HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Opinions on new build.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2018, 05:33 PM   #1

Opinions on new build.

Hello all, I will just be listing the parts im upgrading to. I wont list every part i am using.

MOBO- Asus Zenith Extreme
CPU- AMD Threadripper (still contemplating between 1900X/1920X/1950X)
CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-U14S
Pc Case- Thermaltake view 71 rgb edition
RAM- 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z
PSU- Seasonic 620W Full modular (not an upgrade, im salvaging this from my previous build)

For the pc case, I was thinking of going 3x120 on the top and in the front,
2x120 at the bottom,
1x140 at the back.

But im not entirely sure what the difference is between radiator and fan and whether i need a radiator (if theres a difference) with a 9-fan built case. Or whether i need to swap out some fans for a radiator instead.

Any tips/opinions/suggestions are welcome and thank you in advance for your input and sorry in advance if i posted this in the wrong thread.

Last edited by A.Khan92; 27-02-2018 at 05:47 PM..
A.Khan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 07:52 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any budget for this build? And also u need a GPU as the processor does not provide u with a onboard gpu.
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #3

Any budget for this build? And also u need a GPU as the processor does not provide u with a onboard gpu.
I have a gpu ready, 1070 asus ROG strix. ive calculated the amount i need for all those parts, its about $2160 because i am not buying the parts locally. maybe my budget is around 2.7 or 3k? i dont quite have a budget because im splashing for a rig that can last me for years. my current pc is about 8 years old coming 9.

Thank you
A.Khan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.