HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

XPS 15” , RAZER BLADE 15” or MacBookPro 15”

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2018, 11:49 AM   #1

XPS 15” , RAZER BLADE 15” or MacBookPro 15”

Leaning more towards Razer & XPS, but don’t know which to choose between those two, gonna do content creation, graphic design & video/photo edits.
joellimmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 11:23 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

XPS 15. Or wait till the new MacBook pro with 8th Gen CPU is out. My Razer Blade 14 died around the 13th or 14th month so... Wouldn't recommend Razer laptop to anyone.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT
Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 02:16 PM   #3
Master Member

XPS 15. Or wait till the new MacBook pro with 8th Gen CPU is out. My Razer Blade 14 died around the 13th or 14th month so... Wouldn't recommend Razer laptop to anyone.

it died due to what reasons?

13-14 months is extremely BAD for a laptop. I expect a laptop to run at least 3 years and even then, it should not be broken, just slow.
Old 23-06-2018, 06:26 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

it died due to what reasons?

13-14 months is extremely BAD for a laptop. I expect a laptop to run at least 3 years and even then, it should not be broken, just slow.
The battery just wouldn't charge beyond 40-50%. Did some troubleshooting as per Razer's instruction provided in the email but still couldn't solve it. And I didn't game at all on the Blade 14. Only watched YouTube videos on it. And the battery will drain by itself within 1 week even when I don't turn it on.

Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 11:07 AM   #5
Master Member

The battery just wouldn't charge beyond 40-50%. Did some troubleshooting as per Razer's instruction provided in the email but still couldn't solve it. And I didn't game at all on the Blade 14. Only watched YouTube videos on it. And the battery will drain by itself within 1 week even when I don't turn it on.

This is where I am impressed by Mac OS. If you rest a computer at 90% battery, for a week, it will be like 89% when you start it.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.