM   #17
UO
Master Member

This POS Singtel, now even Twitch lagging liao. Complained about streaming shroud on mixer lag previously and they said they couldn't do anything about it. Now even twitch degraded sigh
UO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 05:59 PM   #18

its the routing table to the aws server. last time it was azure cloud, when i was playing r6 siege, but i got them to fix it. if we all keep calling them theyll fix it
anarchy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 07:14 PM   #19

so i called singtel tech support, they wanted to switch my router out even after i told them it was not just me facing the issue, i dont think they will be able to figure this out anytime soon. they said they will escalate the issue. I also contacted activision support on twitter and singtel support on twitter i suggest whoever who is having this problem does the same. https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist and https://twitter.com/SingtelSupport , I think the both of them need to contact their AWS tech support.
anarchy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 08:37 PM   #20
UO
Master Member

so i called singtel tech support, they wanted to switch my router out even after i told them it was not just me facing the issue, i dont think they will be able to figure this out anytime soon. they said they will escalate the issue. I also contacted activision support on twitter and singtel support on twitter i suggest whoever who is having this problem does the same. https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist and https://twitter.com/SingtelSupport , I think the both of them need to contact their AWS tech support.
Yes this is standard Singtel SOP. Most of their phoneline tech support while very helpful are not the most tech proficient. This includes the average house-calling tech guy. They will always check if u are using wireless/homeplug, followed by using Singtel/3rd party router and proceed to shift blame to the end user when possible. When all else fails, they will usually change your router for you or escalate it to another Tech team.

Singtel is very good for the average non-tech savvy home user who just uses his internet to surf net and watch youtube. Any issue call them, the tech guy will just come over and change your router if you are within contract

All in all, this is very good compared to many moons ago when their tech/phone support don't even give a fck to your issues. Thankfully this changed when they started to lose customers big time with fibre services competition from m1, starhub and myrepublic.

Last edited by UO; 30-04-2020 at 08:40 PM..
Old 30-04-2020, 08:59 PM   #21

Can agree, just tried to watch twitch and it was playing at 480p with lag
UO likes this.
Jxspeloxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 09:02 PM   #22

Can agree, just tried to watch twitch and it was playing at 480p with lag
Oh man. Same here. I was wondering if there's something wrong with my network, or that everyone updating, so stressing servers.. Even Netflix today was switching to 480p at times..
UO likes this.
twinraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:15 AM   #23

Yeah
Recently me and my friend who both use singtel having this 200ms problem.
3rd friend using starhub no problem

I called singtel today morning, they told me to reset router, modem etc

Told them i did already, they checked and they said its not their side problem. Told me to try delete and reinstall

I delete and reinstalled, but still same problem.

So now just LLST wait for singtel to fix ?
But they dont seem to know they have a problem on their side
Muthucurry5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 03:47 AM   #24
UO
Master Member

Go https://twitter.com/SingtelSupport and kan them.

Yeah
Recently me and my friend who both use singtel having this 200ms problem.
3rd friend using starhub no problem

I called singtel today morning, they told me to reset router, modem etc

Told them i did already, they checked and they said its not their side problem. Told me to try delete and reinstall

I delete and reinstalled, but still same problem.

So now just LLST wait for singtel to fix ?
But they dont seem to know they have a problem on their side
Old 01-05-2020, 04:02 PM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

get to your Win10 resource monitor.
https://www.ghacks.net/2017/12/28/a-...monitor-guide/

then undder the network activity or TCP connections section find out the IP to warzone.
I thought most if not all game servers don't allow traceroutes to prevent ddos attacks? By default it'll just give timeout.
BlurKillerEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:52 PM   #26

Unrelated post to CoD but yes, can confirm that Singtel to Twitch servers are definitely experiencing a problem. Was Googling problems to Singtel/Twitch and was brought to this page.

I used to stream fine (good upload speed and connectivity) but since yesterday it was impossible to do so, even at 480p.

Having constant freezes while watching people on twitch, regardless of streamer/location.
UO likes this.
bestel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 05:12 PM   #27
Master Member

Same sheets! COD ground wars canít even find any servers at all! Forever trying to look for <200ms servers. Zzzzzzz
Sobakawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 01:01 AM   #28

Same sheets! COD ground wars canít even find any servers at all! Forever trying to look for <200ms servers. Zzzzzzz
facing same issue here. damn rubbish. want to get platinum guns also cannot. so far only singtel users facing this issue, rest of other friends on other isp no issues.
greniph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:05 PM   #29

Unhappy

I am having same issue with the latency, getting 200ms+, earlier is like <25ms and im using SINGTEL..Now literally unplayable
klsekl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:17 PM   #30
Supremacy Member

i can no longer connect to any games now lol
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.