HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Gtx1070 8th gen intel at $3500 budget

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2018, 05:28 PM   #1

Gtx1070 8th gen intel at $3500 budget

Recommendations? It's for my friend, keep telling that he can build dual gtx1080ti desktop w $3500 but he dw listen.
limjialok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 10:11 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Different people, different opinion. My take is to ask him to go test out these gaming laptops, i.e. to run some games. Perhaps the noise of the fan ramping up under load will turn him off.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 01:19 AM   #3

Recommendations? It's for my friend, keep telling that he can build dual gtx1080ti desktop w $3500 but he dw listen.
the question is did your friend explicitly state that they want a laptop

cos if he explicitly say it MUST be a laptop and u trying to suggest a desktop for whatever reason like performance per dollar, etc, maybe u r the one who dw listen
chiaRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 09:52 AM   #4

Different people, different opinion. My take is to ask him to go test out these gaming laptops, i.e. to run some games. Perhaps the noise of the fan ramping up under load will turn him off.
Will try! 10char
Old 18-04-2018, 09:53 AM   #5

the question is did your friend explicitly state that they want a laptop

cos if he explicitly say it MUST be a laptop and u trying to suggest a desktop for whatever reason like performance per dollar, etc, maybe u r the one who dw listen
Well, he wanted a new gaming rig. But is for home gaming, 1 day he ask abt gaming laptop due to the compactness but it will only be in his room as he alr have a ultra book for school work.

He only mentioned abt itx desktop seems bunky and etc
Old 24-04-2018, 04:05 PM   #6

If space is the concern, can update him on the SFF desktops.
Though still requires a monitor, keyboard & mouse. Good side is parts can be upgraded in the future.

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feat...e-their-weight
alvinym is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.