HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

No Man's Sky

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2018, 12:48 PM   #106

Wanted to buy this game since it has now 3rd person view. Just to check, this game is solo-able? Any is there any main story quests to follow?
Old 01-08-2018, 01:20 PM   #107
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wanted to buy this game since it has now 3rd person view. Just to check, this game is solo-able? Any is there any main story quests to follow?
it originally was mostly single player.

i won't promise anything. there is 2/3 different 'story-lines' to follow. but they are not actual quests to complete. and you have to read alot to appreciate the stories. if you don't like reading, or putting stories together, then essentially there is no quest and will find it boring.

there is better handholding (compared to the past patches) in terms of understanding the game and crafting mechanics. but otherwise treat it as a sandbox.

if you cannot set your own goals yourself, or need alot of handholding then you will find it boring and lonely. much of this game emphasizes on self discovery.
rEe_TaN and CrispyPeddler like this.
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:11 AM   #108
Arch-Supremacy Member

https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/08/next-patch-1-53/

Bug fixes:

Fix to restore savegames for players affected by a specific issue with freighter expeditions
Fix for an occasional white screen crash during loading
Fix for frigates not reporting their damaged state correctly
Fix for an issue that could block players in the “fuel the warp drive” stage of the tutorial
Fix for repairing broken ship slots in Creative Mode
Improvements to exocraft laser damage
Improvements for animations while turning, jetpacking, and standing on objects
Memory optimisations to improve stability
Preventative fix for potential stability issue with mission handling
Old 02-08-2018, 11:41 AM   #109
High Supremacy Member

I bought the game. It’s pretty fun so far. A quick question, can we adjust the view distance when in 3rd person view?? As in can we move further back from the body view?? I find the camera is still quite close to the body.
kopi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #110
Arch-Supremacy Member

I bought the game. It’s pretty fun so far. A quick question, can we adjust the view distance when in 3rd person view?? As in can we move further back from the body view?? I find the camera is still quite close to the body.
no. but i think you can adjust your FOV which might help. please at least have 1 save before adjusting your graphical settings otherwise you will have to reload your game shaders which is annoying at the start.
kopi22 likes this.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:29 AM   #111
High Supremacy Member

no. but i think you can adjust your FOV which might help. please at least have 1 save before adjusting your graphical settings otherwise you will have to reload your game shaders which is annoying at the start.
The FOV setting does help indeed. The view is zoomed out better after setting to 100. May I know if is there a map which we can check while on a planet? Or any else I need to to first in order to have a overview map? Thanks!
Old 03-08-2018, 10:48 AM   #112
Arch-Supremacy Member

The FOV setting does help indeed. The view is zoomed out better after setting to 100. May I know if is there a map which we can check while on a planet? Or any else I need to to first in order to have a overview map? Thanks!
good. glad the FOV helped abit.

no maps since everything is procedurally generated.

i forgot that there's also base-building and different game modes, one of which is creative mode that allows players freedom to create their dream bases and other players can visit.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #113
High Supremacy Member

good. glad the FOV helped abit.

no maps since everything is procedurally generated.

i forgot that there's also base-building and different game modes, one of which is creative mode that allows players freedom to create their dream bases and other players can visit.
I see. Do we need to claim a base in order to start building? I did that during the tutorial. Does it mean for every planet we visited we have to claim a base? Also, I find it is difficult to search for resources while in the craft even I did scan in the sky. I wonder how can we keep track of the resources we scanned before.... Sorry for the questions asked. This game has steep learning curves but yet very fun at the same time.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:08 PM   #114
Arch-Supremacy Member

I see. Do we need to claim a base in order to start building? I did that during the tutorial. Does it mean for every planet we visited we have to claim a base? Also, I find it is difficult to search for resources while in the craft even I did scan in the sky. I wonder how can we keep track of the resources we scanned before.... Sorry for the questions asked. This game has steep learning curves but yet very fun at the same time.
no need to build base every time besides for the tutorial. unless u want to.

the resources will always be procedurally generated as well. so get out of your ship, scan with your suit and just get whatever you want. remember there are 2 types of scanning. general surface scanning press C. but detailed analysis scanning u press F and point at the rock or plant or creature u want to scan. that give u information of that subject as well as resource it is composed of that can be obtained if you mine or kill it. and some creatures lead you or give u special resource if you feed it.

and remember, some flora, fauna and minerals are found only underground. u generally should be able to gather everything within a single system to complete basic crafting. but may need to travel between planets to do so. otherwise may need to purchase or trade.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:23 PM   #115
Arch-Supremacy Member

Latest crafting tree as of Patch 1.5.2 Aug 1st 2018
https://i.imgur.com/IDMJ1iZ.png

Recipe and time
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...bg4/edit#gid=0
Old 04-08-2018, 01:27 PM   #116
Arch-Supremacy Member

Old 04-08-2018, 10:06 PM   #117
High Supremacy Member

Hey. May I ask how to do screen shots?? Via the photo mode??
Old 04-08-2018, 11:41 PM   #118
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey. May I ask how to do screen shots?? Via the photo mode??
yes and also using Steam's screenshot tool. they dump into the same folder
Old 07-08-2018, 08:26 PM   #119
Arch-Supremacy Member

https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/08/next-patch-1-54/

Hello everyone,

We are continuing to focus on safely addressing the highest priority issues reported by the community. As always, thank you for playing the game and taking the time to report any issues you encounter!

We have now released update 1.54 to PC, which includes the fixes detailed below. We’ll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

Bug fixes:

Fix for crash while reloading mission markers from save
Fix for issue where invalid characters could be inserted into a save, causing it to fail to load
Switched to using lockless small block allocator for physics to reduce memory footprint
Fix for occasional crash when looking up data about substances in UI pages
If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.

Thank you,

Hello Games
Old 15-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #120
Arch-Supremacy Member

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.