LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2020, 09:47 AM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which shop to get gaming desktop?

Can recommend a reputable shop?
only_lonely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 12:45 PM   #2

Dreamcore, for the 3 year in-house warranty and service. But they only use MSI GPUs. And MSI GPUs are not necessarily the best whether NVDIA or AMD. Not really value for money, but the branded parts they use are top notch except for PSU (I don't why system builders like to skimp on PSU). But you can negotiate to change to a more reliable PSU brand/model. I will still recommend them over Aftershock, Typhoon or Mansa. You hear many good things about them.

As a disclaimer, I didn't get mine from them because of value for money. For $50 less, I got from another system builder a better GPU and changed to a Seasonic 80+ GOLD PSU, although the component brands are less "reputable" and lesser notch compared to the parts used by Dreamcore. The case is also inferior to Dreamcore's Ghost V3. You pay for what you get, but I'm satisfied with what I paid for in terms of gaming performance.
Jurchen King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 09:22 AM   #3
Master Member

i am a user of Dreamcore, their pc is good.

WIZ*ONE and UJUNG
Trueblue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 11:53 AM   #4

Dreamcore, for the 3 year in-house warranty and service. But they only use MSI GPUs. And MSI GPUs are not necessarily the best whether NVDIA or AMD. Not really value for money, but the branded parts they use are top notch except for PSU (I don't why system builders like to skimp on PSU). But you can negotiate to change to a more reliable PSU brand/model. I will still recommend them over Aftershock, Typhoon or Mansa. You hear many good things about them.

As a disclaimer, I didn't get mine from them because of value for money. For $50 less, I got from another system builder a better GPU and changed to a Seasonic 80+ GOLD PSU, although the component brands are less "reputable" and lesser notch compared to the parts used by Dreamcore. The case is also inferior to Dreamcore's Ghost V3. You pay for what you get, but I'm satisfied with what I paid for in terms of gaming performance.
Which builder you go to?
gamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 07:31 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

Fortran from hwz
Bertrand Traore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 03:51 PM   #6
Master Member

Reputable in terms of what? If you afraid to be chop carrot...you can always ask for a quote first then go compare.

If you not sure if the parts are suitable as a whole you can seek advice from hwz too...
Richliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 04:37 PM   #7

can try pctheme, look for yilong. let him know your budget
origamii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 01:27 AM   #8

Fuwell at simlim square is good
Rainofswords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 07:24 AM   #9

I think best to get either from the likes of dreamcore or aftershock. The main thing is warranty. DIY warranty only one year totally not worth it. Not forgetting tat it arenít tat cheap to build one urself.

Last edited by maxsee039; 15-10-2020 at 09:58 AM..
maxsee039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2020, 12:22 PM   #10
Master Member

I think best to get either from the likes of dreamcore or aftershock. The main thing is warranty. DIY warranty only one year totally not worth it. Not forgetting tat it arenít tat cheap to build one urself.
??did warranty only one year? Diy parts is based on agent...one thing I don't like about buying from dreamcore and aftershock is that parts warranty maybe shorter when compared to agent as you cannot bring their parts and go agents to claim.

For eg, if they are using zotac gpu, agent gives 5 years warranty but they only give 3 years.
Richliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 09:31 AM   #11

??did warranty only one year? Diy parts is based on agent...one thing I don't like about buying from dreamcore and aftershock is that parts warranty maybe shorter when compared to agent as you cannot bring their parts and go agents to claim.

For eg, if they are using zotac gpu, agent gives 5 years warranty but they only give 3 years.
Even if that is so I still suggest getting from the likes of dreamcore and aftershock. I ever have my graphics card broke down and it took almost 3months plus before the authorized agent return my repaired graphics card to me coz they need to send it to Taiwan to fix it.

For ppl like dreamcore and aftershock they will have ready stock to replace ur damaged pc. And it takes at most a week or two for them to return to me a working one. Until u encounter breakdown of system then u will know why diy is no longer viable. At least this is the way I see it.
Old 17-10-2020, 03:00 PM   #12

Even if that is so I still suggest getting from the likes of dreamcore and aftershock. I ever have my graphics card broke down and it took almost 3months plus before the authorized agent return my repaired graphics card to me coz they need to send it to Taiwan to fix it.

For ppl like dreamcore and aftershock they will have ready stock to replace ur damaged pc. And it takes at most a week or two for them to return to me a working one. Until u encounter breakdown of system then u will know why diy is no longer viable. At least this is the way I see it.
Agree. I recommend aftershock.
lordjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 04:43 PM   #13

I got Mansa Computer's gamebox (?) build with a few upgrades. Nice fellas and quick delivery. You can consider them
whysoserioushuh likes this.
Emmalinzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2020, 02:06 PM   #14

bumpppppppppppppp
woojc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 07:59 AM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

I just bought aftershock Impulse around $1900.

Yes it is expensive... But still better than i buy from big brand name manufacturers.

For people who don't really know how to troubleshoot pc, such retailers will be suitable for u. I know how to troubleshoot, but i have other reasons as well to buy it.

Sent from Samsung SM-G970F using GAGT
rarenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.