Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
Just checked with another supplier . He mentioned that Toshiba is good but its design is not suitable for Singapore. Reason being the cooling fins are dense and accumulate dust much faster and can cause choke to drainage if not maintained regularly . Need to visit and validate.

How much is the another supplier selling.

yamashita

Reaction score
Anyone know where is a good place to purchase Panasonic aircon? Visited Gaincity and they only have the previous model.

Last edited:

thelastname

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
looking to replace my current aircon at my place, has been 19 years, but haven on the aircon in the past 10 years or so..

looking at mitsubishi starmax sys3 for my home, have 3 rooms. which model should i be looking for?

the price difference between those smaller aircon company and big stores like GC/etc is almost 1k diff..
how much should i be expected to pay with everything installed, changed of pipes and bracket?

some companies charge 2.7k to 2.9k while those big company haven add anything already 3.6k++

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where is a good place to purchase Panasonic CU-XS9RKZ? Visited Gaincity and they only have the previous model - CU-S9PKZ.

Only for system 1? There are some good seller at renotalk can look up at there pm for the price

Peterho69

Reaction score
Anyone has information on Daikin Urusara 7? Is it suitable for split unit or can only link to 1 indoor unit?

Last edited:

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just sharing that there is an exhibition ongoing at Singapore Expo, Home Inspiration 2016 which I will be checking out to see any good deals. =:p

terumo

Reaction score
To thelastname,

Around $3k for system 3 is a reasonable price.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To precise,

Toshiba's compressors being made in Japan is true which are of good quality.

For the fins, actually most of the brands' fins are dense now.

duracellb

Reaction score
Hi Terumo

Pl may i get your advice on cooling 5-rm bto (living room, study, 2 bedroom, masterbed room)? I'm looking at MItsubishi Electric and the few shops i spoke to have different advice on the set up:

Advice 1
MXY4A28VA + 4 x MSYGE10VA (study, 2 bedrooms and masterbed room)
MUYGE24VA + MSGE24VA (Living Room)

Advice 2
MXY4A28VA + 3 x MSYGE10VA (study & 2 bedrooms) + 1 x MSYGE24VA (living room)
MUYGE13VA + MSYGE13VA (master bedroom)

Is it better to use the Single split for living or masterbed room? Masterbed room should take 9000 or 12000 btu? Thank you.

Last edited:

niktraci

Reaction score
Hi, I just got the Starmex system 3 installed at my place last week. I think I have gotten a nice deal from Best Tech $2799 only with installation and gst. The salesman was very helpful to explain all details and he even came personally to my place for a discussion, am quite surprised he did. Was comparing between Toshiba and Mitsubishi because it was 50 bucks cheaper but gave in to Starmex becos easy to maintain. Also was given some light vouchers and furniture voucher! Am going for shopping for my lights too.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just got the Starmex system 3 installed at my place last week. I think I have gotten a nice deal from Best Tech $2799 only with installation and gst. The salesman was very helpful to explain all details and he even came personally to my place for a discussion, am quite surprised he did. Was comparing between Toshiba and Mitsubishi because it was 50 bucks cheaper but gave in to Starmex becos easy to maintain. Also was given some light vouchers and furniture voucher! Am going for shopping for my lights too.

What insulation and copper pipe used?

niktraci

Reaction score
What insulation and copper pipe used?

The salesman told me he upgraded free insulation to Yamato insulation from Japan(white in color, different from black one and it comes in a bag of 45metre) and 23swg copper pipe. My hubby asked why the insulation so long and the salesman say it reduce condensation and then he also ask why it is not 22swg and he explained that they might tell u they use 22 but when they install time they will bring 23 or 24 one to cut cost which makes sense becos my hubby went to see my neighbour installation last week by some contractor so he kaypoh go and ask what pipe they using and they say 22 but then no packing one lei... only got marker write 22swg.. so hubby say better use reputable company for a/c, dun want to suffer leaking problem next time. Salesman was quite sincere and honest though.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
The salesman told me he upgraded free insulation to Yamato insulation from Japan(white in color, different from black one and it comes in a bag of 45metre) and 23swg copper pipe. My hubby asked why the insulation so long and the salesman say it reduce condensation and then he also ask why it is not 22swg and he explained that they might tell u they use 22 but when they install time they will bring 23 or 24 one to cut cost which makes sense becos my hubby went to see my neighbour installation last week by some contractor so he kaypoh go and ask what pipe they using and they say 22 but then no packing one lei... only got marker write 22swg.. so hubby say better use reputable company for a/c, dun want to suffer leaking problem next time. Salesman was quite sincere and honest though.

I see, so the insulation is the 1/2 inch?

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To duracellb,

Living room can take 22/24k btu.
The unit that you use the most often can setup as a single system.
Or different rooms that you use often to one compressor, depending on your usage.

thelastname

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
have been calling up different companies and visited showrooms
so far narrowed down to A** B*** from imm or n*wwa*
with AB being the cheapest one i can find.. and NW about $300 more.

scared abt AB having additional charges here and there making the overall more than others.

any advise? just want something that will work well...

niktraci

Reaction score
have been calling up different companies and visited showrooms
so far narrowed down to A** B*** from imm or n*wwa*
with AB being the cheapest one i can find.. and NW about $300 more.

scared abt AB having additional charges here and there making the overall more than others.

any advise? just want something that will work well...

you can consider Best Tech.. me and my hubby went to IMM and see.. service was great i should say.. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.