HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Singtel self-install?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2016, 04:57 PM   #1

Singtel self-install?

Hi guys! I'm planning to inherit a Singtel Fibre plan from a friend. However Singtel says I'll need to pay $90 for installation at my house.

I'm pretty IT savvy so I thought why not I install it on my own instead, if its just configuration of DNS and stuff which I can easily extract from my friend's current setup.

Does anyone know whether this is possible? Or die die have to let Singtel earn this $$$....

TIA guys!
silentkiller988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 10:30 PM   #2

No replies... anyone....
Old 25-09-2016, 10:36 PM   #3

Hi guys! I'm planning to inherit a Singtel Fibre plan from a friend. However Singtel says I'll need to pay $90 for installation at my house.

I'm pretty IT savvy so I thought why not I install it on my own instead, if its just configuration of DNS and stuff which I can easily extract from my friend's current setup.

Does anyone know whether this is possible? Or die die have to let Singtel earn this $$$....

TIA guys!
there's nothing to be configured for fibre. all are just physical setup and checking for light source at your ftp point to ensure it's working well.
symbiote28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 07:23 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Beside singtel back end still need configure another IP address to your HDB and they have make sure your fibre port is not been use by other ISP b4 that.

PS why did u post this on game forum instead of internet and networking forum
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 09:28 AM   #5
Master Member

TIA guys!
think better for the technician to come down & make sure everything is setup properly.

i recalled that the engineer setup and did tests to show me that the connection was working properly.
swgj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 10:03 AM   #6

fibre is not plug and play

so that answer it
even certain thing might be simple, you have no visibility unless you are their technician.

so many selling fibre transfer but they think its so simple
ska13a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 04:53 PM   #7

PS why did u post this on game forum instead of internet and networking forum
ps ps... I realized I posted wrongly! Sorry guys for the confusion...
Old 26-09-2016, 04:55 PM   #8

Thanks @symbiote28 @swgj86 @ska13a!!

Conclusion: Fibre is complicated so boh pien have to call Singtel people to come.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.