AFTERSHOCK PC - Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards!

finclk82

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with their Aftershock Vapour series that has 92mWh battery?

Same as Gigabyte Aero 15 series.

chiaRH

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with their Aftershock Vapour series that has 92mWh battery?

Same as Gigabyte Aero 15 series.

don't hope for local impressions since this thing was literally announced a week ago. even if someone in SG already ordered they might not even have collected their unit yet.

that being said it just looks like a Aero 15 competitor. It's aimed at being thin with large battery, and even takes similar cues like omitting a 2.5 inch drive bay and just going for double M.2, although Aero still has numpad and this doesn't.

there is some precedent being set by a relative of the vapour, the Eluktronics Mag 15 which is the exact same machine that was the first to be announced with it (other brands like aftershock only announced theirs now). Whatever intel involvement was, this is by and large a tongfang (same guys who made the Apex) OEM chassis.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...element-fusion-15-mag-15-vapor-15-pro.830272/

Follow jarrodtech on youtube too, they did get a unit of the vapour and will likely have a review vid in near future
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2Rzju32yQPkQ7oIhmeuLwg

Last edited:

Ks1991

Reaction score
Got a slate 15 at 2175 without windows OS and SSD, 16gb ram and 2060 6gb . ETA - 10 OCT..hope I don't regret !

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Got a slate 15 at 2175 without windows OS and SSD, 16gb ram and 2060 6gb . ETA - 10 OCT..hope I don't regret !

Hmmm why don’t want ssd?

All those never buy os and msoffice all use chiong one issit?

Ks1991

Reaction score
Hmmm why don’t want ssd?

All those never buy os and msoffice all use chiong one issit?
I got my windows 8 key back in poly days, will use it to activate windows 10.

SSD:
I purchased Samsung Evo plus SSD 1TB NVMe m.2 at 349

Ms office:
I got the school provided MS office for free too.

osmond19

Reaction score
Is lunar14 pre order worth it? Not really into heavy gaming and was attractive to its' 1kg light weight...

runforyourlife

Reaction score
I got my windows 8 key back in poly days, will use it to activate windows 10.

SSD:
I purchased Samsung Evo plus SSD 1TB NVMe m.2 at 349

Ms office:
I got the school provided MS office for free too.

Ssd u ask aftershock install for u ah? Or oneself do?

Wa so good free office.

Ks1991

Reaction score
Ssd u ask aftershock install for u ah? Or oneself do?

Wa so good free office.

I will probably install for myself, I have my concern for aftershock technical knowledge after the below queries.

ME: May I check if the ADATA XPG SXB8200 PRO PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD is compatible and can be installed under the first M.2 SSD Bay of SLATE 15.

AS: We will not be able to change to the Adata spectrix RAMs as the RAMs is only for desktop and for laptops you will need it to be a so-dimm side RAMs

I really hope I do not regret my decision to try AS.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
I will probably install for myself, I have my concern for aftershock technical knowledge after the below queries.

ME: May I check if the ADATA XPG SXB8200 PRO PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD is compatible and can be installed under the first M.2 SSD Bay of SLATE 15.

AS: We will not be able to change to the Adata spectrix RAMs as the RAMs is only for desktop and for laptops you will need it to be a so-dimm side RAMs

I really hope I do not regret my decision to try AS.

Lol, do yourself then. Maybe miscommunication.

Where u msg them? Fb!?

chiaRH

Reaction score
Email bro.

But .... How does the miscommunication happen... Lol

if u ask human to do anything, human error always a possibility

to answer your question, it looks like based on the config page of the slate 15 on the site, both the 1st and 2nd SSD slots work with PCIE NVME, so your SSD shouldn't have any trouble in compatibility.

but the 'first' slot as defined by aftershock always refers to the slot that they use to install the OS on. For this reason when you customise your spec, the first slot always doesn't have a 'none' option to choose. So if you wanna put in your own SSD, and then ask them to install the OS on it, need to confirm with them further are they ok with that.

Ks1991

Reaction score
if u ask human to do anything, human error always a possibility

to answer your question, it looks like based on the config page of the slate 15 on the site, both the 1st and 2nd SSD slots work with PCIE NVME, so your SSD shouldn't have any trouble in compatibility.

but the 'first' slot as defined by aftershock always refers to the slot that they use to install the OS on. For this reason when you customise your spec, the first slot always doesn't have a 'none' option to choose. So if you wanna put in your own SSD, and then ask them to install the OS on it, need to confirm with them further are they ok with that.

I don't disagree with human errors being inevitable.

I assumed and expect that the AS staff who attend to my email will do a simple search on the SSD stated before any attempt to response to my queries on compatibility.

But instead it is a template response which really disappoints me, especially as a first time customer. Regardless, I still went ahead and give it a try with AS.

Indeed first slot are more than often defined by vendors to be the storage where the operating system resides. and I did make a special request to AS if they could help me with the installation, but they replied with incompatible thus unable to assist.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.