BwaySaiDonk

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone planning on getting it?
seems like not much hype and no release dates or prices in sg
was thinking to get for infinite warfare and the last guardian :D

Rogue

Reaction score
Kinda pointless in my opinion, most of the reviews are meh followed by woohoo only for ROTR. It's non-native 4K@30fps too. Then there's a issue when you don't have a real 4K+HDR TV (which are also pricey) since the 1080p are all meh when compared to playing on a normal PS4.

If it was me, I'll wait for more games to mature or be consistently designed from ground up for it ( a price drop/bundle in next Black Friday perhaps, with xbox scorpio to compete) to really make use of its horsepower like ROTR instead of paying the premium for meh.

Anyway the $249 bundles are starting to roll out for PS4 slim (mainly with Uncharted as a bundle) and Xbox One S for Black Friday 2016. Price is interesting since it is below GST taxable. Also there'll be a $99 new Nintendo 3DS promo too. Price stated are in Us dollars.

Last edited:

Kapish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
look at the exclusives not just the machine itself.
if you like ps exclusives then ps4 pro will enhance your gaming experience. if not spend the money on a gtx 1070 for your pc

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score
in general sinkies wont spend a lot on console gaming.

if can pirate during the psp and ps2 era, you can see a lot of 'gamers'.

that is why PSVR and PS4pro, will have very little 'hoo-haa".

if you are a serious console gamer, then the ps4pro is a must. it gives graphical enhancements, smoother gameplay and better frame rates, depending on game title. and a lot of future titles will have ps4pro support. NOT JUST 4K SUPPORT, like what many casual gamers seem to think.

anyway it isn't very costly. i don't understand idiots who buy a regular ps4 now, then waste more money for an upgrade later. but then again, most locals are just casuals, so such details wont matter to them.

Last edited:

+DEAtH.NOtE+

Reaction score

if you are a serious console gamer, then the ps4pro is a must. it gives graphical enhancements, smoother gameplay and better frame rates, depending on game title. and a lot of future titles will have ps4pro support. NOT JUST 4K SUPPORT, like what many casual gamers seem to think.

anyway it isn't very costly. i don't understand idiots who buy a regular ps4 now, then waste more money for an upgrade later. but then again, most locals are just casuals, so such details wont matter to them.

If they can afford an upgrade later on, then money is not an issue to them. The other category of ppl wont buy ps4 pro because it is out of budget so they might as well just buy a standard ps4 now

3dfxplayer

Reaction score

Was going to get one until I saw these videos, I'd wait for a bit to see what happens, don't want to pay more and get worse performance.

flyboy

Reaction score
Even if i have the money also cannot buy. Go shop see see also no stock

Hi people,

I am not a gamer, so need to seek advice here. Need to buy PS4 as a gift. Can I ask if I buy a PS4 or PS4 Pro in the USA, I can play in Singapore?

Sorry, I am really noob at console gaming. Thanks for answering.

Kapish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi people,

I am not a gamer, so need to seek advice here. Need to buy PS4 as a gift. Can I ask if I buy a PS4 or PS4 Pro in the USA, I can play in Singapore?

Sorry, I am really noob at console gaming. Thanks for answering.

yes ps4 is 100-240 volts. work anywhere in the world. but best to buy from amazon uk because they use same plug as us

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
yes ps4 is 100-240 volts. work anywhere in the world. but best to buy from amazon uk because they use same plug as us
The plug doesn't matter. First of all you can just use a simple adapter.

wholesales-universal-travel-adapter-au-us-eu-to-uk-adapter-converter-3-pin-ac-power-plug-adaptor-connector-1507-5829564-1-product.jpg

The PS4 uses a standard 8-shape connector (pic taken from PS4 manual, it's the port labelled "A"):
other_basic_007.jpg

The same type of cable can be found in many devices and household appliances. You can just buy (if you don't already have one) and swap as necessary.

Power-Cord-IEC320-C7-to-Type-C-Euro-Plug-1-5M-Order-ONLY-with-a-Power.jpg

75230-a.jpg

Amazon UK (or UK in general) does not have the best price. UK used to be the best source country when games and consoles were so cheap compared even to US but it's been many years since prices hiked. Don't limit yourself to Amazon UK just for one simple plug (that can be solved with a $1 converter or a $5 cable).

Kapish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup my old ps4 i use an adapter. but why spend extra money

my ps4 pro from amazon uk i got it for 319.99 pounds (converted to SGD573.75) with priority shipping and import tax .. cheaper than us price of $467.30. plus the high conversion rate for USD you pay even more. and no need to buy adapter to boot.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
yup my old ps4 i use an adapter. but why spend extra money

my ps4 pro from amazon uk i got it for 319.99 pounds (converted to SGD573.75) with priority shipping and import tax .. cheaper than us price of $467.30. plus the high conversion rate for USD you pay even more. and no need to buy adapter to boot.
Oh didn't realiase Amazon UK has it cheap now. Was a long time since I bought a PS3 from them (at 80 pounds).

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Out of topic but kinda agree on your statement.........many (cheapskate) sg gamers are still stuck in the ps2 era of wanting of pirate games...........i can understand these gamers mentality if they were poor students still in school as i did that in the past too, but since i am out of school and got a salary...i went legit and never looked back...

to those working and having salary but still pirating games...shame on you!

Kapish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pirating games will soon or already a thing of the past.
xbox one and ps4 is unhackable to run pirated games
pc games are incorporating denuvo anti-tamper and it is extremely effective. it is a good thing for developers and gamers. more sales means possible sequels and better games

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.