AFTERSHOCK PC - Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards!

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Fxloading,

Your in the right thread :). The X17 is a single GPU machine, while the Titan supports Duel GPU

chiaRH

Reaction score
sorry if in wrong thread, what is the different between x17 & Titan?

the titan is bigger heavier and supports SLI of 2 GPUs. Connectivity-wise it also got 1 more USB than the X17 but has fewer display outputs (the Titan has only Displayport and HDMI while X17 has both plus one DVI). I think the Titan also has Creative soundblaster XFI MB2.

Material-wise both are plastic with aluminium and some rubber but the X17 is aluminium touchpad + lid while Titan is aluminium keyboard bezel only (lid is rubber). The Titan is glossy on touchpad and X17 is glossy on display bezel.

Anyway I've been reading this thread
http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/716898-p1xxsm-user-manual-posted.html

looks like the new generation of clevo will have sort of like 2 different "models", one is the same design we see now in the X15 and X17, and another has a slightly more tackier design for each (models B and E in the diagrams on the first post) with angular shapes and even illuminated touchpad.

Of more interest to me is the creative xfi MB3 they mentioned... hopefully it means that it's possible these future models won't have issues with bass output when using 2.0 headphones like in the current PxxxEM generation though I believe to address that, Clevo needs to relook at the DAC or other hardware)

Last edited:

saberlancer

Reaction score
Just wondering, I'm looking x15 for Lightroom & some photoshop, do you have these 2 on display comp for tryouts? Thx

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Dear SaberLancer, Drop me a PM on when you want to test these:) We can set it up for you to test.

Last edited:

fxloading

Reaction score
Hi Fxloading,

Your in the right thread :). The X17 is a single GPU machine, while the Titan supports Duel GPU

Thx for the info, will consider to buy x17 next coming PC show, hopefully got better deal :)

the titan is bigger heavier and supports SLI of 2 GPUs. Connectivity-wise it also got 1 more USB than the X17 but has fewer display outputs (the Titan has only Displayport and HDMI while X17 has both plus one DVI). I think the Titan also has Creative soundblaster XFI MB2.

Material-wise both are plastic with aluminium and some rubber but the X17 is aluminium touchpad + lid while Titan is aluminium keyboard bezel only (lid is rubber). The Titan is glossy on touchpad and X17 is glossy on display bezel.

Anyway I've been reading this thread
P1xxSM User Manual Posted!

looks like the new generation of clevo will have sort of like 2 different "models", one is the same design we see now in the X15 and X17, and another has a slightly more tackier design for each (models B and E in the diagrams on the first post) with angular shapes and even illuminated touchpad.

Of more interest to me is the creative xfi MB3 they mentioned... hopefully it means that it's possible these future models won't have issues with bass output when using 2.0 headphones like in the current PxxxEM generation though I believe to address that, Clevo needs to relook at the DAC or other hardware)

thx so much chiaRH for such details info :s12:

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Display set clearance deals.

We are offering a special Price for our display sets from our recent roadshows and events. These systems have only been on display for 1-2 days at a recent roadshow and are practically brand new. (Perfect condition.)

All units taken. Thanks for the support.

Last edited:

aptget

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no warranty for all accept titan ?

check FB, someone else asked the same :D

chiaRH

Reaction score
Found another new issue that I like to bring to attention, I think the webcam drivers on the current clevo models may not be compatible with skype or something, as I found in a video chat recently that the video output from the built-in Bisoncam NB Pro experienced a lot of flickering.

No other program that used the webcam seems to experience this at the moment.

Similar issue experienced by other Clevo owners:
Webcam not working properly in Windows 8 - Skype Community

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Chia RH,

I believe the thread you linked actually contained a solution for this:

I believe on most machines that problem would not occur. However a lot of people who have gaming rigs or who like to personalize their graphics, force their anti-alias and other graphics settings onto every application in the Nvidia or ATI control panels. You either need to change your default/global settings for your graphics card back to factory default or specify the Skype.exe and set a custom profile to disable any anti-alias or filtering settings that could affect the Skype application when processing video.

