HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

What can I play after Witcher 3?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2018, 11:35 PM   #1

What can I play after Witcher 3?

I havenít gamed for many years.

Recently I restarted after I was introduced to TW3. I was hooked, played hundreds of hours. Just completed.

Iím feeling at a loss. Trying to find a game that is comparable. For instance, I bought TW2, Skyrim. I spent some time on the latter but so far, Iím just not as drawn in as I was with TW3. Perhaps itís just the graphics.

Question: Are there any games out there that are really on par with TW3 in terms of graphics, smoothness of game play, combat system etc?
congster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:18 AM   #2

Recently I restarted after I was introduced to TW3. I was hooked, played hundreds of hours. Just completed.

Iím feeling at a loss. Trying to find a game that is comparable. For instance, I bought TW2, Skyrim. I spent some time on the latter but so far, Iím just not as drawn in as I was with TW3. Perhaps itís just the graphics.

Question: Are there any games out there that are really on par with TW3 in terms of graphics, smoothness of game play, combat system etc?
you finished including the dlc?
CrispyPeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:41 AM   #3

I am not aware of this as well. Where can we find the answer for this?

Did you find anywhere else?

I haven’t gamed for many years.

I’m feeling at a loss. Trying to find a game that is comparable. For instance, I bought TW2, Skyrim. I spent some time on the latter but so far, I’m just not as drawn in as I was with TW3. Perhaps it’s just the graphics.

pdsubraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:00 AM   #4
Master Member

I liked witcher3 a lot because of the storytelling and lore, but combat system? Thought it was pretty bland and meh..

To each his own I guess
Godeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:36 PM   #5

you finished including the dlc?
yep yep.... took my time already.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:37 PM   #6

I liked witcher3 a lot because of the storytelling and lore, but combat system? Thought it was pretty bland and meh..

To each his own I guess
Which game in your view has a better system? I'm open to new games and ideas.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:19 AM   #7

Though some of the games not fully open world, you can try the Batman Arkham series. Even though I'm not a fan of Batman, I find the series pretty good.
-Synchronicity- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:15 AM   #8

Try Assassin's creed origins. Great graphics and old Egypt looks amazing when moving around the open world and with photo mode you can be a virtual tourist with great photos to showIMHO.Below are some photos that I took

You might like to look for reviews or vids of the game.
Comparing the pro and cons of both would be too long to write so below is a vid comparing both that you might want to watch.

concept_fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #9

Thanks for the recommendations! I did consider AC origins. Did not try it yet because i was looking for a mix of sword and magic in combat. graphics wise I thought it looked really nice.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:53 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the recommendations! I did consider AC origins. Did not try it yet because i was looking for a mix of sword and magic in combat. graphics wise I thought it looked really nice.
i like witcher 3 very much too. other games that i found "comparable" strangely is yakuza 0 and kiwami. sure its not sword and magi, but character and story are just great. yakuza 6 will be out this march too
gigigigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:56 PM   #11

Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy. Then RAGE.
Nymphomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 08:53 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

Black Desert Online 100 times witcher 3

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT
jedi5diah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2018, 10:01 AM   #13

If you are looking for similar genre rpg that requires scale leveling, can look at these games
-Shadow of Mordor/War
-Assassin's creed origins
-Fallout 4
-Dragon Age inquisition

Sent from the moon using GAGT
BlackEarth91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.