[AMA] with Cat Welfare Society [ENDED]

bosssaizo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
We have cut the 9pm mark.

Catwelfare can continue to answer the remaining questions or hang around a little longer if you want.

We'll move the thread to Pets Inner Circle next week~

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
do email info@catwelfare.org on exact location and timing of feeding so that we can investigate. do also try to put our feeding poster at the area to reach out to feeder as they may not know the correct way to do so. it can be found at www.catwelfare.org/educationmaterials

Just need to let the old folks know that they need to clean up after feeding them. If not will attract all the pests.

But sometimes it is hard. Some folks really don't like cats.

Thanks for the offer. But I don't think it'll help.

There are 3 of them old folks cat feeders. I highly doubt they'll change their ways.

Once I saw one of your CWS paper posted on the wall to remind them to clear the food and advice etc.... I assume cos someone complained.

After awhile, things resumed back to normal.

One of the old granny who feeds cats blatantly throws rice all over to feed pigeons.

So I don't think they'll listen. Cos there isn't anyone around to enforce the No-feeding-birds rule even when there are signs and banners around.

Sorry. Just need to rant. Cos I really hate the sh!tty pigeons :s13:

On my way to play with kittehs now

Lss

Honorary Member
Reaction score
The water is about 50 - 60 degrees if not wrong. Cuz use the bottle as a cat mother's body temperature so that baby mao mao can regulate its temperature.

Once the bottle cools down, will change the water :)

Humm its higher than i expected. So cute though :love:

bosssaizo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Humm its higher than i expected. So cute though :love:

Cuz when Boss found him, it was early in the morning and this poor fellow has been freezing. If it is too hot, he will move away from the bottle. :s13:

Minister

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nooo :( Got no time to take care.

Baby mao mao is only 3 days old so we need to find a nursing cat.

Posted on Cat Welfare Society Page but I think they are too busy. In the meantime, had to buy syringe and milk powder for mao mao lor.

Managed to find the maomao close group who in turn manage to find him a nursing cat.

SsCa7sG.jpg

i want to adopt baby kitten!!
so cute

but i am irresponsible af
so no thanks

Lss

Honorary Member
Reaction score
ok here goes

4960 cats sterilised last year
2400 cat complaints refered by TC, govt, condo, public handled humanely to prevent culling
283 cats helped though special appeals for covering their vet bills
cat culling rate has been dropping for last 8 years from 10,000 to last year 888.
we have 10 volunteers on committee
1 full time and 1 part time staff currently handling cases
30 core volunteers on the ground handling cases, sterilising cats

Thanks! Appreciate the effort answering in such detail.

RobinTeoHood

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. But I don't think it'll help.

There are 3 of them old folks cat feeders. I highly doubt they'll change their ways.

Once I saw one of your CWS paper posted on the wall to remind them to clear the food and advice etc.... I assume cos someone complained.

After awhile, things resumed back to normal.

One of the old granny who feeds cats blatantly throws rice all over to feed pigeons.

So I don't think they'll listen. Cos there isn't anyone around to enforce the No-feeding-birds rule even when there are signs and banners around.

Sorry. Just need to rant. Cos I really hate the sh!tty pigeons :s13:

On my way to play with kittehs now

Since they stated they are willing to investigate, why not just let them.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.