Do note however, this issue appeared with the latest version of skype (as many users mentioned they only got this after a skype update.) according to some of the users (in the thread that you linked.), and is likely not related to the webcam drivers. I think it would be good to briefly follow this thread for updates, as i'm pretty sure it will be patched shortly.

Last edited:

chiaRH

Reaction score
I doubt it's AA-related since the default global setting in my nvidia control panel is set to application-controlled AA.

I've also just discovered the flickering strangely exists in one very peculiar scenario outside Skype as well. After running the BisonCap program to see if I could troubleshoot, I found that if the video output is specifically set to 1280 by 720 and the format is set to MJPEG, flickering will occur.

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi ChiaRH.

The user was stating Nvidia AA settings as one possible cause. I'm pretty sure he is just stating a general list of possible causes related to the nvidia control panel to explain his proposed solution. The user below his post did however state that this resolved it for him.

As you had inquired on the webcam before this, my guess is that you've used the webcam before without this issue on skype. Can you confirm if this occurred before the skype update?

*Just tested on skype version 6.3.0.107 and Nvidia 314.07 drivers. The issue does not occur with these drivers and application versions. (Could you drop me a PM with your skype and vid driver vesions?)

My suggestion then is that if you have a specific issue. you take take it down for us to help you troubleshoot. Do drop us a PM if you require assistance.

Last edited:

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Hey gyver1985,

The X17 uses MXM3 graphics cards . Top end cards are usually in the MXM3 format , such as the 7970m, 680m and 675m. The system also has a different and larger chassis from the x17, to accomodate these cards and the associated cooling systems( 2 fans instead of 1 in the xm17.).

The X17 also features a 2.1 sound system as compared to the XM17's 2.0, and support for up to 32GB of ram. (The XM17 supports up to 24GB.)

There are plenty of other small differences, but the major factor is the GPU support for most gaming consumers. Do drop us a PM if you have any questions.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
waiting for Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn and Witcher 3 to released before buying a gaming laptop to fully max those graphics.. :o

now buy its way too early. :o

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
waiting for Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn and Witcher 3 to released before buying a gaming laptop to fully max those graphics.. :o

now buy its way too early. :o

I think even now, most graphic solutions out there are having difficulties running Witcher 2 at max settings. If I not mistaken, even a single GTX680 for desktop will struggle in this game at max setting. :s13:

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think even now, most graphic solutions out there are having difficulties running Witcher 2 at max settings. If I not mistaken, even a single GTX680 for desktop will struggle in this game at max setting. :s13:

something wrong with the game eg. poorly optimized or laptop gaming couldn't keep it up ?

just saw witcher got this feature super sampling that can bring the even best pc to its knees. lol

Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
something wrong with the game eg. poorly optimized or laptop gaming couldn't keep it up ?

just saw witcher got this feature super sampling that can bring the even best pc to its knees. lol

Yes, that was what I meant. ;) I don't deny there might be something wrong with the implementation that poses a big challenge for most graphic cards. :s13:

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yes, that was what I meant. ;) I don't deny there might be something wrong with the implementation that poses a big challenge for most graphic cards. :s13:

i fear what witcher 3 and dragon age 3 max requirements.

think will need next generation processor and next generation dual graphic cards to run max settings smoothly.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i fear what witcher 3 and dragon age 3 max requirements.

think will need next generation processor and next generation dual graphic cards to run max settings smoothly.

I usually won't recommend dual graphics since the scaling is not that well in most games. It is most annoying when SLI or Crossfire don't work in some games due to driver limitation. I rather just get a single high end graphics and be happy with it. =:p

Anyway, my take is hoot first, worry later man. Haha. The wait will never be over if you are concerned about whether your current hardware can run game titles sometime down the road. ;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.