Project CARS 2

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

With 170+ cars, 60+ tracks, varying terrains and motorsports, tested and approved by world-class drivers, and featuring more iconic cars from the world’s most elite brands, Project CARS 2 is the most beautiful, authentically-crafted, and technically-advanced racing simulation game you’ve ever experienced.

Project CARS 2: the ‘ultimate driver journey’ returns late 2017 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

urbanoxide

Reaction score
It is similar to Forza Horizon 3.:s13:

What? No?! FH3 is more of arcade style racing whereas PC2 will be simulation/realism. Anyway i wouldnt trust the developers at PC2, they promised so much for the first title but fail to deliver. Coming from someone who owns both titles, FH3 is so much more enjoyable imo, but then again, you can't compare these 2 as they are same same but different , my 2 cents anyway.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What? No?! FH3 is more of arcade style racing whereas PC2 will be simulation/realism. Anyway i wouldnt trust the developers at PC2, they promised so much for the first title but fail to deliver. Coming from someone who owns both titles, FH3 is so much more enjoyable imo, but then again, you can't compare these 2 as they are same same but different , my 2 cents anyway.

I was thinking of getting Project Cars for free once I sign up for a 12-month Xbox Live Gold. Because I have Forza Horizon 2 and 3 so I thought Project Cars may be fun as well.

Hmm... So I guess Project Cars is similar to Forza Motorsport 6 which is based on realistic racing competitions on circuits. :s13:

No arcade-style gameplay. Serious racing only.

oddbasket

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting Project Cars for free once I sign up for a 12-month Xbox Live Gold. Because I have Forza Horizon 2 and 3 so I thought Project Cars may be fun as well.

Hmm... So I guess Project Cars is similar to Forza Motorsport 6 which is based on realistic racing competitions on circuits. :s13:

No arcade-style gameplay. Serious racing only.
I would say Project CARS is better than Forza Motorsports 6 as a racing sim, though FM6 looks prettier, (comparing with a wheel experience on the free version of FM6).

Project CARS loses it's appeal quickly to racing fans who are into simcades or arcade racing, because it only does the driving part well. It's solo career and AI are more like an afterthought. Unlike the player, AI is unaffected by weather conditions, and terrain when they go off track, only simply coded to go slightly slower. They do this with slick tyres while the player has to pit stop for grip tyres in heavy rain or they can forget about racing. They pretty much still go full speed while the player struggles.

Also, while the AI avoids each other, they think they can simply go through the player to keep their programmed racing line most of the time. And contact is fatal to the player. Any contact cause your car to go straight, and steering and brakes just fails, while AI recovers straightaway, which leads to frustration with the AI.

However, the cars, tracks and the driving is very enjoyable (again from a wheel experience). Some people play racing sims to relax and de-stress, and I find this to be true of PC for me. That said, the traction on many cars seem to be off for me. I tend to play racing games on hardcore (without assists) but this game perhaps due to it's intended 'realism', has me spinning out on turns much too easily. And because of that and the AI, I often find myself resorting to the chase cam instead my preferred cockpit view for racing. At the minimum, I require ABS to be enabled for my habitual late braking, if only to beat the cheating AI.

PC can still be enjoyable for arcade racing gamers since AI 'skill' is adjustable (how fast or slow they take corners), and it plays well with the controller with the 3 assists enabled. But it still does not have the sense of progression/satisfaction players look for in arcade racing, though it seems to satisfy driving purists well enough.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would say Project CARS is better than Forza Motorsports 6 as a racing sim, though FM6 looks prettier, (comparing with a wheel experience on the free version of FM6).

Project CARS loses it's appeal quickly to racing fans who are into simcades or arcade racing, because it only does the driving part well. It's solo career and AI are more like an afterthought. Unlike the player, AI is unaffected by weather conditions, and terrain when they go off track, only simply coded to go slightly slower. They do this with slick tyres while the player has to pit stop for grip tyres in heavy rain or they can forget about racing. They pretty much still go full speed while the player struggles.

Also, while the AI avoids each other, they think they can simply go through the player to keep their programmed racing line most of the time. And contact is fatal to the player. Any contact cause your car to go straight, and steering and brakes just fails, while AI recovers straightaway, which leads to frustration with the AI.

However, the cars, tracks and the driving is very enjoyable (again from a wheel experience). Some people play racing sims to relax and de-stress, and I find this to be true of PC for me. That said, the traction on many cars seem to be off for me. I tend to play racing games on hardcore (without assists) but this game perhaps due to it's intended 'realism', has me spinning out on turns much too easily. And because of that and the AI, I often find myself resorting to the chase cam instead my preferred cockpit view for racing. At the minimum, I require ABS to be enabled for my habitual late braking, if only to beat the cheating AI.

PC can still be enjoyable for arcade racing gamers since AI 'skill' is adjustable (how fast or slow they take corners), and it plays well with the controller with the 3 assists enabled. But it still does not have the sense of progression/satisfaction players look for in arcade racing, though it seems to satisfy driving purists well enough.

I didn't know Project Cars has these flaws. :eek:

oddbasket

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, this is what it feels like cornering in the rain in PC...

3ohze2taGmNbto6gwg.gif

Last edited:

oddbasket

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wait a second. It seemed like the kart hit something and flown off the track. :eek:
Nah.. I went too fast, lifted off and circled like a plane...

Joke aside, I actually discovered this particular corner, that when you go at it with a kart in PC, you can do incredibly silly stunts...

Last edited:

urbanoxide

Reaction score

This. Thanks for that.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nah.. I went too fast, lifted off and circled like a plane...

Joke aside, I actually discovered this particular corner, that when you go at it with a kart in PC, you can do incredibly silly stunts...

My cars fly like rockets. :s13:

In Forza Horizon 3, of course. My wife thought I was playing a fighter jet game on Xbox One when she saw one of my cars flown into the air.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.