HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Which shop to get gaming desktop?

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2020, 08:49 AM   #16

Even if that is so I still suggest getting from the likes of dreamcore and aftershock. I ever have my graphics card broke down and it took almost 3months plus before the authorized agent return my repaired graphics card to me coz they need to send it to Taiwan to fix it.

For ppl like dreamcore and aftershock they will have ready stock to replace ur damaged pc. And it takes at most a week or two for them to return to me a working one. Until u encounter breakdown of system then u will know why diy is no longer viable. At least this is the way I see it.
Which distro didn't do a 1-to-1 exchange and made you wait for the repairs? I want to avoid said distro.

I've never experienced a GPU break down. But I did experience my NZXT LED lightstrip became spoilt. I took this opportunity to see how Tech Dynamic's RMA experience is like. Tech Dynamic is the official distributor for Zotac and EVGA. It was relatively simple and fast. Brought my receipt and LED lightstrip, and they did a 1-to-1 exchange right on the spot. This is what the distro should do.
Your experience is shocking. So I'd appreciate you sharing this distro so that I'd avoid their products.
LiLAsN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 02:19 AM   #17
Master Member

Which distro didn't do a 1-to-1 exchange and made you wait for the repairs? I want to avoid said distro.

I've never experienced a GPU break down. But I did experience my NZXT LED lightstrip became spoilt. I took this opportunity to see how Tech Dynamic's RMA experience is like. Tech Dynamic is the official distributor for Zotac and EVGA. It was relatively simple and fast. Brought my receipt and LED lightstrip, and they did a 1-to-1 exchange right on the spot. This is what the distro should do.
Your experience is shocking. So I'd appreciate you sharing this distro so that I'd avoid their products.
You must be new to gpu rma...it's 90% send overseas for repair and meanwhile you have no card. Yes, some may loan you a card but I ever heard the loaned card is those 730 type.

That is why you now see gigabyte sticker emphasizing '1 to 1 exchange for 1st year'...that is a selling point.
LiLAsN likes this.

Last edited by Richliao; 16-11-2020 at 09:55 AM..
Richliao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 02:28 AM   #18
Master Member

Even if that is so I still suggest getting from the likes of dreamcore and aftershock. I ever have my graphics card broke down and it took almost 3months plus before the authorized agent return my repaired graphics card to me coz they need to send it to Taiwan to fix it.

For ppl like dreamcore and aftershock they will have ready stock to replace ur damaged pc. And it takes at most a week or two for them to return to me a working one. Until u encounter breakdown of system then u will know why diy is no longer viable. At least this is the way I see it.
You have experience claiming from aftershock? Did they take away the whole pc to troubleshoot? Or just gpu?
Richliao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 08:11 AM   #19

You have experience claiming from aftershock? Did they take away the whole pc to troubleshoot? Or just gpu?
They took back my whole pc to troubleshoot and replace the damaged part. Accordingly to them previously they can troubleshoot and fix on the spot but due to corvid virus protocol requires them to bring it back to fix it.
Richliao likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.