HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Help With Title of 8-bit Game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2018, 04:47 PM   #1

Help With Title of 8-bit Game

Hello everyone.

I've been searching high and low for the name of a PC game that I played back when I was much younger; around the early to mid 90s.

What I can remember about the game (thus far) were:
  • It was an 8-bit game
  • You had to collect parts to assemble a vehicle that you'd have to race (either a drag race or a lapped one) at various stages of the game (IIRC, the races were usually against a mad scientist-type NPC)
  • The said parts were scattered in rooms within a Donkey Kong-like layout (multiple floors, ladders to go up and down, etc.)
  • You had to complete puzzles/mini games in the said rooms to obtain parts for your vehicle
  • Enemies that my friends and I referred to as "monkeys" (there MAY have been an official/alternate name for them) would try to prevent you from completing your quests
  • You can put the "monkeys" to sleep temporarily by throwing a banana at them (using the spacebar on your keyboard - this part I remember VERY clearly)
  • The monkeys were either in the form of a slow-moving blue shperical being (kinda like a globe) with eyes, a big mouth, and hands and feet OR in the form of a unicycle robot
  • The highest rank your character can hold is "Professor" (it could have possibly been higher, but I didn't manage to go beyond past "Professor")

I do apologise if all this sounds weird, but that is all I've managed to recall about the game. I'm really hoping that someone else has played this game before and can point out its title.

Do feel free to ask questions, and I'll try to see if I'm able to recall any other details.

Though not an urgent matter, this will definitely bring back nostalgic memories for me as well as others who may have also played the game.

Many thanks in advance!

*(My apologies if this isn't posted in the correct section of the forum)
hairil is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.