HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone tried PS4 remote play?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2016, 09:27 PM   #1

Unhappy Anyone tried PS4 remote play?

I'm able to see my PS4 on my screen, but when I link up my controller to the console to select my player profile, the screeen disconnects immediately. How fun to be able to just select my profile and d/c-ing over and over again
vintheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 02:28 PM   #2

same for me, will be trying to wire up all my connections before trying again next time
incubus07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

I'm able to see my PS4 on my screen, but when I link up my controller to the console to select my player profile, the screeen disconnects immediately. How fun to be able to just select my profile and d/c-ing over and over again
you mean you tried to link your controller to the console instead of the PC?
Kusanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2016, 06:17 PM   #4

Haven't try on PC but used it on Vita and PS4. It lags even when the PS4 is connected to the router and I'm reasonably close by playing - it also makes some games very difficult to play due to the visual compression artifacts.

Surprisingly the Xbox One streaming worked flawlessly.
jace88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 05:33 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

I feel its a good feature, but not expected to perform as well as playing on the console itself. Also with the high power consumption of the PS4, not sure if it makes sense to load both the PC and PS4 together.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 11:03 PM   #6

oh.. realised its my USB cable that was the issue. need to use a data instead of charging. Works fine and i'm enjoying it while the tv's not available!
vintheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 01:22 PM   #7

It's crap compared to my Xbox One/Windows streaming (this is probably the best experience of the three) and my Wii U remote play which is severely limited by the wireless range of the console itself (why it can't do this over the wifi network rather than it's own hotspot is beyond me).

Even with both my PS4 and my Win10 laptop connected on LAN cables there are artefacts, delays in control inputs, etc... this applies to both the newer Remote Play as well as on Vita (connected via wifi obviously). It's playable for slower games but even then, the input lag can be a pain making it hard to play.
jace88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.