Anthem

Rogue

Reaction score
Meh, was hoping to try the public demo at the start of feb to see itemization of the loot drops.

But I found out it's fake. Balance and economy will be different from the actual game. There's no point if the experience playing a super casualized prototype where you have loot explosions and the "difficulty" does not match final product.

Misrepresentation of what you are buying. Caveat Emptor, buyers beware...

PS: Come to think of it, be warned on all Anthem reviews as well since they will be reviewing a feel good version that don't represent the game.

Last edited:

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meh, was hoping to try the public demo at the start of feb to see itemization of the loot drops.

But I found out it's fake. Balance and economy will be different from the actual game. There's no point if the experience playing a super casualized prototype where you have loot explosions and the "difficulty" does not match final product.

Misrepresentation of what you are buying. Caveat Emptor, buyers beware...

PS: Come to think of it, be warned on all Anthem reviews as well since they will be reviewing a feel good version that don't represent the game.

devs have said the reason the demo will not reflect the true leveling and rewards system is because this allows players to experience more in our short time of play time to get a real feel of the game. I estimate the total game content time is at most 3 or 4hrs worth, a slice of the complete game.

as for the difference from final game, the devs declared it openly and publicly (across multiple platforms) before the VIP and Open demos launched, to have the information out in public and avoid the situation above.

if anyone has been monitoring the amount of communication stream from the Bioware devs, it is an insane amount. I had to mute my own twitter because of the constant stream from them for past few months had increased tremendously. And in the last 24hrs they have been doing tech support on all platforms for those having difficulty with their VIP demo access.

In my years of gaming, this level and amount of communication, attention plus feedback from devs has not been observed from a triple A dev before. I've only observed it among indie developers, plus this is just before for a limited demo demo, I cannot imagine post demo or just around launch time.

Will it all translate to a better game? I don't know. I hope so. Do we need to be careful. Sure we all do, just like when we cross the road or anything else in life. Will the final game contain some form of grind? Most probably but which game does not contain some form of time sink? And the devs have publicly shared about the loot tables and earning rules which is far more flexible than other games in a similar genre.

Rogue

Reaction score
A demo is a demo. A representation of the actual game that one's going to buy. Not this PR spin.

Going to pass on the game since the only tool to gauge progression and itemization for what I'm buy at full price is fake. Now it will be a far future possible purchase based on user feedbacks and after a price correction.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1088274220633620480

I’ve seen some comments about the demo economy being different than the full game. 1. The demo is not used for reviews of the game. The full game economy is part of the review copies. It’s a demo. 2. We have been open/honest about this. 3. Demo is FREE Feb1. Nothing to lose.

About launch bays.....
https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1088200385976623104
More than just 5...???
https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1088202818438103040
Not in demo.
https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1088203818221809664

Last edited:

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To those who have a PS4, you do not need a code to play it. The Demo is available to download right now.

To those who want to redeem, please be considerate for the PC players that actually need them as I've said, it is available to all on the PS4.

as far as I am aware, regardless of platform you can download the demo. It is probably the same content for the Open Demo next week. The only difference is, if you have the VIP code - you can enter the Open Demo earlier - hence the VIP Demo dates.

And FYI, the VIP codes are universal and you can then select which platform you want to participate on.

dlwk_cal

Reaction score
as far as I am aware, regardless of platform you can download the demo. It is probably the same content for the Open Demo next week. The only difference is, if you have the VIP code - you can enter the Open Demo earlier - hence the VIP Demo dates.

And FYI, the VIP codes are universal and you can then select which platform you want to participate on.

Yes there's instructions for all 3 platforms on how to download the demo and login via EA account.

CrispyPeddler

Reaction score
Guys im at home and trying to go in but cant? Keep "connecting to online services". I got the code though..is it down now?

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
46152775044_d1f8b8c32a_o.png

31936284527_107c032a53_o.png

45963130635_dc3eb8f3e5_o.png

45963130435_73037d28f4_o.png

more @
https://www.flickr.com/photos/151462466@N03/albums/72157704653462691

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.