Sager/Clevo Users' Lounge

finclk82

Reaction score
guys.. if i'm looking for the GTX780m graphics card from Sager and intend to buy while i'm in US, should i be looking at NP8250-S or NP8250 model?

Or are both of them the same Clevo backbone models?

Seems there's very significant savings of buying something and bringing it back on hand

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hi, after saw ur post i went to Aftershock to request them to check my laptop to ensure it is a graphic card problem. The person without open already say it is a graphic card problem.. and left me alone to entertainment other customer. ZzZzzzz

after that he say he will fb me how much i was quote if i request to change the graphic card when he ask sager in USA but already 1mth no reply from Aftershock. I guess they forget abit it. (I even ask if they want my email or contact a not, he say no need they will fb me.)

basically waste my time go there.

5 yr i thk better change lo

cuz CPU also abit obsolete? if still can tahan, den change ghx card lo, maybe can last another 2yr or so if no major fault failure

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, after saw ur post i went to Aftershock to request them to check my laptop to ensure it is a graphic card problem. The person without open already say it is a graphic card problem.. and left me alone to entertainment other customer. ZzZzzzz

after that he say he will fb me how much i was quote if i request to change the graphic card when he ask sager in USA but already 1mth no reply from Aftershock. I guess they forget abit it. (I even ask if they want my email or contact a not, he say no need they will fb me.)

basically waste my time go there.

Not sure if you asked what are they waiting for? May be it is Sagar that did not reply to them?

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi harky,

Do note that we are happy to assist everyone, including users such as yourself who had not actually purchased a system from us. Even though you had purchased the system elsewhere, we're happy to go out of our way to help. We will however give priority to our users, such as the individual who had come in for servicing. We give a priority to service for our existing customers rather than sales, as we feel that service is always #1

Your screen had artifacts, even at the bios level - a usual clear sign of a GPU issue. also noted the status of your gpu in the device manager.

We mentioned to you that we would drop you a response via facebook, which we did. I'm wondering if us removing the post off our front page affected that though. Did not receive a response from you on that and when i saw that you posted that you decided to go with a desktop instead, i assumed that you had decided not to go ahead. Below is your post after the visit that led us to believe this.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/77465205-post1382.html

dunno can tahan a not.. i had decide to change a desktop ...

We actually do read everything posted on these forums :)

Apologies if we had made the wrong assumption based on what you had posted.

Last edited:

CkJie05

Reaction score
i had posted my review here.

Eh Bro, thank you for sharing your opinion. But there is no need to go all out just to ease your grievance. You not happy, post on forum, ok. Why need to go to other threads, and direct readers to your post ?

I can assure you, i have met worse from the so called best pc repair shop. They can tell you "ya repair liao, totally change new gfx card" But when you check the bios revision and open up your mobo, the sticker and stuff all are what you had before. Paid 250$ and the problem still persisted. I think my experience lagi jialat, but i don't see a need to go around complain, write letter, direct people to my post. Say once can liao la.

If they really so jialat, customers automatically will fall one, no need you to worry.

Give others an opportunity to try Aftershock before you shoot la.
To be fair here, ya his initial post abit buay sai la, what aftershock customer priority? (Even if it is true, this sort of things keep inside your head, cannot say out one)
Customers always want to feel valued and who knows ? You may be rewarded for your efforts. How can you do it, in a way that protects both your customers and company's interest, will set you apart from the competition. that is what i feel la.

I'm sure we all learn from our experiences la tio bo ?

Cheers la. We are Sager Users, better help each other and don't let a certain group look us down, say what our Laptops lagi unstable. :D;)

Last edited by a moderator:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My sager gpu is die! Will not get Sager/Clevo, oversea custom laptop. As those shop in sg dont last long, who know after one yr they close shop liao.
Will looking forward to bake the laptop GPU. There another forum say can try baking, & many of them successful recovery gpu, if not throw away no choice.

Last edited:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hmmm Mucro.Asia no more lioa :eek:
think tht is the risk for buying custom laptop..

if buying laptop think i go for some brand one. easy to sell, easy to get part... so on so on.

hi guys so basically mucrosia and cubehub all went bankrupt? :vijayadmin:
and the only choice for someone in sg who wants to buy sager and etc is either aftershock, xoticpc and eurocomm?:s22: thnx

Last edited:

m32t8103

Reaction score
hmmm Mucro.Asia no more lioa :eek:
think tht is the risk for buying custom laptop..

if buying laptop think i go for some brand one. easy to sell, easy to get part... so on so on.

I wonder if we can get the part from Taiwan directly if local don't have Vendor for the parts.

=D Long Live Aftershock~

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
u can get part anywhere... but rma is a headache.. u need to ship back

I wonder if we can get the part from Taiwan directly if local don't have Vendor for the parts.

=D Long Live Aftershock~

ryantan89

Reaction score
Hi Aftershock, are there any intentions to sell sager ultra-thin notebooks that 2KGish?? Basically work-based laptops for programmers/software developers that deal in resource demanding projects (e.g. servers, vm, scientific data processing etc)

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
We'll be adding the halo back shortly :) If thats what you are referring to (slim, no dedicated GPU. high compute performance.). Drop us a PM if your interested.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.