HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

WASD headache

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2020, 05:07 PM   #1

Lightbulb WASD headache

I am a new gamer that just started playing Overwatch and CSGO a while ago and I am still adapting to using the WASD as directional control buttons. I sometimes press on the wrong keys which slow down my movements and this is really giving me a headache. How long do you guys usually take to get familiarised with the keys? Or do y’all have an alternative solution to use as a directional control? I am open to all suggestions, thank you! And do any of you face a similar situation?
Nightshade001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2020, 08:48 PM   #2

Play till u familiarised
RLWZ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2020, 06:26 PM   #3

burn pc, play at console using controller

if not just keep practise with wasd, if not maybe dont play games if cannot get use to it at all
Elysium87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2020, 03:27 PM   #4
Master Member

controller + mouse
rrr2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2020, 07:15 AM   #5
High Supremacy Member

Just use controller

Sent from Home using GAGT
invigo79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2020, 09:45 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am a new gamer that just started playing Overwatch and CSGO a while ago and I am still adapting to using the WASD as directional control buttons. I sometimes press on the wrong keys which slow down my movements and this is really giving me a headache. How long do you guys usually take to get familiarised with the keys? Or do y’all have an alternative solution to use as a directional control? I am open to all suggestions, thank you! And do any of you face a similar situation?
Most FPS players practice alot, some even use trainers. For a new player, Overwatch or CSGO may not be that good to practice on since they are rather competitive titles (even though free).

Perhaps you might want to practice on some single player FPS games first? There's plenty of SP titles you can play for free and are not so competitive.

Another possible solution - since you mentioned that you press incorrect keys, if your keyboard allows it, change your WASD keycaps to be more tactile, that way you can "feel" the right key to press. hope that helps and all the best.

if you genuinely need help, can find me on discord. link in signature.
Old 25-12-2020, 09:06 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

Play till when you open Word also your fingers are in WASD formation ..
reno77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.