Should i buy Alienware 15?

Reaction score
Hi all,i would like to purchase 15inch gaming laptop which must performance plus good.Weight acceptable for 3kg and below.I get a offer from a shop that selling me alienware gtx980m below 3k .My friend already bought this and he feedback to me is good plus alienware come with Killer Wifi AC 1525 and killer Lan as well.It will be better compare the intel wireless.
So should i go for alienware 15 or go for other brand?Beside,this is first time alienware selling below $3000 and get the top range of graphic card.
Or any other to recommend?

Last edited:
Reaction score
the Alienware 15 is a little over 7 pounds (3.1kg) in weight fyi

Ya,my mistake.I think around 3.1+kg after i see in their website again,but extra 100 to 200g still ok for me.
Do you know any other brand which is lighter and powerful?Minimum GTX980m because need to run adobe photoshop,illustrator ,3ds Max ,autocad & maya in my laptop.Beside good cooling system also very important for me as i using it for long hours.

chiaRH

Reaction score
to go below 3kg you have to look at the slim notebooks like the new Aorus X15 or Aftershock's S15.

Also the programs you mentioned are mostly openGL (geforce cards like 980M are optimised more for directx) so it might be worth looking deeper into the extent of tangible benefits you can get from hardware acceleration on those applications using a gaming GPU.

Reaction score
to go below 3kg you have to look at the slim notebooks like the new Aorus X15 or Aftershock's S15.

Also the programs you mentioned are mostly openGL (geforce cards like 980M are optimised more for directx) so it might be worth looking deeper into the extent of tangible benefits you can get from hardware acceleration on those applications using a gaming GPU.

Currently i using dell workstation which running in k2000m but the result is not as good as expected.I alway want to buy quodro card for my laptop for k4000m or latest k4100m laptop price confirm more than $4000 which over my budget.
For gtx980m gpu,after compare the spec i believe it will be better compare nvidia k2000m and i can play games as well with this machine.Aftershock S15 is good and come with 3 fan cooling system and can customize as well but if price not far different i think i go for Alienware because of warranty(accidentally damage coverage) and also built quality.Previously i not buy alienware because it really overprice but now it look attractive compare other brand.
Aorus x5 is slim but i heard havent sell in any place yet.

shadow_allan

Reaction score
yep get it!

I got one top specced for 2850 from the dell site.

you wont regret it, build quality is top notch.

Reaction score
yep get it!

I got one top specced for 2850 from the dell site.

you wont regret it, build quality is top notch.

Sure or not buy $2850 for dell website..U post the receipt or pm me then i believe lol..I call and check with dell and they say their price are fix lol...Please do not say nothing that impossible leh..

Last edited:

shadow_allan

Reaction score
Sure or not buy $2850 for dell website..U post the receipt or pm me then i believe lol..I call and check with dell and they say their price are fix lol...Please do not say nothing that impossible leh..

The first time it came out, it was quoted at 2999, so I jumped the gun... I chatted the dell sales rep and was able to get it at 2850.

A few days later the price changed to 3299 for the top spec.

Do I get a freebie from you If I show you the receipt? :D:D:D:s12::s12::s12:

Reaction score
The first time it came out, it was quoted at 2999, so I jumped the gun... I chatted the dell sales rep and was able to get it at 2850.

A few days later the price changed to 3299 for the top spec.

Do I get a freebie from you If I show you the receipt? :D:D:D:s12::s12::s12:

Hi Bro,i already call to dell and tell them and they tell me impossible they quote this price.So please do not do story at here and wasted ppl time lol....

ch3ster

Reaction score
Hi Bro,i already call to dell and tell them and they tell me impossible they quote this price.So please do not do story at here and wasted ppl time lol....

well if you are really following the alienware scene here you would know that it was first posted for 2999 for a couple of days in their website before changing it to 3299. 149 further discount for their top end 15in laptop seems reasonable :) but definitely you wont get that price now :D

shadow_allan

Reaction score

look for Elly Lim, she was the dell rep I had a chat with.
I told you, the top spec was at 2999 at that time and they gave it to me for 2850.
I few days later, the AW 15 top spec price was updated to 3299 thats why I see it is now impossible for them to give you 2850 hehe.

here is the quote excluding GST:

2a5alqb.jpg

15fqiw6.jpg

llleon

Reaction score
I think they put the price at 2999 only on the first day. When i was abt to order in the following day, the price changed to 3299 :(.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.