HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Looking for gaming laptop

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2018, 03:47 PM   #1
High Supremacy Member

Looking for gaming laptop

Looking for some recommendation for laptops. I've only looked at Aftershock laptop as that's the more "popular" model at the moment, Open to more recommendation.

S-17R, W-17S, MX-17 Elite, MX-17 Pro?
Looking at slightly bigger version like 17-inch. Weight wise below 5kg.
Budget wise, I'm ok with <5k, but the price should be really worthy of it, that's why i looked at a serial of different model from AS.
(The reason why i don't bother looking at AS-Titan)
Gaming wise, hope to play All PC game with ease and hope it can last say something like 3-5years and doesn't have any problem with the spec for gaming.
Old 28-01-2018, 04:37 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Looking for some recommendation for laptops. I've only looked at Aftershock laptop as that's the more "popular" model at the moment, Open to more recommendation.

Looking at slightly bigger version like 17-inch. Weight wise below 5kg.
Budget wise, I'm ok with <5k, but the price should be really worthy of it, that's why i looked at a serial of different model from AS.
(The reason why i don't bother looking at AS-Titan)
Gaming wise, hope to play All PC game with ease and hope it can last say something like 3-5years and doesn't have any problem with the spec for gaming.
No one can tell how long a notebook can last? You can buy extended warranty till 3 years.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 07:15 PM   #3

Instead of buying the most extreme spec today which is expensive (esp in laptop), would you not rather prefer to have the option of setting budget to either upgrade or replace in the future?
jace88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 10:02 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member

Instead of buying the most extreme spec today which is expensive (esp in laptop), would you not rather prefer to have the option of setting budget to either upgrade or replace in the future?
I'm looking at the option of changing bi-/annually as well. Was looking at MX-17 as well.
Reason being that i don't really like changing my electronics item frequently. Previous laptop lasted until it died. Desktop wise it lasted almost couple of years and the only thing i changed was GPU once. Keyboard yellowed/browned.
Still remember it was XP when people are all minimally on Win7 already.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:58 AM   #5

Alienware?
Dell comes with accidental warranty, meaning if you throw your laptop from 16 floors they will still repair for you on site
OKCANN is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.