HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anthem

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2019, 09:52 AM   #151

physical pre-order copies should be released today right?
Old 22-02-2019, 11:26 AM   #152

where to buy them??
Old 22-02-2019, 12:55 PM   #153

I'm one of those who refunded my Legend of Dawn Edition.
The demo was super boring. The guns feel so un-satisfyingly under-powered. Which indicates this game is too heavy on the grind. Not interested in this kind unsatisfying grind. I'd prefer Mass Effect's or Dragon Age level of grind. Not this kind of infinity level of grind.
The online implementation is more of a burden because it resulted in me not getting to enjoy the story as I was always facing a loading screen. The trade off for online functionality as a result is just not worth the amount of loading screen nonsense.

I would rather wait for a more polished game with a more cheaper price tag than pay so much for the most buggiest game since Mass Effect Andromeda.

Seriously EA. Stop rushing perfection. Bioware makes such terrific games but your control over them asking unnecessary features like "we want it to have online functionality so we can sell loots!" kind of ruined it. Even in the demo, the skins were unsatisfying. All I saw of my random teammates were almost pitch black characters. And because we are all rushing for the objective, we can't stop and admire each other's skins. So why have PAID skins to begin with?

The dismal reviews from those initial reviews was enough for me to reaffirm my believe of how broken and boring this game is in terms of story and gameplay grind.
"Please help me find this relic", fight through hords of enemies. Not even any variation in gameplay like maybe stealth. Just follow the quest marker, kill and follow the quest marker again.

Similarly, some love the particle effects flying about but it gave me a hard time seeing the enemies since they love to paint the enemies in the shadows where they are black while the effects are colourful and covers your sights on whether the enemy is still alive or dead in those boring dungeon/dark areas.

What a AAA disappointment coming from my most beloved great RPG and storytelling company. Bioware. But I understand this is because EA is intervening too much putting in irrelevant features and bogging the game down. Oh well.

More reviews are in today.
Currently, Metacritic rating totals it up to a mere 63.
LiLAsN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2019, 02:09 PM   #154

im still watching out for this, cause i got the choice to choose between this or BF5
Elysium87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2019, 02:39 PM   #155
Master Member

im still watching out for this, cause i got the choice to choose between this or BF5
You can consider getting Origin Premier for one month $19.90 then.

You will be able to play both games and more. And if you decide to buy afterwards, Origin Premier will also give you 10% off.

Personally, while I agree Anthem has many flaws but combat is not one of them. Many reviews point out the combat is outstanding.
taker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2019, 03:59 PM   #156

You can consider getting Origin Premier for one month $19.90 then.

You will be able to play both games and more. And if you decide to buy afterwards, Origin Premier will also give you 10% off.

Personally, while I agree Anthem has many flaws but combat is not one of them. Many reviews point out the combat is outstanding.
i don't understand about the origin premier. since i can play games for free with orgin pass, why i got to buy the game? is it for ppl to buy with 10% then you don't need to sub to the pass afterwards?
Old 22-02-2019, 04:15 PM   #157
Master Member

i don't understand about the origin premier. since i can play games for free with orgin pass, why i got to buy the game? is it for ppl to buy with 10% then you don't need to sub to the pass afterwards?
Yeah cause the origin Premier is subscription based. Once you stop the subscription, you will lose access to the games unless you purchase the game.
taker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 04:10 AM   #158

i looking for ppl to add and play ingame for PC. any discord grp also?

my origin game id is elysium-087. just started out this game only
Old 23-02-2019, 07:31 AM   #159
Arch-Supremacy Member

i looking for ppl to add and play ingame for PC. any discord grp also?

my origin game id is elysium-087. just started out this game only
please see first post for discord link, group has grown significantly in the last week. plenty of opportunity to learn and help one another through the story.

edit: and there's no rush to complete the story or anything. can complete it at your own pace and even solo if you choose.

Strongholds and higher tier gear on the other hand needs teamwork.

Last edited by Pyre; 23-02-2019 at 07:33 AM..
Pyre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 07:31 AM   #160
Arch-Supremacy Member

90 day road map
https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/acts

ACT 01 Ė ECHOES OF REALITY

Anthem Ė our Live Service begins
http://blog.bioware.com/2019/02/22/l...ervice-begins/

-----------------
Players would have encountered the first few events, especially There Be Giants occurring in our evening timezone.

and some of the masterwork I collected during a 4hr run yesterday
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Abyssal.Xuan likes this.
Pyre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 10:33 AM   #161

The game is too lagging like during open beta. When i stop moving, my char still moving for like 1 to 2 sec.
iamBBFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 10:43 AM   #162

I am so glad I purchased and my rtx 2080 is able to play this game with all effects on ultra on UWQHD screen! (:

Nearly wanted to upgrade to Ti version for this game!
Old 23-02-2019, 12:09 PM   #163

but har, I only played 3hrs and I’m sian liao
khroness likes this.
Old 23-02-2019, 01:10 PM   #164

So fun or not?
Zink00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 01:16 PM   #165
Supremacy Member

still need to wait for the raiding system... please no jumping platform raiding system like what game was that from activation..
khroness is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.