AFTERSHOCK PC - Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards!

sumeone

Reaction score
hello just bought a xs15 from the it show and tried to plug it into my tv using hdmi cable but failed to do so any solutions?

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Hey Sumeone, For HDMI to tv, theres a channel you must select to view. Could we get your name? will give you a call to guide you. Just drop us a PM.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But are these add-ons actually worth 1000 bucks more?

Yes if you intend to game with high graphical settings. The GTX 765M may be fast, but not sufficient for newer games to run at high settings. If you are not a graphical demanding gamer, you can still opt for an X17 series will a slower card.

RuiQi_91

Reaction score
i got the X17S today.. its awesome!

currently downloading gw2 and cant wait to test it out.

Pls try WvW in GW2 and tell me it doesnt lag with a huge zerg around :s22:
Hope there wont be a zerg at the Aftershock booth when i come :s22:

LosGuardian

Reaction score
Well I'll be using my laptop for some war craft, dota, LOL and black ops 2 so I'm currently torn between the XG17 and x17s as I need a desktop replacement so any suggestions?

RuiQi_91

Reaction score
With regards to performance , is there a significant difference between the titan and the X15S ? The discounted price is close but it does not look portable at all.

chiaRH

Reaction score
With regards to performance , is there a significant difference between the titan and the X15S ? The discounted price is close but it does not look portable at all.

The Titan is over 4 kilos so definitely not portable. Well you can move it around the house but i wouldnt recommend walking or taking public transport with such a thing in your bag.

And dont forget the adapter itself isnt too portable either, haha
What does it take to power a dual-graphics-card gaming notebook? | No Game No Talk

sumeone

Reaction score
hello will you be at the it show today after 5pm? it is regards to the hdmi issue

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The Titan runs dual graphic, at 17.3 inch, and a hefty looking power brick. This def is not your run in the mill laptop, but a true desk top replacement. The SLI GTX680M will outclass any single graphic solution if its supported in a particular game.

If you are looking for mobility, then you should go for the X15S. ;)

manford

Reaction score
XG17 - my experience with Aftershock

Hi Marcus and the Team

I have finally get down to get familiar with new laptop, still not used to Win 8 but managed to download some of my softwares into it, anyway, it would be good, I think, that I share my initial impression and experience with you and everybody .....

To start off - I am looking around for an ideal desktop replacement for my aging PC (on W Vista) and decided that a gaming laptop would suit me fine as I required a good performing unit with powerful graphic processing. Only a few choices are available in the market ie. Alienware, MSI, Razor and the mass market vendor like Asus and Lenovo. Price consideration and appeal are another factor in the overall decision making.

I have been reading most of Aftershock related threads in this forum and was impressed with the positive feedback, reviews and glowing comments from various users and customers.... and this is for a new and small local setup. Wow, why not, I say to myself...hmmmm, I was seriously considering... but then again, hesitating... (it is a small time, local startup).

Went to Funan showroom on Wednesday evening to test out the display sets (it looks more like a kiosk or a booth). Actually, I was eyeing XG17 (I need a 17" screen), but kind of a disappointed as they have the old X17 model on display. So can't really try out the actual performance and physical feel of the XG17 model. Michael was there and helpful to explain some aspects of the system. Nevermind, i guessed that they must have brought it to the PC Show for demo and promotion.

Managed to dash off to the PC Show on Thursday early evening before the crowd chiong in. Aftershock booth is tucked in one corner of the expo hall. Finally, get to touch, feel, test the actual model. Managed to chat with Marcus briefly... (He is the Man.... he know his products well).

My first impression of XG17 was good, the built quality is decent enough though it is not of alum chassis. I would assumed that the plastic chasis is tough enough and that helps to bring the overall weight down. I don't find it too heavy at all. The aesthetic is acceptable, though it is definitely not clean-looking like the Mac Pro or edgey like Alienware with all the flashy colour led lights.... but decent and clean enough with faux brush alum feel, no unnecessary logo or design gimmick here. On performance wise, just play around a bit, so can't really tell but seemed to handle the demoed games rather well. The 17" is really bright and sharp, don't like the matt screen, too grainy for my liking so I opt for the grossy one.

So I m quite pleased with the actual model.... place order with customisation, pay the deposit and specifically mentioned to collect at Serangoon outlet.

Come Saturday, went down to Serangoon to collect... really looking forward to it.... really, really... a brand new laptop in years (probably 10). High Anticipation..... Got there, step in, saw Ivan, gave my name.... got a puzzled look from him.............. oh no...
'Your laptop is at the PC Show.... they have brought it there'.. What ! ooxxooa!???!? sigh...
Anyway, after some exchanges and call to their Team at the Show, Joe rushed down immediately with my unit. It take him 1 hr due to the congestion at Expo carparks and heavy traffic (hat off to him). By then outside is getting dark, and the temperature has dropped by a few degrees...
Ivan was kind enough to run through the setup, the system configurations, etc with me. It is short one as I am already running late... so packed up, pay up and dashed out with my new toy... Hee, quite happy with it, at last.

Got home after my dinner, everywhere is so crowded, don't know why. Unpack, plug in, boot up, click here and there..... All system goes.....! Yeah

In summary, Aftershock is really geared up for the PC Show and I guess everything is quite a rush as more customers are buying and taking advantage of the promotion offer. So can't really blame them and they REALLY rush down with my laptop to the shop for me.....I must say thanks to Joe. They managed to put in all effort to provide best possible service to please every customers.... albeit some hiccup.

