HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommend gamepad for PC

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2018, 11:09 PM   #1

Recommend gamepad for PC

I just bought the PC version of FF15 and realised that gamepad could be easier to execute moves and commands than keyboard. As I seldom play games on my pc, i am looking for a cheap gamepad just to play this game. Maybe also source from Carousell. Any recommendations? Thanks

Sent from Wonderland using GAGT
lurker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 11:15 AM   #2

logitech one is decent and value for money
kindoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #3

For the best plug and play option without any additional configs, get the Xbox controllers. They last pretty long too. Generic gamepads need additional configs and might not support Xinput for games.
-Synchronicity- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 11:57 AM   #4

Tks all. Will consider logitech and xbox

Old 14-04-2018, 12:27 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

From own usage:

PS3
PS4 - Heavier, smaller buttons, lower battery life, for not much real benefit
XBox 360 - the analog stick doesn't last well with age... while the d-pad doesn't allow for precise inputs so I still end up using the analog stick despite first statement

And never go for those "OEM" China / fakes, bought a PS3 lookalike and didn't even play finish one game with it before I tore it apart to see how I could fix it because the input quality was atrocious.

Play an instrument IRL and hear him say how inaccurate the sound is
wwenze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 12:40 PM   #6

For the best plug and play option without any additional configs, get the Xbox controllers. They last pretty long too. Generic gamepads need additional configs and might not support Xinput for games.
Btw xbox controller is compatible with PC games right?

Old 14-04-2018, 12:42 PM   #7

From own usage:

PS3
PS4 - Heavier, smaller buttons, lower battery life, for not much real benefit
XBox 360 - the analog stick doesn't last well with age... while the d-pad doesn't allow for precise inputs so I still end up using the analog stick despite first statement

And never go for those "OEM" China / fakes, bought a PS3 lookalike and didn't even play finish one game with it before I tore it apart to see how I could fix it because the input quality was atrocious.
I sold away my PS3 and dont intend to buy PS4. Currently my games are purchased from steam to be played on PC. So far no problem on my keyboard

Old 14-04-2018, 12:43 PM   #8

But ytd I bought FF15 and realised that keyboard very hard to execute the commands thus thinking of a gamepad. So what game pad did you use for PC games?

Old 14-04-2018, 01:21 PM   #9

Btw xbox controller is compatible with PC games right?

Microsoft designed the controllers to be compatible with both Xbox and windows. Don't worry. Provided the game supports Xinput which the get will state that it's compatible with controllers.

Since ff15 was a console game first, it obviously supports controllers
Old 14-04-2018, 01:43 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

But ytd I bought FF15 and realised that keyboard very hard to execute the commands thus thinking of a gamepad. So what game pad did you use for PC games?

PC games? Mouse and keyboard accuracy

A console game on a PC is still a console game

Play an instrument IRL and hear him say how inaccurate the sound is
wwenze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 02:14 PM   #11

Maybe I didnt elaborate well. After switching to PC games. I bought 2 games which are FF13 and we are billions. Using keyboard was a breeze. Then when i installed FF15, I thought buying a gamepad could be easier coz when i played the game, I found it hard to coordinate the movements using keyboard. Therefore my question to you was - do you play games on your PC? If so, using keyboard or gamepad? If gamepad, what brand are you using just to get a sensing

Old 14-04-2018, 02:18 PM   #12

Maybe I didnt elaborate well. After switching to PC games. I bought 2 games which are FF13 and we are billions. Using keyboard was a breeze. Then when i installed FF15, I thought buying a gamepad could be easier coz when i played the game, I found it hard to coordinate the movements using keyboard. Therefore my question to you was - do you play games on your PC? If so, using keyboard or gamepad? If gamepad, what brand are you using just to get a sensing

I use gamepads depending on games. If it's games like nba where the analog is used often, definitely gamepad. Fps games like rainbow six siege, will use kb/mouse. Using PS4 controller simply because I have PS4 and am not willing to invest on another gamepad. Have to use 3rd party tools for non-steam games and steam to configure the controller.

That's why Xbox controller is great. No additional software required as it's natively supported by windows
wwenze likes this.
Old 14-04-2018, 02:45 PM   #13

Oic. Got a clearer picture now. Many tks

Old 14-04-2018, 04:17 PM   #14

I have decided to get the Xbox controller. There are a few 3rd part selling at carousell like the one below. Anyone has used this before and how was the experience? Im ok without the 3.5mm audio and wireless

Xbox One Wired Controller for S$20 https://sg.carousell.com/p/164240651

Old 14-04-2018, 04:18 PM   #15

http://Xbox One Wired Controller for...om/p/164240651

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.