HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anthem

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2019, 06:53 AM   #106
Arch-Supremacy Member

https://twitter.com/anthemgame/statu...38100437950464
As a further thank you, all four javelins are available now in the Forge for players who have played in this weekend’s demo. Won’t get a chance to jump in? They will be waiting for VIP participants next weekend!

Log out and back in to see them if you’re in game.
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 01:49 PM   #107

It's unlikely to get an unbiased review now since the demo is dumbed down with loot and progression severely skewed to give current demo players a feel good experience.

Even with all the server issues, people already managed to reach level cap(15) and clear all available demo content(1 stronghold) in under 4 hours(inclusive of downtime) on hardest unlockable difficulty... So longevity of game is brought into question as well, especially when there's only 3 endgame strongholds...I have feeling that it's a complete game only after 1 or even 2 expansions.

You have to wait till the actual game is out to have a proper review from users (ignore incentivized ones, review sites or users).
Yes leveling up is fairly easy, after finishing the main mission and 1 stronghold i'm already lvl 12.

But myself is quite impressed by the story telling. I've even gone to the extend to talk to every available NPC. Initially i was tickled by the Matthias split, but after realizing the instability i find myself having an urgency to find the relic.
Old 28-01-2019, 02:42 PM   #108

Well, wait till you see the monetization prices... Most of you will have a jaw dropping gasp of disbelief.

Now you happily spend 25 coins for the demo store cosmetics, take that number and multiply by around 1500 to 2000 when the actual game comes.

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...re_items_cost/

Well, hope the novelty of flying around and action don't run out for you. The mmo-lite gameplay loop of kill bunch/wave of x monsters, fetch x stuff in the limited content even in the actual game will wear you down pretty fast.

Anthem's definitely not a full price game to be pre-ordered. Maybe after few months during sales and server/game patches. Luckily in month of Feb/March, there's an onslaught of shooter games from Metro, Crackdown 3, Left Alive, Far Cry new dawn, etc.

Last edited by Rogue; 28-01-2019 at 03:54 PM..
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 03:54 PM   #109

Yes leveling up is fairly easy, after finishing the main mission and 1 stronghold i'm already lvl 12.

But myself is quite impressed by the story telling. I've even gone to the extend to talk to every available NPC. Initially i was tickled by the Matthias split, but after realizing the instability i find myself having an urgency to find the relic.

Demo players are buffed to LV10 right? We will start off from LV1 i supposed when the game actual launch.. It took me 2 days to lvl from 10-15 from events and main missions.
Old 28-01-2019, 04:06 PM   #110

the only gripe on talking to npc is that we are unable to skip the conversation. i hope they allow us to click button to skip the conversation when its full launch. its so slow.

another thing is whenever u choose an option between conversation,there is certain delay for the npc to react.like loading script before npc reply.

oh and hope they allow us to run in the city. ITS TOO SLOW

hope they fix all this in full launch
CrispyPeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 07:45 PM   #111
Master Member

another thing is whenever u choose an option between conversation,there is certain delay for the npc to react.like loading script before npc reply.
Actually iirc Mass Effect was also like this right?

Yeah need faster ways of movement in the fort. I really hope in the full game every time log in is not at the same corner.
CrispyPeddler likes this.
taker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 08:40 PM   #112
Arch-Supremacy Member

the only gripe on talking to npc is that we are unable to skip the conversation. i hope they allow us to click button to skip the conversation when its full launch. its so slow.

er... we could skip dialogue by pressing ESC. even some story cutscenes can be skipped.

And running was disabled in Demo.
CrispyPeddler likes this.
Old 28-01-2019, 09:17 PM   #113

Actually iirc Mass Effect was also like this right?

Yeah need faster ways of movement in the fort. I really hope in the full game every time log in is not at the same corner.
really? i dont feel it when i play other similar game (choice base) like witcher 3, mass effect, GOW etc..but this, something seems off when u choose 1 or 2...it stuck...like loading...script before the npc react.

er... we could skip dialogue by pressing ESC. even some story cutscenes can be skipped.

And running was disabled in Demo.
really? i remember i click everything...and it didnt skip, then i didnt dare to talk to any other npc already.

good to know running in fort is disabled in demo. it will be pain in the ass if its still the same when the game full launch.

btw, we cant play in weekday? demo only on weekend?
CrispyPeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 11:57 PM   #114

is the game nice?
Tan Gee Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 12:37 AM   #115
Master Member

btw, we cant play in weekday? demo only on weekend?
Yeah the next one is the open demo on 1st Feb.
taker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 07:02 AM   #116
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anthem VIP Demo Weekend Summary
t was an eventful weekend for Anthem! VIP Demo recap and next steps from our Head of Live Service, Chad Robertson:
http://blog.bioware.com/2019/01/28/a...ekend-summary/

Nearly 2M grabbits slaughtered (seriously! – they look so innocent).
https://twitter.com/anthemgame/statu...12273924423681

We did branch in early December to stabilize and make the necessary changes.
There are thousands of differences big and small in there.
Despite this, there is still a lot to be learned
https://twitter.com/BioMarkDarrah/st...73671047815168
Old 29-01-2019, 09:56 AM   #117

I had an immense amount of fun in the VIP Demo. Used a friend pass, so not a biased view just cause i pre-ordered

Issues:
Infinite loading screen, every time, had to quit and re-join but i played probably a good 10 hours worth of the game.
Mobs disappearing.
Stuck in a tree free falling and couldn't get out.

It ran and looking amazingly beautiful at 1440p Ultra (1600, 16gb ram, 1080ti).
Anyway my initial impressions were really really good, had loads of fun, partied up with my friend no problems. Did the stronghold a good 3-4 times trying out different storm Combos, loads of loot. Combat is fun, fluid and quick. Guns are a bit weird, they just feel weak even tho a sniper rifle i was taking out the lowbi mobs 1 shot.

I am just concerned about the longevity as others have mentioned, will it just become an insane grind over n over n over, not sure if its worth $60.
I'll wait for release before diving in. EA are not to be trusted lol.
arfness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 11:04 AM   #118

hope they fix all this in full launch
YES exactly!!

i tot i could run with L3 button but can't.....
Old 30-01-2019, 01:58 PM   #119
Arch-Supremacy Member

https://twitter.com/BioMarkDarrah/st...78667329753088
Real money cannot be used to purchase crafting materials

Origin basic is SGD1.90 for first month only.
https://www.origin.com/fin/en-us/store/origin-access
And you get 10hrs to play Anthem from 15th Feb AND you get 10% discount if you decide to get the game. And if the game is trash, you can unsub and save alot. Or use the remaining time to play the other 100+ games available to you in the Origin library.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:55 AM   #120
Arch-Supremacy Member

Latest Chad Roberts blog before the Open Demo
http://blog.bioware.com/2019/01/31/h...them-community

Server status page
https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/live-status

Anthem on EA Help page (report bugs & tech issues here as well)
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Anthem/ct-p/anthem-en

and yes the konami code thing is real
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.