All in all, Aftershock provides a good product with customization and good service.... and the laptop has met my expectation (for the moment, need to use it for a longer period). Good, high end spec and reasonable price.... and they are serious about selling a good product to you that you want. A locally assembled product that is up against the more established players and is up to the mark. I really hope that they are in for the long haul .... (sound like a testimonial or assessment, isn't it). Will update with further findings in future.

Ps : I forgot to ask whether the screen calibration has been carried out, how do I verify that on the laptop ?

cheers.... :)

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The color calibration is hard to quantify to the untrained eyes, unless you have some specialized equipment. I think the color on my X17 monitor looks great anyways, and should be the same on the matt display. Enjoy man! ;)

chiaRH

Reaction score
If i'm not wrong, the folder where colour profiles are stored is C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color

I forgot what's the filename of the Spyder4Elite-created colour profile though.

LosGuardian

Reaction score
Heading down to the pc show now hoping that there are sweeter deals since its the last day and hope to get an aftershock lappy :)

sumeone

Reaction score
HDMI issued fixed. very impressed with the after purchase service will definitely support aftershock in the future :s12:

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Marcus and the Team

I have finally get down to get familiar with new laptop, still not used to Win 8 but managed to download some of my softwares into it, anyway, it would be good, I think, that I share my initial impression and experience with you and everybody .....

To start off - I am looking around for an ideal desktop replacement for my aging PC (on W Vista) and decided that a gaming laptop would suit me fine as I required a good performing unit with powerful graphic processing. Only a few choices are available in the market ie. Alienware, MSI, Razor and the mass market vendor like Asus and Lenovo. Price consideration and appeal are another factor in the overall decision making.

I have been reading most of Aftershock related threads in this forum and was impressed with the positive feedback, reviews and glowing comments from various users and customers.... and this is for a new and small local setup. Wow, why not, I say to myself...hmmmm, I was seriously considering... but then again, hesitating... (it is a small time, local startup).

Went to Funan showroom on Wednesday evening to test out the display sets (it looks more like a kiosk or a booth). Actually, I was eyeing XG17 (I need a 17" screen), but kind of a disappointed as they have the old X17 model on display. So can't really try out the actual performance and physical feel of the XG17 model. Michael was there and helpful to explain some aspects of the system. Nevermind, i guessed that they must have brought it to the PC Show for demo and promotion.

Managed to dash off to the PC Show on Thursday early evening before the crowd chiong in. Aftershock booth is tucked in one corner of the expo hall. Finally, get to touch, feel, test the actual model. Managed to chat with Marcus briefly... (He is the Man.... he know his products well).

My first impression of XG17 was good, the built quality is decent enough though it is not of alum chassis. I would assumed that the plastic chasis is tough enough and that helps to bring the overall weight down. I don't find it too heavy at all. The aesthetic is acceptable, though it is definitely not clean-looking like the Mac Pro or edgey like Alienware with all the flashy colour led lights.... but decent and clean enough with faux brush alum feel, no unnecessary logo or design gimmick here. On performance wise, just play around a bit, so can't really tell but seemed to handle the demoed games rather well. The 17" is really bright and sharp, don't like the matt screen, too grainy for my liking so I opt for the grossy one.

So I m quite pleased with the actual model.... place order with customisation, pay the deposit and specifically mentioned to collect at Serangoon outlet.

Come Saturday, went down to Serangoon to collect... really looking forward to it.... really, really... a brand new laptop in years (probably 10). High Anticipation..... Got there, step in, saw Ivan, gave my name.... got a puzzled look from him.............. oh no...
'Your laptop is at the PC Show.... they have brought it there'.. What ! ooxxooa!???!? sigh...
Anyway, after some exchanges and call to their Team at the Show, Joe rushed down immediately with my unit. It take him 1 hr due to the congestion at Expo carparks and heavy traffic (hat off to him). By then outside is getting dark, and the temperature has dropped by a few degrees...
Ivan was kind enough to run through the setup, the system configurations, etc with me. It is short one as I am already running late... so packed up, pay up and dashed out with my new toy... Hee, quite happy with it, at last.

Got home after my dinner, everywhere is so crowded, don't know why. Unpack, plug in, boot up, click here and there..... All system goes.....! Yeah

In summary, Aftershock is really geared up for the PC Show and I guess everything is quite a rush as more customers are buying and taking advantage of the promotion offer. So can't really blame them and they REALLY rush down with my laptop to the shop for me.....I must say thanks to Joe. They managed to put in all effort to provide best possible service to please every customers.... albeit some hiccup.

All in all, Aftershock provides a good product with customization and good service.... and the laptop has met my expectation (for the moment, need to use it for a longer period). Good, high end spec and reasonable price.... and they are serious about selling a good product to you that you want. A locally assembled product that is up against the more established players and is up to the mark. I really hope that they are in for the long haul .... (sound like a testimonial or assessment, isn't it). Will update with further findings in future.

Ps : I forgot to ask whether the screen calibration has been carried out, how do I verify that on the laptop ?

cheers.... :)

Hello!

Marcus from AFTERSHOCK here. Thank you for the long testimonial of your experience with us from the PC show. Glad that your satisfied with the system :) Just let us know if you need our assistance in anyway. We're just a message away.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.