Corbell now distributes Gigabyte/Aorus Gaming Notebooks from 9th Aug 2018!

@Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
Gigabyte/Aorus Singapore Notebook Relaunch by Corbell Technology Pte Ltd on 9th Aug 2018

In conjunction with Singapore's 53rd birthday and Corbell being appointed as authorized distributor for Gigabyte/Aorus notebooks, we are pleased to partner Challenger Singapore for the relaunch and have lined up a few promotions to celebrate this happy occasion.

Available at the following locations;
> Challenger Bugis Flagship Store
> Challenger JEM
> Hachi.tech (https://bit.ly/2OpY9lK)

Promotion while stocks last! Grab them before they run out! šŸ˜Ž

More details here: https://www.gigabyte.com/sg/Laptop

38825376_2021997364499975_3292866737678057472_n.jpg

@Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
it's not a new brand, I saw it at IT show before, but Gamepro doesn't sell it anymore, might be quality issue or something

Yes Gigabyte gaming notebook is not a new brand. Last time was sold exclusive at Gamepro only.

But now relaunch by Corbell as the authorised distributor. For user, you have more places to purchase Gigabyte notebook now. :)

@Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
Gigabyte SABRE 15-K8 is another popular model here in Singapore. Now @ $1799 only.

Using latest 8th Gen IntelĀ® i7-8750H CPU
NVIDIAĀ® GTX 1050Ti 4GB
15.6" Full HD IPS WVA Anti-Glare Display with 72% NTSC
512GB SSD + 1TB HDD
16.7 Million Colors RGB Backlit Keyboard
Per-Key Macro Function
USB 3.1 Type-C
1+3 External Displays
Dual Array Microphones
Sound Blasterā„¢ Cinema 5

https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/Sabre-15-K8#kf

40438565_295826901217241_4730490328572755968_n.jpg

Last edited:

finclk82

Reaction score
I have been using the Gigabyte Aero 15 for a while and it is a good system that ticks off all my requirements of portability, speed, functionality, sleekness. Price is abit rich but is understandable given what this laptop can provide.

Very good especially for content creators with inclusion of a fast speed card reader.

@Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
Gigabyte Aero 15x review by HWZ! ;)

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/rev...otebook-review-small-improvements-go-long-way

"The Gigabyte Aero 15X v8 has all the makings of a great laptop. It improves on its predecessor in meaningful ways, adding in a higher refresh rate display, N-key rollover, and a faster UHS-II card reader. In doing so, it sticks to the same formula that made the original so good, boasting a slim and light aluminum chassis and seriously impressive battery life.

Given how crowded the field is today with laptops like the Razer Blade and MSI GS65 Stealth Thin, battery life is really what helps the laptop stand out. It wouldnā€™t be an exaggeration to say that it is the best out there, and the Aero 15X is really one of the rare few gaming laptops that can spend a reasonable amount of time away from a power socket."

Last edited:

@Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
Is the keyboard layout same as APEX15 which makes it difficult for typing?

Most ultra thin bezel designed notebooks come with rather similar keyboard that actually fits into the small footprint of the notebook. It's more of a personal preference, but you may wish to try out on the display unit that is available at Challenger Bugis Flagship Store or at Challenger JEM. ;)

chiaRH

Reaction score
Is the keyboard layout same as APEX15 which makes it difficult for typing?

yes it is more or less the same layout

apex
https://assets.hardwarezone.com/img/2018/07/aftershock-apex15-3.jpg

aero
https://img.purch.com/o/aHR0cHM6Ly9...kcy81NDI5L2cvZ2lnYWJ5dGUtYWVyby0xNS0wMDMuanBn

however nearly all laptops use that layout (theres some from asus etc that have a gap between numpad and the other half of the keyboard to isolate arrow keys more, but you have to look for those models)

these 2 machines merely have the keyboard edge to edge, because the slim bezel design means the entire device's total width is diminished.

Last edited:

@Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
Gigabyte AERO 15-W8 is our popular mid-end model here in Singapore. Now @ $3049 only.

Feature A:
*Ultra thin and light gaming notebook with 1.8 cm hight and 2.0 kg
*Powerful performance with 8th Gen. IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7-8750H
*NVIDIAĀ® GeForceĀ® GTX 1060 GDDR5 6GB
*512GB M.2 SSD
*5mm Thin Bezel FHD 144Hz IPS LCD
*Huge Battery Capacity, up to 10 hrs Battery Life
:eek:

Feature B:
*GIGABYTE FUSION Per key RGB Backlit Keyboard
*DolbyĀ® ATMOS with Gaming Radar
*X-rite Pantone Certified Display

Feature C:
*VR Ready
*HDMI 2.0 & mini DP 1.4 for output up to 4K at 60Hz
*Thunderbolt 3 port: One port that does it all

https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/AERO-15--i7-8750H#kf

40379662_295154757951122_7125148498348998656_o.jpg

Last edited:

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Gigabyte AERO 15-W8 is our popular mid-end model here in Singapore. Now @ $3049 only.

Feature A:
*Ultra thin and light gaming notebook with 1.8 cm hight and 2.0 kg
*Powerful performance with 8th Gen. IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7-8750H
*NVIDIAĀ® GeForceĀ® GTX 1060 GDDR5 6GB
*512GB M.2 SSD
*5mm Thin Bezel FHD 144Hz IPS LCD
*Huge Battery Capacity, up to 10 hrs Battery Life
:eek:

Feature B:
*GIGABYTE FUSION Per key RGB Backlit Keyboard
*DolbyĀ® ATMOS with Gaming Radar
*X-rite Pantone Certified Display

Feature C:
*VR Ready
*HDMI 2.0 & mini DP 1.4 for output up to 4K at 60Hz
*Thunderbolt 3 port: One port that does it all

https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/AERO-15--i7-8750H#kf

Been looking around for a thin and light laptop.
The price is a little bit out of my range....
Comex around the corner.

*ahem* any discounts at the show? *ahem*

chiaRH

Reaction score
Comex around the corner.

gamepro discounts their Aorus products by around 200-300 SGD during IT fairs

so have to decide if you look at the price as it is now, and imagine it were about 200+ bucks cheaper, does that make it fall within your range? cos if not then no point wait for IT fair also...

@Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
Comex around the corner.

Don't know yet but Challenger will be showcasing Gigabyte notebooks at Comex. :D

QQQ321

Reaction score
gamepro discounts their Aorus products by around 200-300 SGD during IT fairs

so have to decide if you look at the price as it is now, and imagine it were about 200+ bucks cheaper, does that make it fall within your range? cos if not then no point wait for IT fair also...

Gamepro already abandoned Gigabyte:s22:, Challenger may have different thought on pricing.:eek:

If only thinking about the spec, for business use, might be ok. For gaming, I will go for Apex-15.

chiaRH

Reaction score
Gamepro already abandoned Gigabyte:s22:, Challenger may have different thought on pricing.:eek:

If only thinking about the spec, for business use, might be ok. For gaming, I will go for Apex-15.

hm interesting, i still recall seeing them sell aorus stuff only a few months back

when challenger started selling msi gaming laptops, the brand did become a bit more visible. i think for gigabyte the main challenge is the aorus line is pure high end with no mid range offerings and even the aero is pretty pricey, crossing the 3k theshold and competing with the msi gs65

finclk82

Reaction score
One should only consider the gigabyte aero 15 if you need the portability and want something that you can bring around for work n game or creative work.

In fact other than the aero15, there is only the msi gs65 and Razer new 15 especially if battery is a key concern for u.

If you don't need the above factors, can go for more value for money options like aftershock.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.