HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Illegally "Renting" Digital Games on Switch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2020, 01:02 PM   #1

Illegally "Renting" Digital Games on Switch

I've recently seen a number of listings on Carousell, Lazada, Shopee etc "renting" out digital games.

How it works is that the seller gives you an account with the game on it. But this account is shared by others who also "rent" the game. You have to connect through Wifi to play the game although you do not own the game/account and the seller is able to take the account away from you if you try to change any settings (email/password/primary user) on it.

Note: The rental price isnt exactly cheap. Although it's cheaper than buying it's still around $30+ which is around 40% of full price.

I'm sure that's illegal and quite dangerous for buyers. If Nintendo bans these accounts, you will not be able to play the game and it is up to the discretion of the seller to provide you with a substitute.
shadowex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:24 AM   #2

Don't even try. Had a bad experience with this. The account password was changed out of the blue and I wasnt able to play the game anymore. Messaged the Laz seller and was ghosted, then acct got deleted or something and I had no recourse. Basically leaving me with no options after spending hours on the game.
jjaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:14 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

This type of account sure will tio banned.

Sent from Home using GAGT
invigo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 09:08 AM   #4
Great Supremacy Member

thanks for flagging this
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.